Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happenings that Convince you that World of Warcraft Hates You.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happenings that Convince you that World of Warcraft Hates You.

And I don't just mean 'lawlz... my purple doesn't drop!' Believe me, We've all got experience in THAT.

No, I mean random acts of cold hearted cruelty performed by the evil, horrible WoW Gods.

Like last night, while I was farming for Netherwing Rep. There I am, hitting a Nethercite vein when out of the blue, a Netherwing Egg spawns right beside me. GLEE! I think, as i stop mining the vein, And start looting the egg.

After about 20 seconds of looting, I know something is wrong. My head hits my desk as I realize I'm being DC'd. (Once again, Vent stays active, proving that it's not my Internet Connection.) I sign back in as quickly as I can... I mean, there was nobody else in the mine! My egg will still be safe!

I log in just in time to see some horde rogue mining the vein I was just standing at. The egg is nowhere to be seen. I logged out where i stood.

But that's not all!

I woke up a bit early this morning due to some houseguests making noise as they got ready to leave. So i showered and dressed and realized that I had about 20 extra minutes before I had to leave for work. I log into Manny and start working my way through the mine again. And then i see another egg.

GLEE!

It's a little ways away, but I can totally make it. I head off, avoiding as many mobs as i can. I manage to get about 10 feet away from the egg when something aggros onto me... You can't loot eggs while you're in combat, So i throw down a consecrate and get ready to kill the mob.

Then, out of nowhere, somebody comes running through my consecrate. Dragging about 22 mobs with him. My happiness at seeing him die just as he leaves the area of my consecrate is quickly crushed as I die in the onslaught of mobs. I release, (which sends you back to the graveyard... Alive.) and log out. Contemplating throwing my computer out the window the entire time.

So what's YOUR story? Remember. No whining about lack of drops!

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Re: Happenings that Convince you that World of Warcraft Hates You.

Uh...you could try doing something similar on a protection spec'd warrior.:row__523:...oh wait...tanks never have enough gold to buy the riding skill to even GET to do these quests.
    Last edited by beep; 06-21-2007, 12:36 PM.
    Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Ouch.

Did you know the Dragonmaw Disguise is bugged? Yeah...when hunters change to the disguise our pet is summoned because we actually dismount to get the Dragonmaw Drake. Of course...we always dismount over the Twisting Nether. *splat* Because of this I try to cross the void as little as possible because having to rez and feed your pet constantly can be a PITA.

So you collect your 12 [item]Fel Gland[/item] for the Slow Death quest and you're doing Slow Death. Of course my SOP would be to get all the quests, do Nagrand, Deadliest Trap, gather Fel Glands, gather Relics, then do Booterang with Slow Death so I can turn in all at once before heading down into the mines.

La de da de da. Oops! Well one of the groups bugged on me, ah well I'll just go back and get another Fel Gland. Humm...2nd group bugged. Eh? 3rd. Bah! 4th. Damnit! 5th. WTF?!? 6th?!? ARGGGH! 7th! DAMNIT ALL!

Slow Death: 5/12 Dragonmaw Peons Groups Poisoned

Takes me 40 minutes to go back and get 7 more glands because of the demented drop rate. Suffice to say 2 more bug on me. -.-20 minutes of more farming later I finish.

GG Blizzard. GG

Of course not all is bad.

I was down in the mines clearing through a heavy traffic crossroads when down a side branch BAM! An egg spawns! Now I'm heading up one side, a paladin and rouge are coming down the other, and another rogue is coming up right behind me. Nethermine Flayers and Ravagers are repoping in the area so the egg is up in the air over who gets it. I finish off the mob in front of me as the rogue behind me engages another to the side and spots the egg so starts inching towards it. The paladin and rogue each pick up 2 mobs further way and also spot the egg and start inching while trying to take down their mobs. I make a run for the egg (having seen it first and just killed the last mob in my way) when a Flayer and Ravager spawn right on top of me and aggro on me. ARGH! Trap, swing swing, disengage, ranged death dealing. While I'm fighting the other mob the first rogue finishes off her mob and makes a run for the egg I'm standing on. The other rogue drags their mob into the Paladin's Concecrate and vanishes to break combat then makes a dash as well. I'm still in combat so I think I'm screwed. Suddenly an Undead mage pops out of invisibility over the egg and cracks it open before both rogues can ninja it. Paladin is screaming over general about the rogue using Concecration to pull a mob onto him. Rogues are dissapointed over not getting the steal and go away. I'm resigned by my bad luck and finish killing the mob. As I finish looting and skinning I notice the undead mage is still sitting there next to the egg. By now the area is pretty well and truely clear so the Undead Mage stands up, points to the egg, and bows to me before walking away. I bow back, salute his act of kindness for holding it open for me, then grab the egg.

