X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting started

Hi Folks!

New to WoW, not to TG.

My wife and I have started playing WoW together..it seems one of the few games we can play co-op together without blowing each other's heads off :D

I realize that WoW at TG is geared towards endgame material, but I figured I would drop by and say howdy anyways. We both rolled toons on Thunderhorn (great server btw...briefly tried a few others and was not impressed) and are fumbling through the lower levels.

I am hoping that I can bother you guys with questions along the way, and I'll start with one or two now:

I didn't bother buying TBC as I figured we really didn't need it until level 60. Am I right, or will I be missing something spectacular?

Is it possible to join the guild as a low level character? I guess it would be mostly for guidance and what not, but we do hope to level up and contribute at some point.

Anyhoo, thanks in advance & cheers!

JAMerica a.k.a jamerius on Thunderhorn

Re: Getting started

hey there. Don't hesitate to ask any of us questions!!

Yes, there is quite a bit of endgame focus, many of us also have lower level characters that we are working on as well. Okay, some of us have several low levels :)

We'd love to have both of you join us.

Level 80 Warrior
    Level 74 Priest

Comment

A couple things:

1. Welcome, first and foremost. I've seen you around here at TG with some of the FPS games.

2. There are 8 races (4 on each faction) and 8 classes available to each side in the vanilla, but nine classes overall. Paladins are Alliance and Shamans are horde. TBC allowed 2 more races (1 on each side for a total of 5 each side. With those 2 new races, they allowed Paladins to be on Alliance with the Blood Elves, and Draenai can become Shamans. This is really the only thing that might influence if you need TBC now or not. Otherwise, the new races have starting areas that you can't get to without TBC...

3. And yes, you can join the guild at lower level. Post your application in the Application thread above this one under the Stickied Threads.

Comment

Orion, alliance has always allowed pallies... (reread what you said! :) )

Hit me up in game and I'll send you a guild invite, Jamerica!

Comment

Talara is smokin something.
          Ninja

Comment

Welcome to WoW

:)
            70 Priest

Comment

Yes welcome to WOW! You'll soon be WOW crackheads like the rest of us :)
              Maxarilius70Human Retribution Paladin
              Subterfuge 70 Night Elf Combat Rogue
              Jandahar 70 Dwarf Holy Priest
              Meatnormous 70 Draenei Enhancement Shaman

Comment

Welcome to the fun, I don't know you as I have recently became a new member to TG myself. If you need any help ask anyone other than Talara(Orion) because he seems to have been stoned or something when he wrote that up....
                Doomkin...Tree...or Bear. If your not the above, your not cool! *Note* Alts don't count....

Comment

Welcome!!

We'd be delighted to have you in the guild! Though we are "mature" (average level of members), many of us have lower level alts (sometimes many of them) and always prefer to do group things with guildies.

I look forward to getting to know you better!
                  Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Originally posted by orion808 View Post
                    3. And yes, you can join the guild at lower level. Post your application in the Application thread above this one under the Stickied Threads.
                    Ok great! Thanks for the info. I'll do that and get my significant other set up on the forums too.

Originally posted by luna View Post
                    Hit me up in game and I'll send you a guild invite, Jamerica!
                    As soon as I figure out how to do that I will :D

Originally posted by Everyone else
                    Welcome!
                    Thanks for the warm welcome.

Comment

to contact us:

type out "/who tactical gamer"
                      that will give a list of people currently on...right click us or use the whisper function...ask for an officer.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X