Da Guild Bank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Da Guild Bank

Throwing some ideas around in my head and thought I should, finally, get it down where I can read it.

1) First off sell the AQ stuff or at least try to sell it. Unfortunately we can't nuke it for rep and I have doubts we'll ever be going back to AQ. Some of it sells pretty well, others not so much.

2) Formulate a list of Alchemist and Enchanters without rep with the Zandalar tribe and start handing out the ZG items to them to nuke for rep.

Enchanters: [item]Brilliant Mana Oil[/item] and [item]Brilliant Wizard Oil[/item]
    Alchemists: [item]Greater Dreamless Sleep Potion[/item], [item]Major Troll's Blood Potion[/item], [item]Mageblood Potion[/item], [item]Living Action Potion[/item]

Every other crafter doesn't really need it because of how outdated the gear it, but those pots and oils are still very effective in outland since at times (especialy the mageblood) the newer pot is rare and hard to find the recipe for.

3) Give secondaries deposit access. Its my usual gripe about why we even differentiate the two because to have a secondary you obviously have a primary and its just busy work for us to send the item from an alt to our main and then make a deposit. If you want to keep track of withdrawls then limit THAT to the primaries, but since there are no benefits for frequent contributions limiting deposits is pointless.

Also, for the love of all you hold dear please don't dump junk in there. Pretty much any green below level 60 (including resist items) is useless. Grey items should be sold for cash...unless they are particularly amusing or sent just to tweak someone's nose like a [item]Tear Stained Handkerchief[/item], but a joke is only a good joke if its done infrequently. Items that are useless unprepared should have a higher turn over as an officer brokers it out to a cook to finish before putting back in the bank. Its puzzling to have small stacks of raw meat take up bank space when we have plenty of the cooked food around.

4) Have a free withdrawl/deposit tab so things can be put into a common pot and taken out again. I know Crebis said the same thing yesterday once we have some extra room, but I said it as well so I might as well repeat it. I also think it should be micro managed so that everyone gets a fair share. Perhaps a tab for deposits and a tab for withdrawls. Common items can be taken out 'as is' in either full stacks or whatever we have in the bank, but uncommon and high demand items should be limited slightly so they're shared with others.

Example: We have craploads of [item]Roasted Clefthoof[/item] and +20 stamina food. Those can be taken out in full stacks and used by people since we have such a high income of them and in the case of the clefthoof relatively low demand. Other foods like [item]Blackened Sporefish[/item], +spell damage, +spell crit, +healing, +agility, +ap, etc is of more use to the guild and has a high demand with a lower income so it could probably be split into partial stacks of 5 or 10 so more people can get a hold of it.

Raiders should probably have the option of using those [item]Mark of the Illidari[/item] but only a limited number on a 'first come first served' basis one at a time. They're used to buy [item]Shattrath Flask of Fortification[/item], [item]Shattrath Flask of Mighty Restoration[/item], [item]Shattrath Flask of Relentless Assault[/item], and [item]Shattrath Flask of Supreme Power[/item]. Nonraiders have no use for it since those flasks are only good in SSC and The Eye and the 'FCFS' basis wouldn't cause too much problem with only a limited supply going out per week since you have to be exalted in Aldor/Scryer, Sha'tar, and Cenarion Expedition before you can use them. I don't know, maybe 3 per week released an hour or two before a platoon run that the raid leader is expecting to hit those instances and new content to account for wipes or whatever Gaviin and Sajier figure out.

That's what I've got on my mind so far. I'll let it bounce around in my empty skull a bit more to see what I come up with.
    My sanity is not in question...
    It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Re: Da Guild Bank

FYI, Luna and Ricca have agreed to be the "bank committee" and will develop our policy and procedures for the guild bank.

Expect to hear more from them as they sort through the various ideas and inventory.
    Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Can I come in a just roll around in the gold for a while? Luna and Ricca can frisk me on the way out to make sure I left it all there. I just want to feel rich.
      "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post
        I also think it should be micro managed so that everyone gets a fair share.
        This is the only comment you made that I didn't agree with. I have a life outside of the game and "micro-managing" a fictitious bank does nothing for me in the long run. This said, I do think it needs monitored, but that is what the log is for. I'd expect all players that go into the bank to also check the logs and report any patterns that you might see. If someone always withdraws and never puts anything in, speak to an officer. You know what I mean. This bank is the perfect opportunity to get something you need, while giving away something that someone else might need.

I like the idea of the AQ rep items going to the alchemists/enchanters. I don't know where I learned them, but I already have the Oil recipes as an enchanter...is ZG/AQ the only way to get those?

I also mirror your opinion of food. We need to get them circulated. Food will need to go in the "Free-for-all" tab. Putting it in there in smaller sized stacks is an interesting compromise. I like it.

I think Beep can fix the secondary not having deposit rights...

As for the Marks of Illidari, I'll defer to the bank committee on that one. Maybe something like a drawing or something. I know those things don't grow on trees.

Comment

Marks of the Illidari are gathered by the 25 man group and should be reserved as such. Gaviin and I are still handling the Resurgent tab of the bank.
          Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

The thing is they can't be used by anyone other than those in the 25 man group because of the fact the pots can only be used in SSC, The Eye, and The Black Temple. If someone outside the 25 man group does take some you'll know through the logs, but I guess that doesn't remedy the problem. Well, whatever you two come up with.

The only micromanaging I could see the bank ever needing would be to throw excess raw material to guild crafters for immediate turn over instead of leaving it raw. Example: Buring Arcane dust into the superior oils or the LBS into brilliant oils.

People may feel bad about taking from the materials, but not so bad about taking a ready made item for use.

AQ items can't be nuked for rep. Wish they could, but they can't. Only the bijous and coins with Zandalar and the coins are turned in sets of 3.

Also comes to mind that enchanters can get Thorium Brotherhood rep to revered with the firey and lava cores, but those enchants are clearly outclassed by the new stuff and the cores are better off sold anyways. I would suggest maybe trying to turn the core leather into core felcloth bags and selling them that way if the leather doesn't sell on its own. Its probably the only MC recipe worth anything since its equal to the ebon shadowbag.
            My sanity is not in question...
            It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X