Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for interest

Fellow TGers...

I've had something back-burnered in my mind since BC came out, and I'm just wondering what the interest would be... Please post here if you are inerested at all.

I never got to see some of the Pre-BC (OWW) content. Would be there be any interest in any of the following.

1. Attacking the old 40 man raids we never got to do as a guild (BWL/Nax/AQ40)
    2. Would you be interested in taking your 70 toons? or would u like to see a mix of 70s w/some 60s?
    3. How often, if you would be interested, would you like to do it? (i, personally, would like to either psyc myself for 1 day a month, and talk one of our quality raid leaders into taking us.... or, maybe, spend a week every 3 months or so and dedicate the week to it).
    4. I'm no fool in thinking they will be a breeze, even though we outrank most of the mobs... however, i believe that we could use our 70 toons to guarentee we meet the gear requirements, and use the experiance to develop our playing/teamwork/awareness skills and, of course, see content we never saw! :row__593:

Feel free to reply with interest and ideas, nothing a all is in the works, this is just a random idea/question that has rolled around in the back of my head for a long time.
    "When in doubt, make a fool of yourself" - personal motto
    "Crack is the reason for glass broken" - warning on my favorite japanese teapot

Re: Request for interest

1) This has been tried, and met with very little interest. I doubt it would meet much more now. Shalt tried for 4 weeks and could barely field 20 people.
    2) With the expansion from 2-3 nights a week in 25 mans, adding an additional day will be very difficult, and is likely to meet even less interest when it doesn't provide actual progress.

Just trying to add some feedback before you try to put a bunch of time into this.
    Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

im game if you can get more people

Comment

id be willing to go as well as long as we arent FORCED to just take our 70's and can bring our lvl 61 alts :P soon to be 62 hehe
        Tip: If you're dumb like me to add a item link in a post type out [item]Item Name Here[/item]

Quote Of The Month
        "It takes 46 muscles to frown but only 4 to flip the bird."

RAWR!!!

Xyris: 70 Shadow Priest
        Faeron: 64 Beast Mastery Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Xyris View Post
          id be willing to go as well as long as we arent FORCED to just take our 70's and can bring our lvl 61 alts :P soon to be 62 hehe
          It's the level 61 alts that will break this Idea.

Imminent has been running Naxx lately, and they're barely getting through there with their 70's. (they're making progress, but that's because they're wanting to go in there to progress.)

A big thing that's making Naxx doable for them is the fact that their extra levels have managed to make up for the gear... their mages have about as much Stamina as their fully buffed tanks used to.

Assuming I'm not raiding or working. (most likely working, I haven't raided since I left TG. oh, sweetest Irony...) I'll be more than happy to tag along on any serious attempt in BWL or Naxx. (no AQ or MC. Hate those places.)

:)

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

I've personally been 11 bosses into Naxxramas and could be of some assistance if and when this happens. As far as BWL/AQ 40 I have fully cleared all instances Pre-BC other than Naxx. I think Naxxramas is my favorite instance in the game but I would let others be their own judges if/when this happens. I am game if we go though...
            Doomkin...Tree...or Bear. If your not the above, your not cool! *Note* Alts don't count....

Comment

Imminent hosts Naxx raids on the weekends. Most of the raid is essentially a PUG... people that people know, friends and that kind of thing. We've cleared everything up to Sapphiron so far. We haven't unlocked Frostwyrm Lair, but we've cleared each of the wings, (including 4HM!!!). It's a pretty fun time, so if you see me in there, just send me a tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Manny View Post
                Imminent has been running Naxx lately, and they're barely getting through there with their 70's. (they're making progress, but that's because they're wanting to go in there to progress.)
                Barely getting through? My [item]Redemption Tunic[/item] says otherwise! =P

Comment

if naxx was originally a lvl 60 raid with improved loot and lvl 60 outlands gear now pwns alot of the t3 items then why would it be a big deal for a lvl 61 to go in?
                  Tip: If you're dumb like me to add a item link in a post type out [item]Item Name Here[/item]

Quote Of The Month

RAWR!!!

Comment

if naxx was originally a lvl 60 raid with improved loot and lvl 60 outlands gear now pwns alot of the t3 items then why would it be a big deal for a lvl 61 to go in?

Quote Of The Month

RAWR!!!

Comment

Because Naxx was designed for the best geared 60's in the game. If a level 61 with newbie Outland gear goes there, they will still get squashed from lack of gear and lack of experience raiding.

Naxx is not an easy raid, it takes good gear, good teamwork, and knowledge.
                      Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

I would be interested in doing it. I've always been curious about all those old raid zones that I have never seen.

Tarma: 80 Enhancement Shaman | Koliana: 70 Balance Druid
                        Salelen: 70 Discipline Priest | Jadrek: 70 Arcane Mage
                        Kerowhyn: 67 Retribution Paladin | Talenoth: 69 Unholy Death Knight
                        Caldac: 60 Beast Master Hunter | Kamina: 58 Protection Warrior
                        Celendra: 45 Combat Rogue

I had it all! I had it all and then I lost it. Lost... all gone... like... my mind. My mind is like... cheese. I like cheese.

Comment

I am interested, and I would love to see Naxx. I can bring my palli (healer) or my warrior (DPS/OT).
                          Uglyduck - Spec varies - Currently Prot
                          MMORPG = Many Men Online Role-Playing as Girls

Comment

*slaps Xyris for the double post*

Naxx is definately not MC which is what you're thinking of.

In MC I could, theoretically, take a level 50 through there and /follow someone in the back, /afk, then come back an hour later with loot (provided my minion ran me around during the 'bomb' phase of Geddon).

BWL and above requires better gear and better coordination and knowledge beyond the 'do you have purples' benchmark. Level 60 gear DID NOT all get replaced by level 60 outland gear. In fact, people with Naxx gear were able to wear it most of the way, if not all the way, to 70 without finding replacements. In the end it was the stamina change on +60 gear that forces people to put away old purples in favor of the new gear.

So no. A level 61 would definately not be welcome or able to hit Naxx unless they already have AQ40 gear or better.

If you want some examples then
                            [item]Ring of the Cryptstalker[/item] = [item]Truestrike Ring[/item]
                            [item]Cryptstalker Tunic[/item] > [item]Demon Stalker Harness[/item] = [item]Thick Netherscale Breastplate[/item]
                            The 4th bonus "+60 AP" for the T3 chest piece isn't showing for some reason. There are, btw, some damn sexy set bonuses on the T3 armor.

I'd also love to see the inside of Naxx and get to play around in there before WOTLK comes out. Set me a time and place and I'll be there. I want a [item]Corrupted Ashbringer[/item] so I can rule over the Scarlet Monestary. ^_^
                            My sanity is not in question...
                            It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Double post was during the maintenance today so thats prob what caused that, and as far as calling me a noob? wth LOL im no noob, yes my hunter is 61 almost 62 but what would be the point in running all 70's through a naxx raid aside from everyone seeing it? we dont get anything from it at all aside from repair bills and a headache + a waisted day of 25 man content/ kara raiding. so i guess if my hunter isnt alowed in to a naxx raid count me out, at least some gear would upgrade him a bit since i only work on him at a very slow pace.

as far as "not welcome" thanks tarenth way to make people feel like part of a team...

Quote Of The Month

RAWR!!!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse