Blacklist?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blacklist?

Would it be a good idea or a bad idea to compile a 'black list' of people (or their characters at least) who we have had a bad experience with and why so we know to watch out for them? From time to time someone will say "Watch out for <name> they <offense>" and we all nod and agree then promptly forget who we were talking about.

An actual list with a reason and notation of why and when may keep those names on mind instead of the current "that name sounds oddly familar" feelings we get now.

Ways to implement such things would be:
    1) Stick it in the officer forums where only the officers and admins can see it. This will keep the PTBs informed on who potential trouble makers are.
    2) Stickie it in general and lock it. Submission to the list would be via PM to an officer who would then investigate the greivance with the person/person's guild and then additions/removals with the list could be made via the board mods.

I'm loathed to put it open on general because it could quickly degrade into a 'people I dislike' kinda list. I would like to see a list of people with actual grievances against them that have been researched and discussed so we know for a fact they are a problem and to avoid them.
    My sanity is not in question...
    It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Re: Blacklist?

Not a bad idea

"REMEMBER! Pillage first THEN Burn!"

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post
      I'm loathed to put it open on general because it could quickly degrade into a 'people I dislike' kinda list. I would like to see a list of people with actual grievances against them that have been researched and discussed so we know for a fact they are a problem and to avoid them.
      This is exactly the reason why TG doesn't like to post anything slanderous against another individual. There are too many gray lines and it's too easy to come by misinformation. TG does not support this negative style of posts due to the drama it creates.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post
        Ways to implement such things would be:
        1) Stick it in the officer forums where only the officers and admins can see it. This will keep the PTBs informed on who potential trouble makers are.
        2) Stickie it in general and lock it. Submission to the list would be via PM to an officer who would then investigate the greivance with the person/person's guild and then additions/removals with the list could be made via the board mods.
        "Suggestions are great, but suggestions with a plan are better"

Well, whatever. I asked a few people yestereday and I never really got an answer because I think we were busy making cracks about someone during the raid.

Sometimes the best way to have fun in a game is to avoid the people who suck the fun out of it. If someone is a confirmed problem I'd actually like to remember who they are so I can try to avoid them if possible. Currently the only information we have are the scattered posts, the application list (If bold red text saying "Rejected" isn't a black mark I don't know what is), and word of mouth in game. If some procedure was formed for addressing grievances and collecting evidence so those problem could be resolved in game then thats all the better in my eyes.
        My sanity is not in question...
        It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Sounds like a reputation mod. ("Reputation" in the general sense, not the WoW meaning.)

I use a couple of addons that share information with the guild. On a PvP server, VanasKOS is a nice Kill on Sight list. If my guildie gets ganked and he right-clicks the ganker and adds him to his KoS list, the ganker is added to everyone else's list who's online at the time.

Gatherer will share gathered mining and herb nodes to guildies online, with a notation of who provided the node.

Ideally a reputation addon would indicate who has added a comment about someone, and you could look at all comments about someone along with who made them to judge their validity.
          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X