Post your lesser known raid buffs and temporary enchants

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post your lesser known raid buffs and temporary enchants

I thought it would be helpful to everyone if different classes could post some of the lesser known (i.e., not Flask/Battle/Guardian elixirs) raid consumables. Hopefully we'll all learn about some new ways to spend money raiding O.o

Here's a few from my bags:
    [item]Nightmare Seed[/item], a mini Last Stand, shares CD with healthstone.
    [item]Greater Rune of Shielding[/item]; would also be good for a pally healer in a fight where you know you're going to be taking damage.
    [item]Greater Rune of Warding[/item]; anyone have experience with these?
    [item]Adamantite Sharpening Stone[/item], remember there are two enchant slots on your weapon, the permanent (Crusader, Mongoose) and the temporary (sharpening stones, Shammy Windfury).
    [item]Mighty Rage Potion[/item]
    Saxen | 70 Protection Warrior
    Belize | 70 Enhancement Shaman
    Rilke | 64 Mutilation Rogue
    Noye | 62 Shadow Priest

Re: Post your lesser known raid buffs and temporary enchants

I make both of the greater runes as often as I have the materials. The Greater Rune of Warding is useful to everyone and provides just a little bit more damage protection periodically. It also lasts through death. The Greater Rune of Shielding is great for tanks and pallies- very, very useful.

Comment

I'm shamelessly bumping this thread. Anyone have an "secret" consumables they find helpful raiding? Things that heal but are on different cooldown than regular health pots? Low-level items that work well for end game? That sort of thing.

Man, is it summer around here or what? :)
      Saxen | 70 Protection Warrior
      Belize | 70 Enhancement Shaman
      Rilke | 64 Mutilation Rogue
      Noye | 62 Shadow Priest

Comment

My normal consumables:

[item]Super Mana Potion[/item]
        [item]Elixir of Major Shadow Power[/item]
        [item]Superior Wizard Oil[/item]
        [item]Blackened Basilisk[/item]

I don't use the Elixir all the time, and I generally won't use any consumables except on boss fights.

[item]Unstable Mana Potion[/item]
        (I'll use these here and there when I need a little juice to keep going at the end of a fight but I know that I won't need a big pot)

[item]Dark Rune[/item]
        [item]Demonic Rune[/item]
        These are both on a different timer than the mana/health pots so they're great. I try and use them only in emergencies since I don't have many and they aren't exactly convenient to get a hold of. Dark Runes are prefered since they aren't soulbound, but farming Scholo isn't on my list of things I want to do every week.
        Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
        Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
        ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

Is Goose Juice ([item]Elixir of the Mongoose[/item]) still popular?
          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

[item]Lei of Lilies[/item] makes a [item]Lily Root[/item] that doesn't share cooldown with an pots (but it does share with healthstone). You don't have to wear the Lei in combat, and you can get a new root every hour!

[item]Nightdragon Sprout[/item] are nice if you get a chance to farm them.

and, though not a consumable, i am quite fond of my [item]Skull of Impending Doom[/item] which i use for things such as runing too my body after a wipe, or running away when appropriate... you can arm it incombat, on say... a bad pull... just make sure you will have enough health to survive it (or heal if you can), and make sure ur going to get out of the battle instance in time.
            Last edited by orion808; 07-21-2007, 11:00 AM.
            "When in doubt, make a fool of yourself" - personal motto
            "Crack is the reason for glass broken" - warning on my favorite japanese teapot

Comment

Not sure how to post links to items in here.

But I can make Elixir of Major Fortitude. Increases maxiumum health by 250 and restores 10 health every 5 seconds for 1 hour. Guardian Elixir

and then all the other odds and ends potions.

Never question the sanity of someone with the ability to spam moonfire.

Comment

[item]Elixir of Major Fortitude[/item] = [item]Elixir of Major Fortitude[/item]
                My sanity is not in question...
                It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X