Get Back Into WoW?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get Back Into WoW?

is it honestly worth it? its been about 2 years i'm guessing since i put the game on the shelf.

kid is now 3 and time is short.. i'd be starting from scratch.. just don't know if i have the time to commit that this game would require.

picked up and until the end of the month have had and played LOTRonline..

haven't played it in about a month..

i hear people crow about WoW this and WoW that.. has it honestly come along in leaps and bounds in 2 years?

burning crusade and from what i read a new expansion pending.. still i wonder how long it would take me to get to the required minimum to actually survive in those areas..

IronRhino.

Re: Get Back Into WoW?

It is an awesome game, but you need to honestly consider your time that you can put towards the game and what you expect might happen after you reach whatever goal you have. For some, they set a goal of reaching 70, then forget that the game starts at 70 with raiding or heroics and such.

Also, are you OK with leveling on your own and occasionally with others that you might personally know via a guild or such...you know the deal.

The game has gotten better, and I feel they aren't screwing with the mechanics as much as they were. Gone is the day of never being viable with whatever spec you choose.

Comment

i've no problem soloing where applicable and grouping to achive a greater goal. issue i might have is committing to a raid or any quest that could take several hours.. something i don't have the luxury of doing.

perhaps i'll mull it over more in my head but i would like more folks input if they have it before i make a final choice.

btw if i did choose to start up what is the server you folks are playing on?

Comment

Originally posted by IronRhino73 View Post
        i've no problem soloing where applicable and grouping to achive a greater goal. issue i might have is committing to a raid or any quest that could take several hours.. something i don't have the luxury of doing.

perhaps i'll mull it over more in my head but i would like more folks input if they have it before i make a final choice.

btw if i did choose to start up what is the server you folks are playing on?
        Thunderhorn US server
        I don't suffer from insanity,
        I enjoy every minute of it!

Comment

well i was on the world of warcraft site and it just dawned on me i don't know any of the account info from my previous days of playing..

before i go spendin gthe coin i want to know if the cd key associated with that account can be used or if its still tied to the now defunct account that i've no clue about. email addy is defunct as far as i can tell.. anyone know if i'm basically holding onto a coaster(s)(CDs)? or after 2 years would the account have disolved? can't get support on wow site since it asks me to log on with my account.. catch 22.

Comment

old CD key should be good. Contact Blizzard and they'll revive your old account.

Keep in mind that if you take your time, getting to 70 could take months. By that time, you might be able to raid a little. Instances generally take 2-3 hours, or 45 min for something like Black Morass...while raids can run 4-5 hours depending on the group you are with and if they are making progress, etc..

Thunderhorn, US...Alliance side. Post an application above using the application thread...follow the instructions there.

Comment

1. Your old CD key should work for "old WoW" (excluding the expansion). With the expansion, you enter a new CD key that enables The Burning Crusade expansion material.

2. A reminder that using rested XP (doubling your XP from kills) is a huge efficiency boost to your leveling time and is designed as an incentive for players who take a day or two off between gaming sessions.

3. While your mileage may differ (based on differing choices of class, talent spec, grinding vs. questing, and rested xp bonus), you can expect 200-300 hours of play time to reach level 60. From 60 to 70 is 150-200 hours or so.

4. The expansion raids are smaller (10 or 25 man vs 20-40 man in old WoW) and a bit shorter. We don't have the 5-6 hour marathon Molten Core sessions that we once had, but 3-4 hours is not rare for Karazhan or Gruul's lair. There is an abundance of 5 man instances in the expansion with some nice gear, so raiding is not the imperative that it once was.

Hope this helps you sort out what you want to do!:)
              Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X