Next WoW Expansion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next WoW Expansion

Was zipping through the news at MMO-Champion.com and reading some of the bits about WoW that I've been slacking off on lately.

The next expansion will be World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King and will feature Northrend and Arthas.

The level cap will be increased from 70 to 80 and will take just as long to level to as it took from 60 to 70.

A new battleground will be introduced that is promised to be in line with the original plan for Alterac Valley (massive wholescale war instead of bum rushfest) and will include destroyable buildings and seige weapons.

New profession will be introduced call 'Inscriptions' that act like enchants for spells and abilities.

FIRST HEROIC CLASS HAS BEEN PLANED! It will be the 'Death Knight' and somewhat like a hybrid damage dealer/Tank.

Funny, I'm not really all that excited really since I still haven't seen squat of Naxx, AQ40, Mount Hyjal, or the Black Temple. -.-
    My sanity is not in question...
    It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Re: Next WoW Expansion

I'd like to finish BC content before the expansion is released. We need to get our asses in gear. :)

Comment

If it takes as long to get out as the first expansion did, it'll be a year at least from now.
      I don't suffer from insanity,
      I enjoy every minute of it!

Comment

I'd have liked to finish Old World Content before moving to TBC content =/
        RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Originally posted by Vinzalf View Post
          I'd have liked to finish Old World Content before moving to TBC content =/
          Agreed. I feel the real lack never having downed Nefarion or ridden a bug tank through AQ40 with the rest of TG.

When TBC came out Blizzard actually promised 1 expansion pack per year. The fact that they're announcing WOTLK at Blizzcon like they did TBC looks like we may have another January release (expect November if they don't retool classes again and delay for fixes).

There are probably 100 guilds poised to hit Mount Hyjal and 20 guilds ready to take on the Black Temple. If that number doubled in the next 6 months that's still about 200 guilds (5000 people at 25 man raids out of 11 million subscribers) who will see the latest content before its rendered obsolete like Naxx was.

Is Blizzard spending too much time developing content few people will ever see?

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post
            Is Blizzard spending too much time developing content few people will ever see?
            The problem is the huge dichotomy between the laid-back casual gamer and the hard-core (i.e. relatively insane) raider. (See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSW_BpRKYgI)

They've got to appeal to the people who spend their whole lives in game. Mainly because they're the ones who bitch the loudest on the General WoW forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrielle View Post
              The problem is the huge dichotomy between the laid-back casual gamer and the hard-core (i.e. relatively insane) raider.
              Some of us are very hardcore like myself, but we are limited by other peoples availability or lack thereof. We're not insane, we're just dertermined to progress and have fun one way or another.

Comment

Originally posted by Valik View Post
                Some of us are very hardcore like myself, but we are limited by other peoples availability or lack thereof. We're not insane, we're just dertermined to progress and have fun one way or another.
                Let me clarify... my definition of hardcore is someone who will sacrifice their entire outside life and expect the same of others for their own personal gain without taking into consideration anyone else's circumstances and are not understanding of any setbacks. I'm talking about people who refuse to leave their computers to go to the restroom.

If you fit that definition, then I'm sorry if I offended you with my thoughtless comment. That certainly wasn't my intention! There's a difference between those who seek steady progression and my mental image of a "hardcore" raider.

Anyway, ... sorry if I ruffled feathers.

Comment

remember though...it's been announced, that doesn't mean it's even CLOSE to being ready.

I'm guessing it won't be given a release date for at LEAST a year....
                  He's got me dead to rights, doc. Would you like to shoot me now or wait till you get home?"

"Shoot him now! Shoot him now!"

"You keep OUT of this, he doesn't have to shoot you now."

"He does so have to shoot me now! I demand that you shoot me now!"

BANG!

"Let's....try that again."

"OK"

"Would you like to shoot me now or wait till you get home?"

"Shoot him now. Shoot him now."

"You keep out of this, he doesn't have to shoot you now."

"A-HA, pronoun trouble. It's not: 'He doesn't have to shoot YOU now, it's he doesn't have to shoot ME now....Well, I say he DOES have to shoot me now! So shoot me now!"

BANG!

Comment

TBC was first announced last year at Blizzcon as well. The expected release date was in November, but due to the complete retooling of the hunter class and constant fixes to game balance (decreased stamina value, hammering out quests from new areas, new gear drops, etc) it was pushed back to January.

Comment

I must say I'm very disappointed that they would even release another expansion or reveal the idea of one since TBC hasn't even been out a year yet. I as well used to play EQ and it was costly and alot of trouble trying to keep up with every expac that can out every few months.

|TG-Defiant| - It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X