Some 2.3 current bugs (From PTR)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some 2.3 current bugs (From PTR)

Oh god... I hope they forget to fix this one ;)

--Hunter arcane shot dispells paladin divine shield.
    --Hunter Arcane shot is dispelling a number of effects that it shouldn't.

Delirium Platoon Leader
    Fate Squad Leader
    All round fantastic dude

Re: Some 2.3 current bugs (From PTR)

They also reduced the minimum range of hunter attacks from 8 yards to 5 yards, but that's intended to remove the deadzone which was a deemed a problem for hunters...

...2 years ago.

They're also considering adding a new shot to our skills called 'disarming shot' which acts like a ranged disarm. Additionally...Aimed shot might get a Mortal Strike -healing component added to it.
    My sanity is not in question...
    It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Disarming shot is a move a mob in ZA does, it's not going to be something hunters get.
      Thunderhorn:
      70 Night Elf Priest-Lunaar(holy)
      70 Human Mage-Alava(Fire)
      70 Night Elf Hunter-Insai(Beast Master)
      70 Dwarf Paladin-Ginoldor(Protection)
      70 Human Warrior-Revenged(Protection)
      70 Draenei Shaman-Tianora(Elemental)
      70 Draenei Shaman-Fayrel(Restoration)
      Gilneas:
      50 Undead Priest-Eikyl(Shadow)

Comment

Originally posted by Alava View Post
        Disarming shot is a move a mob in ZA does, it's not going to be something hunters get.
        Are you confident on that? Because I have also heard we'd be getting a Disarming shot...

Delirium Platoon Leader
        Fate Squad Leader
        All round fantastic dude

Comment

Originally posted by Chadwiko View Post
          Are you confident on that? Because I have also heard we'd be getting a Disarming shot...
          Freaking Greedy Hunters.

Yes, you're aimed shot is now going to have the mortal strike healing debuff.
          Why this is OP: You can ALREADY drain healers Mana with your stupid sting... now, We're effectively losing huge amounts of Mana on painfully diminished heals. Unless the MS effect is magic, and therefore dispellable, this is ridiculous.

Why it's not OP on warriors: Warriors cannot drain all your mana, no matter how hard they try.. Not to mention, Warriors can't shoot Mortal Strike at you from Miles away, making themselves targets for Fear/horror/stun effects.

As a PvP healer, I know that the main reason hunters are a pain is due to the fact that they sic their pet on you, and then shoot you from a distance. (or run around shooting your party members.)

So while i'm doing my best to heal my party member, who's being chewed on by a cat (which not only interrupts casting, but does a fair amount of damage, no matter the spec) Now they're taking huge damage from aimed shots that I CAN'T HEAL. (Even priest/Druid HoTs won't be able to keep up with this, from what i've seen on the PTR.)

This is dirty, and it definately reinforces my standpoint that PvP in WoW is basically a timed match in which the goal is to exploit class imbalances to the max.

It's very rarely a display of skill.

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

I think its bull **** personally--its the yet another reason i dont pvp
            Doomkin...Tree...or Bear. If your not the above, your not cool! *Note* Alts don't count....

Comment

I've said it before, and I'll continue to say it: PvP is the suck, and it tends to ruin PvE.
              Ninja

Comment

leave hunters alone!
                all of you!

;)

Delirium Platoon Leader
                Fate Squad Leader
                All round fantastic dude

Comment

Originally posted by Manny View Post
                  Freaking Greedy Hunters.

Yes, you're aimed shot is now going to have the mortal strike healing debuff.
                  Why this is OP: You can ALREADY drain healers Mana with your stupid sting... now, We're effectively losing huge amounts of Mana on painfully diminished heals. Unless the MS effect is magic, and therefore dispellable, this is ridiculous.

Why it's not OP on warriors: Warriors cannot drain all your mana, no matter how hard they try.. Not to mention, Warriors can't shoot Mortal Strike at you from Miles away, making themselves targets for Fear/horror/stun effects.

As a PvP healer, I know that the main reason hunters are a pain is due to the fact that they sic their pet on you, and then shoot you from a distance. (or run around shooting your party members.)

So while i'm doing my best to heal my party member, who's being chewed on by a cat (which not only interrupts casting, but does a fair amount of damage, no matter the spec) Now they're taking huge damage from aimed shots that I CAN'T HEAL. (Even priest/Druid HoTs won't be able to keep up with this, from what i've seen on the PTR.)

This is dirty, and it definately reinforces my standpoint that PvP in WoW is basically a timed match in which the goal is to exploit class imbalances to the max.

It's very rarely a display of skill.
                  I laughed. ^_^

Comparing an instant cast melee attack that every warrior with an IQ over 2 uses with Interception and hamstring so the target can't get away is somewhat different from a ranged attack with a 3 second cast time and 6 second cooldown that can be avoided with LoS or closing to melee. Saying a sting that drains 1368 mana over 8 seconds with a 15 second cooldown while being dispellable is adaquate balance against a plate charging jugernaught is also laughable.

Warriors may not be able to drain your mana, but they can interrupt casting while in melee that locks out casting from that school for several seconds and they can do it cheaply (10 range) and quickly (10-12 second cooldown). Not to mention having secondary interrupts like Intimidating Shout and Concussion Blow if they have the talents for it. Shiled Bash, Pummel, and intimidating shout are all stock warrior abilities. Scattershot, intimidation, concussion shot stun (20% chance), and silencing shot are all talents and can be ignored with gear/talents since they are not interrupts, but secondary interrupts.

Hunters suffer from the glaring weakness of a lack of escape mechanics and the loss of all abilities against a target when we're in melee. Freezing trap and wing clip are good in theory, but traps have a long cooldown and wing clip can be matched with a melee fighter's own slowing ability such as crippling poison and hamstring. Rogues can also just disengage, restealth/vanish, and come back after a trap while warriors just laugh and intercept after it making the trap a moot point and only a momentary respise.

Common consensus is that in any match that is 2v2 or 3v3 a hunter just serves a 'live bait' while the other player does the grunt work. In 5v5 you have a bit more leeway to work with, but the weakness of hunters in such small cramped environments are still easily exploited.

There is a reason why the top PvP teams are generally Warrior and Paladin.

On a related note if you aren't cleansing viper sting every 15 seconds or just bubbling out of it if you can't be bothered to, then you should rethink how you play a paladin or druid healer in the arenas. Most people call viper sting a 'momentary annoyance' since it drains so little mana and has such a long cooldown.

On an unrelated note: Aimed Shot isn't scaled by AP so eventually it does less damage than multi-shot and even steady shot when enough AP is gained. Granted, an Aimed Shot crit can hit for pretty high numbers, but warlocks can get larger numbers with more consistancy using shadow bolt than I can do using Aimed Shot.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

nerf warlocks.

Brought to you by General Mills... Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
                    BY FIBER BE PURGED!! TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
                    TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS

Comment

nerf pvp
                      Ninja

Comment

Nerf Rogues :)

Comment

nerf footballs

=P
                          sigpic

Comment

nerf STAR
                            Ninja

Comment

Nerf Crossbow with bolts dipped in water and stuck in the freezer!

Good times...good times.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X