Howdy all

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy all

Just wanted to pop in and say hello. I hope your travels in the Outlands have been enjoyable. I've been pretty WoW'd out lately so I'm turning my sights on the new crop of shooters out.

TF2, Quake Wars and now a demo for COD4....I'm in heaven. Hope to see you online.

Bear
    “Waiting to be awakened by some unexpected thunderous roar, never dying...the sleeping giant lives and will sleep no more”. - John Seabrook

Re: Howdy all

Originally posted by TG_Bear View Post
    Just wanted to pop in and say hello. I hope your travels in the Outlands have been enjoyable. I've been pretty WoW'd out lately so I'm turning my sights on the new crop of shooters out.

TF2, Quake Wars and now a demo for COD4....I'm in heaven. Hope to see you online.

Bear
    BEAR!!! Hey bud long time no hear. I was in the beta for QW and it really didnt do much for me but I have been real interested in TF2 and may check that out soon. I am also very interested in COD4 .. That looks INCREDIBLE and I am hoping it lives up to the hype.

Good to hear from you!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ashenhart View Post
      BEAR!!! Hey bud long time no hear. I was in the beta for QW and it really didnt do much for me but I have been real interested in TF2 and may check that out soon. I am also very interested in COD4 .. That looks INCREDIBLE and I am hoping it lives up to the hype.

Good to hear from you!!
      Ash,

I did succumb to the temptation of "The Orange Box". There was just too much goodness to pass up on. TF2 is a blast but I find that it does get a bit repetitive and I'm not sure if it will hold my interest in the wave of QW and COD4. For sheer amusement it is priceless.

The thing I really like about it is rather than spend 4 hours banging my face on my keyboard in Kara or SSC I can jump in, play for an hour then jump out.
      “Waiting to be awakened by some unexpected thunderous roar, never dying...the sleeping giant lives and will sleep no more”. - John Seabrook

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Bear View Post
        Ash,
        The thing I really like about it is rather than spend 4 hours banging my face on my keyboard in Kara or SSC I can jump in, play for an hour then jump out.
        I think that is one of the things I love about a shooter too. I love when I dont have time to play (which is most of the time) I can slide in and play a couple of rounds and log and when I do decide to play again.. I dont feel like I am behind or let anyone down that I didnt grind for a particular item that is helpful to the group.

I still slide in for some rounds of PoE2, 2142, and BF2 (vanilla) from time to time. I will keep my scope out looking for ya :-)

I do however miss the relationships that you build in WoW. In a shooter.. your too busy trying not to get shot to ask your fellow squad mates.. "hows the wife and kids?" So I am back to try and level my warrior.. maybe get Ash in some BG goodness.. and just see if I can fill some spots when folks are needing a extra hand.

Good to see ya back on these boards!

Comment

(whoosh)

What? Was that a bear I saw??:row__628:

Good to hear from you, Bear!
          Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Originally posted by beep View Post
            (whoosh)

What? Was that a bear I saw??:row__628:

Good to hear from you, Bear!
            It kinda looked like a Bear. *sniff* Certainly SMELLS like a Bear. It must be a Bear!! Hi Bear!! :D

Level 80 Warrior
            Level 74 Priest

Comment

Originally posted by Ashenhart View Post

Good to hear from you!!
              Originally posted by ccapoldo View Post
              It kinda looked like a Bear. *sniff* Certainly SMELLS like a Bear. It must be a Bear!! Hi Bear!! :D
              Grrr

Comment

my god bear.... not even a day ago i asked.... by the way, wheres bear? cause i found my 'chair bear stare' macro