This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *****Attention****MIU Week*****

Next weeks Karazan runs, will be MIU and Swap raids. In the interest of stirring the pot a bit we've decided this coming weeks' raids will be a little different. :)

It is supposed to be our MIU week, but we don't want to hurt the roll Defiant and Illidan are on, now that they have Karazan practically on farm status. So our idea is to have 2 of Cocidius' leaders swap with 2 of Defiants and 2 of SF leaders swap with Illidan. The intention here is for the leaders to learn first hand, how the squads are handled so that when they return to there own squads, they can use their experience to help in their own squads progression.

Also SF and Cocidius are joining together for next week and we will be having a member or 2 from Defiant or Illidan, as guest stars, lead their raid and share with the members of these squads, what they can while their leaders are learning from being with the other 2 squads.

That all being said, Luna has said she would like to run with a 4th squad for fun this week! For all the folks who don't make it in for their own squads raids and for those who are maybe a little tired of the grind and just want to have some fun. You could even take your alt that is keyed if you like! :)

We hope you like the idea and be sure to visit the raid sign up page to reserve your spot today!
    I don't suffer from insanity,
    I enjoy every minute of it!

Re: *****Attention****MIU Week*****

Um...so in order to maintain the forward progress of Defiant and Illidan we're going to remove the two leaders from those squads and trade them with Special Forces' and Cocidius' leaders. Furthermore 2 members of Defiant and Illidan will be transplanted into those squads to further boister their presence. Lastly Luna (Illidan) will be looking into leading another raid of people not associated with the others for kicks.

So to maintain the forward progress of Illidan and Defiant we're going to be removing 5 people from Illidan and 4 from Defiant? ROFLMAO.

Just finish breaking Illidan and Defiant up among the other squads and see what happens. Both have managed a full clear of Karazhan and there really isn't much more to go forward with. Besides, the more people who see the later fights, the faster those fights will be cleared, the better the loot they will get, and the faster we can hussle people into Gruul's/Mag/SSC/TE.
    My sanity is not in question...
    It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post

So to maintain the forward progress of Illidan and Defiant we're going to be removing 5 people from Illidan and 4 from Defiant? ROFLMAO.

No Tarenth, we are only moving 3 total, from the other squads. SF and Cocidous are combining together this week. So we only need a total of 2 people from the other 2 groups to lead them. The third being Luna with her group. It will be 4 of their members that will be involved with Defiant and Illadan. And with the 2 groups working together this week, I don't believe we'll have any shortages.

As a concerned squad leader put it, "This will allow us to keep our same method of scheduling raids considering it won't be a huge disruption (something that will help turn-out a lot, I think), but will also retain some of the theoretical benefits of MIU."
      I don't suffer from insanity,
      I enjoy every minute of it!

Comment

Probably could've worded that a little more respectfully, eh tarenth?

Brought to you by General Mills... Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
        BY FIBER BE PURGED!! TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
        TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS

Comment

Pft. The great thing about speaking to adults is you don't have to bend over backwards to coach your words too much. Besides, I get enough side stepping with all the hemming and hawing of words to make you sick at work.

"Our performance was not quite up to the standards set to us. Please do better or we will have to ask you to do better again"

BTW, love your stats Halten. 326 AP, 3.47% crit, and 0% hit. Nice ^_^
          My sanity is not in question...
          It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

So being mindful of how you say things and speak to people is only for children? Interesting perspective, that.

And there's a difference between ineffective, weak leadership (which you highlighted in your little quote) and respectful discourse.
            Ninja

Comment

first off..logging out in caster gear ftl :P.

I'm not saying you have to coach your words, but disrespecting other guild members is something that even adults frown upon. Just because someone's 18 doesn't mean you have to sugarcoat everything, but they should still be treated with respect.

Brought to you by General Mills... Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!

Comment

Shut up, Halten.
                Ninja

Comment

And to think I'm actually WANTING to come back to this...glutton for punishment I am.

|TG-Defiant| - It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you.

Comment

So our idea is to have 2 of Cocidius' leaders swap with 2 of Defiants and 2 of SF leaders swap with Illidan. The intention here is for the leaders to learn first hand, how the squads are handled so that when they return to there own squads, they can use their experience to help in their own squads progression.
                    Here's a "for what it's worth" from a guild nobody on a slow day at the office.

While I think it's a great idea to move people around so we can all learn the content better, it doesn't address the real problem two of the guild's four squads face every week: getting enough warm bodies to run KZ at all. Just to put it in perspective, my squad, Cocidius, has been actively scheduling and canceling raids for over two months now for lack of healers.

We had exhausted recruiting the unsquadded TG members before the last guild meeting, and have been recruiting actively on the official site and through our networks of non-guild friends. But neither Cocidius (nor as I understand it, SF) is consistently filling more than one raid a week.

Also SF and Cocidius are joining together for next week and we will be having a member or 2 from Defiant or Illidan, as guest stars, lead their raid and share with the members of these squads, what they can while their leaders are learning from being with the other 2 squads.
                    We're trying out a joint SF-Cocidius run next week -- a great solution in the near term, but one that doesn't solve the long-term problem. As I see Gruul raids starting up, I fear guild elders have done the math and realize that they have plenty of people ready to advance to 25-man content. If that's what's imminent, the so-called casual squads face even more difficulties as we lose sufficiently-geared squad members to 25-mans. (And so I'm clear here, it's their right to do so. Spend your play time how you like it.)

So this is a(nother) plea to everyone in the guild who reads this: please take a second to ping a friend or two on your list not in TG and let them know two of our squads are recruiting (and joining the guild itself is entirely optional). The two squads run on different nights and between the two raid most every night during the week. If you get any interest, please direct them to Bippy (SF) or Jest (Cocidius) for more details.

Listeners of public radio will recognize this line: don't read this and assume someone else will help and the problem will go away. It hasn't. Take just a moment to send some tells and help over twenty TG guildies get their raid on.

Then, IMO, MIU weeks start to make a lot more sense -- knowledge transfer means the 2nd wave into KZ can gear up that much quicker and the guild as a whole can advance into SSC and beyond that much faster.

Sorry for the long post but communication outside the squad to the guild as a whole feels like shouting over very tall walls at times. I figured the semantic tiff that was developing in this thread would be a good draw to get some attention on this matter.
                    Saxen | 70 Protection Warrior
                    Belize | 70 Enhancement Shaman
                    Rilke | 64 Mutilation Rogue
                    Noye | 62 Shadow Priest

Comment

Originally posted by Gaviin View Post
                      Shut up, Halten.
                      easy killer! much <3

Comment

Saxen - you posted this the same time I was working on my post about the same topic. Take a look at what I wrote and let me know what you think. I read these forums every day so I've seen the frustration you guys have had at not being able to fill up a raid. I'd love to help come up with something that works.
                        Last edited by Pistos; 07-09-2007, 04:37 PM. Reason: to fix my crazy train of thought...
                        Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
                        Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
                        ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

NOTICE:

MIU week (as we have known it) will not be a regularly scheduled event. After much discussion with the Squad Leaders and the Officers, we have identified other approaches to encourage the knowledge transfer and speed up KZ progression.

So...Officially...MIU is canceled as a separate calendar event...at least until further notice.

Please direct your questions to any officer.
                          Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X