• Show
Clear All

• New Ammo from VE in 2.3

Delirium Platoon Leader
    Fate Squad Leader
    All round fantastic dude

Re: New Ammo from VE in 2.3

Eh....well...that sucks.

No really, it does. If Exalted is a 20% discount then it will take 19g 20s to fill a 24 slot quiver. That brings hunter expenses up to roughly 50-60g a night of raiding. Ouch

Oh well, guess the extra DPS will help in some situations.
    My sanity is not in question...
    It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

I spend 200-300g a week on raiding. Tanks eat 30-40g repair bills + pots/food/flasks.

Everyone spends cash, no one is worse off than anyone else.
      Last edited by Sajier; 10-31-2007, 04:57 PM.
      Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

Is there another vendor for VE rep items besides the one at Kara?

Comment

Nope, unless you want to count the vendors inside the instance. Just like you need to go to Honor Hold or the CE outpost for the rep based bullets/arrows from there.

The Timeless ammo from CoT may just be the worst place to buy ammo unless you're doing Mount Hyjal I think.

Also, cost benefit analysis are still important when it comes to the 'worth' of using certain things vs others. Comparing who spends more may be a waste of time, but ultimately we want to work towards a minimalist format where we can easily conquer content while spending the least amount. Buffing ourselves fully is a way to raise ourselves temporarily to a point we are unable to reach due to experience and gear. Once we make up that experience and gear with...well...actual experience and gear...then the level we need to make up with buffs is lower.

In example: Illidan started Karazhan fully buffed as it was progressing through the instance. As time passed less buffs were needed as we gained experience and gear from our success. Now we can do more with less like how we ran Karazhan with alts and still made decent progress.

That still doesn't stop me from complaining that hunters are the only class that have to spend money while PvPing in BGs and Arenas though for our primary function (shooting stuff). Other classes may have expentures with buff reagents, but those are easy options for what can be done without.
          Last edited by Tarenth; 10-31-2007, 03:44 PM.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

No, you were complaining about raiding, not PVP, and you get no sympathy from me there.

PVP: Yup, you get screwed.
            Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

I believe there will be new high level crafted arrows and Bullets for us engineers. (we make a box that makes arrows etc..).

yes just found it. Box makes 5 Charges of 200 Bullets or arrows that are 43dps. the mats are very cheap.. most expensive being the fire motes. Nice thing is the boxes are usable by anyone. so you could have a full quiver/bag and have a bunch of the boxes in your inventory to replenish on the fly.. for those long raids.
              Last edited by Delg; 10-31-2007, 06:59 PM. Reason: found the bullets
              FOR THE DICKENS!!!

Comment

yeah something else to sell
                "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

*glee*

[item]Adamantite Arrow Maker[/item] = 1000 [item]Adamantite Stinger[/item]

Mats per box are 1 [item]Adamantite Bar[/item], 2 [item]Handful of Fel Iron Bolts[/item], and 4 [item]Simple Wood[/item].

3.5 Difference in DPS from the VE ammo, but so much cheaper than even the blackflight arrows if you can get the mats easily.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X