Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I declare all druid cat forms to be raptors...it is done.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I declare all druid cat forms to be raptors...it is done.

Re: I declare all druid cat forms to be raptors...it is done.

New mod or replaced the file in the folders?
    I know you can turn your flying mount into Onyxia and stuff with certain files.

That is cool though.

"REMEMBER! Pillage first THEN Burn!"

Comment

diving into the .mpq (such as patch.mpq) files and switching around the .blp (skin) and.m2 (model) files

Comment

Didn't Blizz outlaw that at some point? I remember there being a mod that let people reskin their armor, but Blizz took exception to it. (Don't know why, I mean, nobody else can see it but you.)

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

That's odd--if only you can see it--how is it Quarius and himself are both raptors? that is a screen shot correct?
          Doomkin...Tree...or Bear. If your not the above, your not cool! *Note* Alts don't count....

Comment

because they both were using the same skin at the time, druid Cat.

Talara is the only person who could see it.
            Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

dur duh dur
              Doomkin...Tree...or Bear. If your not the above, your not cool! *Note* Alts don't count....

Comment

Originally posted by Manny View Post
                Didn't Blizz outlaw that at some point? I remember there being a mod that let people reskin their armor, but Blizz took exception to it. (Don't know why, I mean, nobody else can see it but you.)
                It was done with the Hunter T2 armor because people didn't like the purple and with the epic staff because...it was a staff that was duct taped together. But that was not the reason why they took exception to it.

Troll around YouTube looking for World of Warcraft music videos of the Numa Numa song and you'll find one that's marked NSFW and mature content. What happened was someone used that technique to make a nude patch for the characters that removed the permanent underware.

Video gets posted with a fully naked human dancing in WoW and the patch gets shipped out ASAP.
                My sanity is not in question...
                It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

It isn't illegal and isn't detectable...since it is only client side and doesn't affect gameplay...

and, yes...it replaces the druid cat skin, so Quarius couldn't see it, but I can...since it's on my client...not his.

Also, this is totally reversible by removing one file, which I created myself.

Comment

Actually, it is illegal according to the EULA (section 4A, the "not allowed to modify the Game" clause). Also, they specifically added a "Consent to Monitor" clause to the EULA (section 5) to give them the ability to legally monitor your RAM while the game is running. That means they could easily and legally detect any changes made to the game either to a file or in memory by running a hash algorithm (like MD5) over it and compare the result against a "known value". They don't necessarily have to do that checking in the client either...they could send the hash algorithm result off to the server to do the actual comparing.

Your also making the assumption that Blizzard is going to bother checking that your game modification is benign. They might not...they might just see a modication to the game and terminate your service (which they can do at any time and for no reason).

However, I am guessing that Blizzard is after specific game modifications like key loggers and not after general game modifications so your probably safe. I wouldn't do it though :-)

Comment

They can easily enforce what they deem inappropriate by just hard coding things in with patches like the aforementioned fix to the nudity modifications.

However I could see how things could be inappropriate since you could in theory change the model for herbs and ore nodes to something really big like a Gronn or blow up the size to make it easier to farm and give yourself an unfair advantage.

They don't have to ban illegal activities of such a minor scale, just make it harder to pull off.
                      My sanity is not in question...
                      It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

i wanted to have all the visualizations of herbs (i cant see the stupid things) as ragnaros, but i decided not to because of what flared said above