Maybe?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe?

I kinda drifted off into a WoW site, and i started looking at my characters that havent been played in quite some time, and i am thinking about playing again, but I wanna know, can my lvl 25 pally on WoW be played also on WoW:burning crusade? and also, does TG still have a guild for reagular WoW? because i wanna get back into playing before i buy the expansion (plus i dont have money but i guess i know what ill put on my birthday list lol).
    "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Re: Maybe?

Unfortunately without TBC your level 25 paladin will only be able to operate on the old world and will not be able to progress beyond level 60.

I do not believe there are any guilds, servers, or people interested enough in playing basic WoW when things move much better in outland and TBC. Example: You can raid for 6 hours with 39 other people in BWL (after doing the attunment quests at level 60) to get a piece of loot inferior to a quest item at level 64.

If you really want to get serious with playing WoW then you will have to buy the TBC to fully enjoy it with everyone else. If you just want to pass some time and remind yourself why/why not to play then you could go ahead and fire up Basic and leave off getting the expansion until your mid50's.

Either way pick which ever is fun for you. ;)
    My sanity is not in question...
    It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

What im trying to say is like, if i play on my char now, when my B-day comes around (a couple months) i get TBC and can i install it, then play with my pally on TBC? or do i have to make a new char for TBC? you get what im asking? play original, install TBC still play with same char on TBC. can i do that?
      "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

Yep, definitely. Your old character will be able to go to Outlands at level 58.

Gnopaine - Level 70 Warlock (Affliction)
        Scarpia (aka Edbane) - Level 70 Paladin (Holy)
        Ripoffron - Level 1 Auction House Hustler

Comment

Trick question really. Once you link your account to a TBC seriel after getting the expansion, then yes you will be able to take your character into outland and experience TBC content. It's an expansion after all. ^_^

However, if you want to play the new TBC races then you need to get the expansion first before you can create a character with a Dreanei (alliance) or Blood Elf (horde) character. You will also not be able to visit their starting areas in old world because they are unlocked with TBC content.
          My sanity is not in question...
          It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

If you want to play your already established 25 pally, there is no reason why you couldn't with or without TBC. The catch will come at level 60, which if you're anything like me, won't happen until your birthday. (I don't get how some people can level so damn fast!)

Guilds aren't divided by TBC/non-TBC. By the time the expansion becomes applicable to your character, you'll likely have purchased it and will be ready to roll.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X