Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next Gruul's Lair Raid Will be July 5th.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Gruul's Lair Raid Will be July 5th.

Right. so our last attempt at Gruuls lair failed miserably, due in part to no shows, and confusion about the actual dates. I'm not going to harp about it.. I've said my piece, Alot of people have said theirs. It's in the past, and it's done.

With that being said, Thursday, July 5th, 2007 will be our next attempt at killing some Gronn. The only thing that will change this date is key individuals not being able to attend. (Orion, Beep and Gaze, let me know if this night doesn't work for you.)

Gaviin and Sajier, Please let me know if this night interferes with any planned Squad runs.

For this run, I will be enforcing somewhat strict gear requirements, and I WILL kick you out of the raid if you can't answer three easy skill testing questions. (Easy if you've read the strats, that is.) As well, I'll be looking to make a properly balanced group... if there are too many of a certain class, please don't cancel, I will make sure that everybody gets a chance to stab (at the very least) an ogre.

I have no intention of turning TG into a hardcore raiding guild... I do however, aspire to keep the guild progressing through the content this game has to offer.

The sign up will be posted in a couple of days, once i've confirmed that the important people can be there.

If a mod could sticky this post, I'd be grateful.

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Re: Next Gruul's Lair Raid Will be July 5th.

July 5th is a Thursday. Illidan's new schedule is Tues, Wed, Thursday.
    Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

Originally posted by Sajier View Post
      July 5th is a Thursday. Illidan's new schedule is Tues, Wed, Thursday.
      That should be an MIU week, unless you have moved it again without notice.
      Uglyduck - Spec varies - Currently Prot
      MMORPG = Many Men Online Role-Playing as Girls

Comment

Duck, we just had our MIU week. We're not going to have another after only one normal week.

As for interfering with squad runs, no problem here. Defiant can work around it due to our variable scheduling.
        Ninja

Comment

Im have 10,178 HP now so I think Im rdy. THe 5th is good for me.
          "Uhhhh.... Try this HOT and let me know how it goes."

Comment

*cough* July 5th is the day after July 4th. You know...that national holiday. Yeah, its obvious seeing as 5 comes after 4.

Will post holiday work cause any problems?
            My sanity is not in question...
            It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post
              *cough* July 5th is the day after July 4th. You know...that national holiday. Yeah, its obvious seeing as 5 comes after 4.

Will post holiday work cause any problems?
              If it does, let me know now... (And yes, I know it's the day after Independence day, but alas, the only other day i have free that week IS Independence day.)

Since i'm pretty much stuck on the computers at work until I get my fried motherboard back from the shop, can another officer please set up the raid for the Fifth? Let's see who signs up.. if it doesn't fly, We'll move it back a week or two. (or, you guys can go while i'm on Vacation... that's fine by me too.)

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

Just for the record...Gaze is a noob so that would make him not ready....haha...no but for realz...Gruul is gonna eat dirt
                WoW
                Anastacea - 70 Priest
                Hion - 70 Rogue (PVP)
                Caeden - 70 Mage (PVP)

AoC
                Nast - 75 Priest of Mitra
                Hion - 6 Assassin

"10 Mana Pots - 100g, Flask of Mighty Restoration - 25g, repair bill - 23g...coming to a raid with the Dickens in mind...PRICELESS!!!"

"Feel my radiance, you start to glow...you see my smites, let my holy damage go!!!"

Comment

hey guys as a few of u know im moving hopefully i will be able to be on on this date (depending on what my new roommate has planned) for now count me in!
                  Tip: If you're dumb like me to add a item link in a post type out [item]Item Name Here[/item]

Quote Of The Month
                  "It takes 46 muscles to frown but only 4 to flip the bird."

RAWR!!!

Xyris: 70 Shadow Priest
                  Faeron: 64 Beast Mastery Hunter

Comment

Alright guys, Guess the officers didn't see my request to put up a raid while i was without a computer that could access the raid site.

