A new beginning...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new beginning...

Here is just a little background information so that you may understand where I am coming from. I used to play Everquest and ran my end game guild there. We were very hardcore and raided more hours in a single week that most people in Tactical Gamer do in a month. We were the best guild on the server, a force to be reckoned with. We kept up that hardcore pace and maintained our dominance for over six years. That is what I am accustomed to and the raiding background I come from.

I play the game to have fun just like everyone else, but for the past several months things have become very frustrating for me, despite trying to maintain a positive outlook on things. Honestly, I’m haven't been having much fun lately. There is just too much down time in the guild for me and the boredom factor has gotten way out of control. I want to raid 25-man content four to five nights a week. Hell, I want to have the Black Temple on farm status before the next expansion comes out, but with our current rate of progression we will not even have cleared SSC or TK before the expansion is released. To raid consistently, effectively and successfully in the new 25-man content, Tactical Gamer needs to have 35-40 people of the proper class balance, with the same availability (play time wise), the necessary skill, the proper gear, and a raiding mindset (desire, focus, and intensity). This is not likely to change in the coming months unless massive changes take place in the guild. That's just my opinion, so please don't be offended.

Tactical Gamer is by far the friendliest guild I’ve ever come across on this server. Since joining almost a year ago, I’ve met some great people and made numerous friends in the guild (You know who you are!). I really do believe Tactical Gamer is probably one of the greatest guilds on the server from a people standpoint. That is what attracted me to Tactical Gamer, the people, but it’s just not enough anymore. I like hanging out with my friends, but I'm bored to death of doing the same old thing over and over and over again. I want to raid way more often than we are currently capable of. I want to progress and experience new content at what I consider a reasonable pace. I want to finish BC content before the next expansion comes out.

Some of you may think I'm being selfish and inconsiderate, but I've been very patient for several months hoping things would change for the better. Just think about it for a moment and look at it from this perspective. Each and every one of us pay to play this game to have fun. If your not having fun then what is the point? I love the game and want to have fun again. It’s time for me to move on and make WoW fun for me to play again.

My friends in TG will always be my friends and have a permanent place on my friends list.

I wish you all well.

Valik
    Last edited by Valik; 08-05-2007, 12:30 PM.

Re: A new beginning...

sad to see u go, good luck in your endevors and send us some epix! ;-)
    "When in doubt, make a fool of yourself" - personal motto
    "Crack is the reason for glass broken" - warning on my favorite japanese teapot

Comment

Good luck my dear. Hope you find what you are looking for.

May all your lootz be epix!

Level 80 Warrior
      Level 74 Priest

Comment

I understand where you're coming from, Valik, and share your frustrations. The amount of raiding you propose is slightly beyond what I could handle, but it is much closer to what I desire than our current state. Best of luck to you; perhaps our paths will cross again in the future...
        70 Priest

Comment

/echo Wintrow

Sorry to see you go, Valik. I wish you well, man.
          Ninja

Comment

Good luck and I hope you find what you are seeking.

Silchar (70 Retribution Paladin)
            Lightshow (70 Holy Priest)
            Wetstone (70 Marksman Hunter)

"Never forget-the higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

I wish you luck, Valik. I hope you find what you're looking for!
              Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

You have every right to enjoy your game play. Take care and I hope you find what you're looking for.

Never question the sanity of someone with the ability to spam moonfire.

Comment

I REALLY hate to see you leave Valik, but I fully understand and sympathize with why you're leaving. I'll see you around. Feel free to whisper me if you need anything! GOOD LUCK!!!

"REMEMBER! Pillage first THEN Burn!"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X