Z/A 10-21-07 Was a Blast....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z/A 10-21-07 Was a Blast....

I just wanted to thank everyone who showed up! We had a nice group build for it and we made progress. We got the first boss down and Flared got a nice set of robes bwaha! The fight itself was very fun--Had the spread out duties of curator--and yes the tank swapage of Netherspite to it(not due to a debuff, so noone gets thrown off with that) It worked well, the guy kits almost as hard as Mags at some points--I think I saw a 9 or 10 k a few times in there. Was hella fun to tank. Anywho thanks to the efforts that people put in for that, I'm hoping to get back in there before they kill the PTR for it. Ohh well, there's always live :)
    Doomkin...Tree...or Bear. If your not the above, your not cool! *Note* Alts don't count....

Re: Z/A 10-21-07 Was a Blast....

Personally I found the trash fun up to the bear boss, but the boss itself was somewhat like Attuman with a tank swap. You had 2 tanks tanking and everyone else either healing or doing DPS. Nothing else to worry about except your threat and the occasional charge which hits for 2-3k sporatically and is healed over almost immediately. The boss doesn't even lose aggro when he swaps and instead just gets taunted by the other tank. Something to note is that you probably should get out of the center of the platform so you aren't knocked off the altar and cause a reset, but then I'm not sure if you can get knocked off since I wasn't really seeing a knock back having positioned myself at the edge to the side already.

The Eagle gauntlet was a PITA and something we need to work on. Bringing the 2 warrior spawns up to where the stationary pack is and AoEing all 4 mobs seems to be the fastest way to kill them, but it seems we may need a Paladin tank or faster pickup on the eagles to catch them after those first two mobs. After that we just catch rear, catch front, pull pack, then group them up and AoE them down. I noticed if we are fast enough we could have time to munch those new manna breads for a few seconds to get mana and health back before we get more spawns. The adds are probably on a timer so once we get the timing down we can just power on through.

Hex Sticks are cool, but they work like Karazhan books so you should always use them when you get them so you get a charm and then play hot potato with the charm when you need to run out so they don't vanish on you.

Much hate to blizzard from hunters since there is no ammo vendor outside the instance. That means the nearest place to buy bullets and arrows would be Shattrah. Grrrr

I love the new interface and minimap options, but I think I may need more face time with it before I get comfortable with the new toys.

Random CTDs annoyed me and I was about to just delete the WoWTest folder in disgust at one point.

Loved the TSA change no mana and no duration. *glee*

The Arcane Shot purge ability and the Aimed shot mortal strike didn't seem to make much of an impact for me in ZA. I did use Aimed shot on Manny when I was MCed by a beast tamer for 1300 damage which is both poetic and sad since you do double damage while controled. I suppose you could ask hunters to use Aimed Shot more with healing mobs so they don't get healed as much.

Trash mob wise there is quite a lot of variety. The Bears can enrage which increases their damage and attack speed quite a bit and can be tranq shotted by a hunter. I might need to take apart my macro and just get the SimpleTranq mod again since the chat spam when there is nothing to dispell baffles me.

Bear riders can get enraged as well, but they can't be tranqed because they are humanoid. However once you dismount them you can tranq the bear as normal or just CC it.

Medicine men drop totems that act like an area wide Divine Protection and should be killed/controled ASAP.

Wind talkers are elemental shamans with the constant lightning spam and chain heal and should also be killed ASAP.

The only mobs I disagreed with concerning kill order would be the Handlers and Beast tamers. Handlers channel an electric net at someone for 1k damage every second for 5 seconds which can quickly eat away at health. They can also tranq shot players like the snakes in ZG which causes the person to fall asleep if the poison is not decursed.

Beast tamers are a PITA and MC someone making them do double damage and affects. Some of the crap they pulled include MCing Beep and using Heroism (grr), MCing Zedd and sheeping a healer which broke CC constantly, and MCing me to aimed shot Manny which I found funny.

Fire channelers who have a very mage friendly buff for +300% cast speed and +200% run speed and otherwise just spam cast fireball volley for 2-3k raid wide.

Axe throwers do a random Axe throw similar to the spin of the ZG mobs which throws Axes raidwide at random people for 1k damage with a knockdown. I think I was hit by 4 axes at once for 4k damage one time and was juggled off my feet by them.

The lynx mobs stealth and there were several ambushes, but are otherwise unremarkable.

Scouts summon savages which zerg the raid and chain aggro everything which we learned when Gaia went exploring. Luckily you can usually pull them first and get only one pack and they're very squishy with very little health and easily AoEed down.

Everything else was some variety of warrior either dual wielding, hefting a large axe, or using a sword and board and unremarkable from a DPS point of view.
    My sanity is not in question...
    It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post
      Beast tamers are a PITA and MC someone making them do double damage and affects. Some of the crap they pulled include MCing Beep and using Heroism (grr), MCing Zedd and sheeping a healer which broke CC constantly, and MCing me to aimed shot Manny which I found funny.
      that couldn't have worked out better if you had planned it ;)

Delirium Platoon Leader
      Fate Squad Leader
      All round fantastic dude

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post
        Much hate to blizzard from hunters since there is no ammo vendor outside the instance. That means the nearest place to buy bullets and arrows would be Shattrah. Grrrr
        This might be why they are giving new Repair bots that sell Ammo.
        FOR THE DICKENS!!!

Comment

where is ZA