I want to get something straight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to get something straight

I get the impression that the guild thinks I no showed for Grull on Saturday leaving them without a Mage tank.

Correct me if Im wrong, but here is what happened. On Friday we found out that none of our mages had the HP to tank the Maulgar fight, so a group of us stepped up and pulled together our resources to get me up. Honeslty Im not sure why we picked me. I made it clear in guild chat that I wasnt going to be able to raid on Saturday cuz I was going to the 3 Days Grace show.

As for the sign-ups. I take them seriously. The raid was originaly set for Sat. During the week the raid was moved to Friday so I made plans to go out on Sat. I didnt drop from the sign up beacuse I figured we had ran it/cancelled it already. (My mistake I guess)

Regarless of that fact, I didnt have the stam gear together to even tank the fight on Saturday. I was sitting around 8,900.

After putting some work into it on Sunday, Im sitting at 10,187HP now so we should be good. I plan on being at dang near every Grull attempt we run so don't worry.
    "Uhhhh.... Try this HOT and let me know how it goes."

Re: I want to get something straight

You're cool in my book Gaze :)

I don't think anyone is singling you out...
    70 Priest

Comment

Oh no, Gaze. Manny let us know that you were unable to attend on Saturday, when we all started gathering. You're exempt from the scrutiny. :)

Comment

But you're *not* exempt from me calling you a noob.

Noob!
        Ninja

Comment

LOL. True, I am still a noob. I dont think that will ever change:)
          "Uhhhh.... Try this HOT and let me know how it goes."

Comment

It's all my fault :(

I are mage-tank uber Arcane ftw... just 3... more... levels

Hey wait... arent you Ice-spec Gaze? Icey-folk make better tanks now? damn... I'm really out of the loop here.

Comment

and as for me on this subject, i didnt know sat was a gruuls attempt myself but that could be i havent ben on and yes GAZE IS UBER NOOBER!
              Tip: If you're dumb like me to add a item link in a post type out [item]Item Name Here[/item]

Quote Of The Month
              "It takes 46 muscles to frown but only 4 to flip the bird."

RAWR!!!

Xyris: 70 Shadow Priest
              Faeron: 64 Beast Mastery Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Gambit7 View Post
                It's all my fault :(

I are mage-tank uber Arcane ftw... just 3... more... levels

Hey wait... arent you Ice-spec Gaze? Icey-folk make better tanks now? damn... I'm really out of the loop here.
                It doesn't actually matter. The mechanics allow for any class mage to tank it really, but straight arcane would be more of a challenge with the reduced threat on arcane missiles, as well as the higher mana cost of spells. Going into Arcane enough to get POM helps for the pull, but it's nothing that can't be done with a fireblast/ice-lance or a misdirect.

Comment

Fire mages are the best at tanking this fight cause they produce crazy aggro. Frost by nature is lower aggro and if you have all 3 points in reducing it more, then it's even less, same goes for Arcane as Arkamis said. But i bet with enough practice any mage can do it.
                  Thunderhorn:
                  70 Night Elf Priest-Lunaar(holy)
                  70 Human Mage-Alava(Fire)
                  70 Night Elf Hunter-Insai(Beast Master)
                  70 Dwarf Paladin-Ginoldor(Protection)
                  70 Human Warrior-Revenged(Protection)
                  70 Draenei Shaman-Tianora(Elemental)
                  70 Draenei Shaman-Fayrel(Restoration)
                  Gilneas:
                  50 Undead Priest-Eikyl(Shadow)

Comment

Originally posted by Alava View Post
                    Fire mages are the best at tanking this fight cause they produce crazy aggro. Frost by nature is lower aggro and if you have all 3 points in reducing it more, then it's even less, same goes for Arcane as Arkamis said. But i bet with enough practice any mage can do it.
                    I'd be almost (cough) willing to bet a fully specced Arcane mage can generate more aggro then a fire-spec, simply by virtue of a built up Arcane Blast relying on PoM, arcane power, and mind mastery. And dont forget clearcasting w/Arcane Potency. Even with the aggro. reduction it's just too much dmg in too short a time. It's just yah... a helluva lotta mana.

Anyways, I'm far from being "in the know" on this topic really.

Comment

I would imagine that your both right a Fire mage would be best from instants etc.. but theres key points in Arcane to insrease armor/resistances for more damage mitigration.

Comment

From my understanding armor and resistance means squat when the only damage mitigation comes from the fire reduction buff you get from the mage with spell steal.

At least that's what I was told when I suggested a FR geared mage tank with the FR/Stam items.
                        My sanity is not in question...
                        It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

To be honest not sure, lol just stam stack it I don't know havent done that place with a Mage.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X