Boo to the fear ward nerf

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boo to the fear ward nerf

I'm sure some of you have heard by now, but in patch 2.3 all priest will get Fear Ward at lvl 20...YaY....but.....Fear Ward only last 3 minutes and now has a 3 minute Cooldown....Boo Blizz Boo
    Thunderhorn:
    70 Night Elf Priest-Lunaar(holy)
    70 Human Mage-Alava(Fire)
    70 Night Elf Hunter-Insai(Beast Master)
    70 Dwarf Paladin-Ginoldor(Protection)
    70 Human Warrior-Revenged(Protection)
    70 Draenei Shaman-Tianora(Elemental)
    70 Draenei Shaman-Fayrel(Restoration)
    Gilneas:
    50 Undead Priest-Eikyl(Shadow)

Re: Boo to the fear ward nerf

really? that SUCKS
    what are they doing to bump the racials of dwarves and dranei priests then?

Delirium Platoon Leader
    Fate Squad Leader
    All round fantastic dude

Comment

Giving us a 2 second stun that does holy damage. Yay. -.-

I only hope they realize how stupid this change would be and change their minds.
      Ninja

Comment

Mm, this is a good change. Fear ward is good.

More fear ward = love.

Comment

You evidently didn't see the 3 minute cooldown. That will be *less* fear ward.

Comment

Sounds like a Fear Ward Rotation, unless it leaves a debuff on the target like the shields.

Happychick was telling me about this. Sounds like I have to see it and then I might like it. Right now though, my tanking of fear bosses has a sketchy future. I've tanked Nightbane with Shammy totems, but he only fears like 3 times during the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Flared View Post
              You evidently didn't see the 3 minute cooldown. That will be *less* fear ward.
              But on all priests.

If you don't run with a dwarf or draenei priest, you don't have any fear ward.

Comment

I really wish they would give the current fear ward to all priests. The 3 min duration and cooldown version blows.
                Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
                Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
                ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

Obviously, you dont play horde.

This fear ward "nerf" is just a balance act. Boohoo that Alliance don't have fear immunity cheese anymore.

Fear ward will now be rotated amongst all priests and will at least take a brain to organize and execute effectively.
                  -F-

Comment

Mmmmmm cheese. Seriously, I'm all for the horde getting it. The problem is we're all getting a gimped version now. The cooldown/duration change sucks, plain and simple.
                    Gigan - Shaman (Resto)

Comment

Thank you for your insulting post, Ikonic. As Pistos mentioned, we have no problem with Horde getting fear ward. However, you really aren't going to "get" fear ward, are you? Your going to get a nerfed version of it (along with everyone else).

Congratulations on that.

Comment

It really isn't that big of a nerf.

Anything that "requires" fear ward more than once every 3 minutes also requires more than 3 priests in the raid.

Comment

Ark - I don't think its game breaking or anything. I don't know past Gruul/Mag what fights could use a fearward. Nightbane is the first thing that comes to mind as a fight where many groups wouldn't have three priests and the fears come more often than 3 minutes. But I believe they've changed the mechanics of that fight so Nightbane doesn't leave the tank even if he's feared.

Don't get me wrong - the horde has run everything without this for years and many alliance raiding groups don't always have a fw priest so its not like this is going to make fights impossible. People in this guild have done every fight where fear is a component without a fw at some point - from Mags to Ony to Nightbane. But going from a 30 second cooldown and 10 minute duration to a 3 min cooldown/duration is a pretty big nerf.

Hey, the grass is always greener, I understand that. Personally I'd like every alliance rogue to get WotF. The priest racial abilities have always been a touchy subject. And with this change people are still upset because dwarves and spacegoats are getting the new ability. Meh. Guess it gives people something to bitch at each other about on the WoW forums.

Plus it gives people like iknoic something to get all uppity about here.
                          Gigan - Shaman (Resto)

Comment

Nightbane doesn't even need a fear ward. Nightbane's fear mechanics are strange. I've tanked him without fear ward, without tremor totems and not lost aggro, even when DPS warriors were immune to his fear.

As far as duration goes, what difference does it make whether it's 10 minute or 3 minutes? It's not like that's a noticeable change at all. I mean, all you have to do is pre-pop it slightly sooner before the pull. There aren't *any* encounters that benefit from its 10 minute duration.

As far as encounters with a fear, Solarian's Psychic Scream is ranged-based. Basically it's the closest 5 people. And since her Phase 3 hitbox is roughly the size of Kansas, just stack your rogues under her and your warrior won't even need to zerker rage the damn thing. Archimonde is the only fight where fear ward is a substantial benefit, and even then it's best to designate two healers to put it on, because it's easy enough to dance out of the fear, but the fear duration is so long that you need healers to be able to heal your tank through it.

Comment

You're a cruel man, making all the rogues go to Kansas. Even for rogues, that seems a bit harsh.

(I can talk, I was born there.)

Gnopaine - Level 70 Warlock (Affliction)
                              Scarpia (aka Edbane) - Level 70 Paladin (Holy)
                              Ripoffron - Level 1 Auction House Hustler

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X