There may be hope for the world yet...
      My sanity is not in question...
      It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

One time Gaviin ninja'd my lootz - true story.

I wouldn't say this is Blizz so much as less than stellar people, but when rogues do the whole train/vanish trick and steal your herb/node/etc. it makes me wish I could gank alliance players. Either that or when a frost mage iceblock tags a fire elemental while he's working on another.

QQ
        Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
        Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
        ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Pistos View Post
          One time Gaviin ninja'd my lootz - true story.

I wouldn't say this is Blizz so much as less than stellar people, but when rogues do the whole train/vanish trick and steal your herb/node/etc. it makes me wish I could gank alliance players. Either that or when a frost mage iceblock tags a fire elemental while he's working on another.

QQ
          this used to work... not so much anymore though... when Somebody trained mobs into my consecrate and then Dropped combat, I'd throw a heal at them and bubble. usually the heal was enough to drag them back into combat, and I'd have 12 seconds to point and laugh at them when everything jumped back on them...

At some point though, they made my heals NOT drag people into combat :(.

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

I do believe they removed nondamage AoE affects from the table of things that can grief people with. I know for a fact that you cannot fear, crowd control, or mind control anything that someone else has tagged.

Flame Strike, Concecrate, and Shaman AoE totem are just some of the things you get screwed with because people can force you to do damage. A paladin dropping a concecrate is just asking someone to tag something and force you to kill it for them. Just like someone using frost nova on a mob near my pet with defensive stance. You force my pet to tank it and thereby forcing me to kill it. -.-

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post
              I know for a fact that you cannot fear, crowd control, or mind control anything that someone else has tagged.
              Since when? When my palli was in the mid-50s, while questing in WPL, I had a BE Palli fear an undead mob that I was attacking. Is this something new that was added in a recent patch?
              Uglyduck - Spec varies - Currently Prot
              MMORPG = Many Men Online Role-Playing as Girls

Comment

Originally posted by duck View Post
                Since when? When my palli was in the mid-50s, while questing in WPL, I had a BE Palli fear an undead mob that I was attacking. Is this something new that was added in a recent patch?
                I'm pretty sure that the Pally fear has different mechanics than the other fears. not entirely sure on that though.

Comment

I know for a fact you cannot Banish, Enslave, Mind Control, or Polymorph a mob that has been tagged by someone else.

Actually when I rethink back I don't know if you can still not fear mobs that are tagged. I distinctly remember trying to fear a tagged mob once before (in order to run it into more mobs and pull it back to its owner) with my hunter and being told I could not because it was tagged. But I do believe my Priest can use Scream to fear mobs regardless of tagged status. Maybe it has to do with the difference between Area and Targeted spells. -.-

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post
                    Just like someone using frost nova on a mob near my pet with defensive stance. You force my pet to tank it and thereby forcing me to kill it. -.-
                    How does that work? What causes the pet to treat it as an attack on the hunter or itself?
                    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

As soon as they get frost novaed, they will attack the closest thing to them, and with a pet on defensive it will retaliate, thus putting the hunter into combat.
                      Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

Um...how about having to reinstall the game? I luckily got it up and running in about 5 hours. Even saved my interface...I'm good...but I still let my squad down..

Comment

Originally posted by orion808 View Post
                          Um...how about having to reinstall the game? I luckily got it up and running in about 5 hours. Even saved my interface...I'm good...but I still let my squad down..
                          Curse you Talara... *shakes fist* :p

At least we learned why people don't generally run KZ with only one tank...

(BTW, the smiley face means I'm joking....)
                          70 Priest

Comment

WoW causes an unrecoverable error in Windows that forces the whole computer to reboot at random. Glad I haven't lost anything important yet like a hard drive. Oh well, Intel will slash theprices on their quad-core ships when AMD releases their quad-core later this summer... almost 4yrs is long enough for a computer i think...
                            BF2142 - ACM/TG Centurien

WoW - Centurion, 77 Priest, Tactical Gamer, Thunderhorn
                            Centurien, 52 Warrior
                            Cessna, 30 Druid

Comment

Originally posted by Centurien View Post
                              WoW causes an unrecoverable error in Windows that forces the whole computer to reboot at random. Glad I haven't lost anything important yet like a hard drive. Oh well, Intel will slash theprices on their quad-core ships when AMD releases their quad-core later this summer... almost 4yrs is long enough for a computer i think...
                              I was having this problem with my Nvidia 7900GTX card. Fortunately, I was able to solve the problem by switching to an ATI card.
                              Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X