My first video

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first video

Ok, so I have been playing around with Fraps a bit, and Beep had asked me how I do the BEM Bombing Run, so I put this together.

The main purpose was to show how flying (on a normal mount) in a spiral confuses the cannons and causes them to fire everywhere but at you. This is because the cannons assume you are going to be flying in a straight line wherever you go, so if you vary your flight pattern (such as dive bombing just short of the cannonballs then flying up for about 2 seconds then back down) you can avoid all the explosions.

Let me know what you guys think of the video. Is the resolution high enough that it could be useful for boss fights? Any other feedback?

Blastcap's BEM Bombing run
    Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Re: My first video

Looks pretty good. My initial thought is that you could go with a little sharper resolution. At the moment the download speeds are very fast, so you could trade off a little more speed for better quality. I think for a boss fight the blockiness would make it a little too hard to see what's going on.

Caveat: Never have played with video capture myself. :)

Thanks for working on this! I think videos are some of the best learning tools.

Gnopaine - Level 70 Warlock (Affliction)
    Scarpia (aka Edbane) - Level 70 Paladin (Holy)
    Ripoffron - Level 1 Auction House Hustler

Comment

Nice video. Although you fly so high your pretty much going to splat if you ever get hit with flak. Can you feign death in mid air (I think that character is a hunter, right?)? :-)

Comment

I actually have never died from falling doing this quest. The only death I have taken was I got hit once, fell for half damage and landed on 3 dogs.

Then they resisted FD :(.

I will figure out what I can do to up the resolution some.

| | |

Comment

Good video, thanks for posting. Raising the resolution will definitely help, especially for complex boss fights. I think enough resolution to read smaller text to have a better idea of what's going on. As long as bandwidth does not become an issue...

Regarding the fall, a mage could use slow fall or blink out if knocked off the mount.

Comment

Originally posted by Elminnster View Post
            Good video, thanks for posting. Raising the resolution will definitely help, especially for complex boss fights. I think enough resolution to read smaller text to have a better idea of what's going on. As long as bandwidth does not become an issue...

Regarding the fall, a mage could use slow fall or blink out if knocked off the mount.
            priests as well~!

This is awsome Saj! i will try it when i can get back on!
            Tip: If you're dumb like me to add a item link in a post type out [item]Item Name Here[/item]

Quote Of The Month
            "It takes 46 muscles to frown but only 4 to flip the bird."

RAWR!!!

Xyris: 70 Shadow Priest
            Faeron: 64 Beast Mastery Hunter

Comment

Filefront offers free video hosting. So bandwidth shouldn't be an issue.

http://hosted.filefront.com/Arkamis

When you first upload a video, it's streaming. After a little while it becomes download-only if it doesn't get a lot of views.

Comment

Well, I have webspace here at TG, so I don't think its too bad.

I will ask Apophis if he minds me hosting them on my website here, but I don't think he will mind, as long as I keep them reasonably sized.

I am doing some research on upgrading the resolution, might need to start using a different program than Windows Movie Maker to do the editing to be able to carry over some of the larger resolutions.

| | |

Comment

[item]parachute cloak[/item] FTW
                  "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

I'll see your [item]Parachute Cloak[/item] and raise you a [item]Skyguard's Drape[/item] and [item]Skywitch's Drape[/item].
                    My sanity is not in question...
                    It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

I think I'd fold Q :D

|TG-Defiant| - It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you.

Comment

Capes? Featherfall? Drood Flight Form FTW!

-D-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X