level 40!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• level 40!!

whew i hit level 40! finally but i not really sure where to go now to get the best xp and im gonna have to walk there cuz i dont got enough for a mount =( but o well im saving up but anyways anyone no where the best place to go at level 40 is?
    Turucity-40 mage main

Re: level 40!!

Tanaris, Faralas, Hinterlands.
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

There's probably also a bit more in STV to get finished up. There's a timed quest out of one of the gin-joints in SW that's good for a bit of gold and xp that's much easier with a mount. With a mount STV isn't nearly as annoying.

Tanaris is usually where I go when I'm done with STV. Lotsa bunched up quests there.
      Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
      Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
      ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

Gratz on 40!

There are a number of leveling guides on the internet. This is an extract from one at TenTonHammer.com

40-50] Forty to Fifty

Zones Visited
        Badlands
        Desolace
        Tanaris
        Feralas
        The Hinterlands
        Blasted Lands
        Felwood
        Un'Goro Crater

Instances Visited
        Scarlet Monastery
        Uldaman
        Razorfen Downs
        Maraudon
        Zul'Farrak

Related Guides

* Instance Encylopedia
        Need info an instance? Find it here!

Questing

At level forty, assuming you're almost done with STV, you can head to the Badlands and get to questing. There isn't much there Alliance wise, but there should be enough to get you to about 41 with what is left of STV. At 41, the Alliance can venture into Swamp of Sorrows for a good bit of quests before returning once more to Desolace. When you're about done there, head on out to STV again to once and for all be done with it.

By now you should be 43, so head out to Tanaris and Gadgetzan. Your not going to complete all the quests here, but you can get a good few done. Enough to get you through level 43 that you can probably hit 45 once you start Feralas. Feralas is an annoying zone, but has plenty of quests to get you through to about level 45.

Now here is the thing about Alliance, once you get to 45ish you're going to be in a situation where all of your quests aren't very good. You've got a few options. One is to grind and the other is run Uldaman. I suggest going ahead and running Uldaman. It's an annoying instance and completely skippable, but it should be enough to get you to 46 which with new skills makes things easier.

Speaking of level 46, this is about the time you can start The Hinterlands. For Alliance this is a pretty good zone and is enough to get you to 47 (which is about the point you can finish or at least do more of Feralas). At 47 you can return to Tanaris to grind out the higher level quests that you probably couldn't either get at 43 or couldn't finish. By now you should be 48. Now, there is a few options here. There are a ALOT of level 43-45 group quests in STV that should be green and almost grey by now. These should be soloable, like Big Game Hunter. If you done them with a group earlier then that's cool as well. XP is XP no matter the level (unless the quest is grey).

Now, assuming you're 49 you can probably start the Blasted Lands. If not, get some instance runs down! Zul'Farrak and Razorfen Downs are worth the effort and if you didn't do Scarlet when you hit 40 then get that done as well.

Grinding

You will most then likely find yourself questless around level forty four or forty five with the quests being either too annoying to do or just lacking in anything worth while. So youíll probably find yourself grinding out a few levels, donít worry though there is plenty to grind on!

At level forty you can start grinding on all of the Wastewater Bandits in Tanaris. Pirates are always great to grind on since, like pirates they just melee at you or shoot at you with a gun! Nothing special. There are also the Whelps in the Badlands which can take you up to forty three. Elementals in the Badlands are also good for grinding (and good for cash). At later levels, the harpies in Feralas provide excellent grinding material.
        Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Originally posted by Pistos View Post
          There's a timed quest out of one of the gin-joints in SW that's good for a bit of gold and xp that's much easier with a mount.
          It's in the mage quarter:

A Meal Served Cold
          http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?wquest=212

Pretty easy even without a mount, if you hearth to SW or Shatt.
          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X