Comment

I have adjusted Illidan's raids for the week. Sign up to kill Maulgar!

| | |

Comment

We are going to need at least a couple more healers, and preferably another hunter and a couple casters.

Hope people will go sign up!

| | |

Comment

Sorry guys, looks like this is gonna be a No Go.

We'll chalk this one up to bad timing, and the slight issue of...

Class Balance : 6 rogues. Yeesh :| While i do appreciate the wide variety of stabs that you guys bring to the table, You tend to get torn to pieces by AOE's. So you're either kicking ass and taking heals away from the people that REALLY need the heals (Ie: tanks.) Or, you're dying by the bucketful, and, correct me if I'm wrong, but dead rogues kick no ass.
                          We also have a bit of a lack of healing priests this week.. While shadow priests are awesome, we still need at least two more healing priests... Paladins are awesome, but Priests are a necessity with their HoT's and larger heals.
                          We just barely squeezed in with the tanks as well.

I can't stress enough that the only thing that will take down Gruul is a well balanced, and appropriately geared 25 man team. I hate to harp on this matter, but it's honestly true. Unlike ZG, where 20 people could walk in there and get buisness done, Gruul's Lair is definately meant to be a challenge... which is why the first fight requires a Mage tank of all things. (RAWR Cloth tank! Paper Tiger!)

The guild officers have been discussing some things that will help us get into gruuls lair... so don't get to sad yet. Illidan, thank you very much for rearranging your schedule for this. Sorry it didn't work out.
                          Last edited by Manny; 07-05-2007, 07:06 PM.

Comment

all i have to say in this recent event is now 2 times in a row this is starting to discourage those of us who continue to sign up and get rejected everytime, when will we follow through? i know we might not have had the core classes we need but has ne one stopped to think that we could have pulled a few people from other guilds that we know, i.e. i know several members of risen and mystix empires, if given the chance for any of us to actually know what is planned and the regular members and recruites do know other ppl in other guilds we should be able to pull together one gruuls lair!

like i said tho this is going to start discouraging ppl from signing up for these impromptu gruuls lair. thanks for the time

edit: sry didnt read the above post couldnt find it but im leaving my thoughts here to read nothing changes
                            Tip: If you're dumb like me to add a item link in a post type out [item]Item Name Here[/item]

Quote Of The Month
                            "It takes 46 muscles to frown but only 4 to flip the bird."

RAWR!!!

Xyris: 70 Shadow Priest
                            Faeron: 64 Beast Mastery Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Xyris View Post
                              all i have to say in this recent event is now 2 times in a row this is starting to discourage those of us who continue to sign up and get rejected everytime, when will we follow through? i know we might not have had the core classes we need but has ne one stopped to think that we could have pulled a few people from other guilds that we know, i.e. i know several members of risen and mystix empires, if given the chance for any of us to actually know what is planned and the regular members and recruites do know other ppl in other guilds we should be able to pull together one gruuls lair!

like i said tho this is going to start discouraging ppl from signing up for these impromptu gruuls lair. thanks for the time

edit: sry didnt read the above post couldnt find it but im leaving my thoughts here to read nothing changes
                              I have to say, I don't have any complaints that it was canceled due to the reasons it was canceled. I have complaints that we did not go, which I have expressed via other means, but I do not have any reason to not sign up next time for fear of this happening again. There are several downfalls that lead to this. These are working to be resolved. It's not an easy task, managing the people of this guild, even harder trying to please all of them. There was intent on going there by the officers. I've spoken to many of them in regards to it.

It's not like they're teasing everyone who signed up, and shouldn't be thought of that way. It's as much fault ours as it is theirs that this didn't happen. If we have people who will start 'not signing up' for things because it didn't work out the way you had hoped in the past. I'm sorry but I'll say don't let the door hit you on the way out.

That is 100% NOT what TG is about, and hearing hints of it really makes my blood boil.
                              RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X