X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Respecing

Just so you know, I am respecing to this spec
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...00000000000000
    I'de love some input from mages or anyone for that matter. I don't use Fireball or Fireblast all that much, usually just Scorch

"REMEMBER! Pillage first THEN Burn!"

Re: Respecing

Hmm.. should be interesting, lol. Let me know how it goes ;-)

Comment

Actually im droping the Pyro and Combustion for Arcane Power

Comment

Originally posted by caldsteven View Post
        Actually im droping the Pyro and Combustion for Arcane Power
        The talent link shows you one point from Arcane Power actually.
        My sanity is not in question...
        It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Sorry the edit didn't go through, here is the link
          http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...00000000000000

After testing the spec in Khara last night I can honestly say I like it a lot better. Yea I lost A LOT of AoE, but I gained a bit more single target nuking power

Comment

What sort of cast cycle are you using for that build?

TL.
            -=[dMw]=-TeaLeaf
            deadmen.co.uk
            Vanilla cleared in vanilla. TBC cleared in TBC.
            Heroic WotLK cleared. Awaiting Cataclysm.

Comment

Scorch with the rare Fireblast, this spec is working really well, Im doing quite a bit more damage.

Comment

Seriously, drop Arcane Fortitude. That's the worst 11 point talent ever.

Comment

I agree with Ark. Perhaps something like this?

Your talent points are really stacked so its hard to shuffle a point in an earlier tier. I moved the point from Arcane Fort and put it into Magic Absorption because more resistance and mana back sounds good on paper.

I also took out the 2 points of 'playing with fire' and saddly 2 points from Fire Power to finish off Master Of Elements and Take Spell Power.

You lose 6% in damage, but you gain more mana every crit and 50% more damage per crit. Since you said you would be using scorch primarily with the occasional fireball this will extend your mana pool and increase your damage slightly with a spell that already has a higher crit rate.
                  My sanity is not in question...
                  It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Yea, I noticed the Fortitude but didn't want to spend the gold to respec.
                    I think I will go with that spec, thank you very much.
                    Tealeaf, I am mostly PVE in Khara and starting Grull. I've always wanted to join a PVP squad but haven't been able to.

Thank you for your comments guys!

Comment

For a mostly PVE build with some PVP fun as a sideline then you need mana refunds, good crits & damage, reduced interrupts and aggro reduction.

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/ba...00000000000000

I agree on the the armor comments, wasted point.
                      I do not like Magic Absorption - you don't get a full resist that often (think how many times you are the target of a boss spell) and you'll not notice the refund (think of how many extra spells you can cast with 5% mana - very few so a mana stone or pot is much more effective). Increased resistances by 10 hardly help anyway as you don't really have any fights at the moment where you will be needing any resistance gear at all, so again these are wasted points imo.
                      No point having reduced fire blast CD as it is a rare cast spell in your cycle.
                      Pyro and Blastwave are ideal talents to have and help load up early rank points. POM Pyro & Blastwave for the weekend PVP fun are treats and good fun with a scorch build which has stacked the debuff so you may as well have them both as you can live without the 2 points in increased range. None of the fights you have at the moment need the increased range as a mandatory.
                      If you can load up the points and not use Playing with Fire then you can replace most of it with Fire Power which does 2% dam per one point, whereas the Playing with Fire uses 3 points to give 3% damage *and* increases spell damage taken by 3% too.
                      I did not use Blazing Speed as whilst it's nice the proc rate is too low and therefore rarely used. I'd stick with Fire Power.

I think the above works well as a build (although not what I use myself atm) and it meets the criteria for what you use your toon for and what those roles need.

Hope this helps.

TL.
                      -=[dMw]=-TeaLeaf
                      deadmen.co.uk
                      Vanilla cleared in vanilla. TBC cleared in TBC.
                      Heroic WotLK cleared. Awaiting Cataclysm.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X