X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay! Hunters

got this from

http://www.wowinsider.com/2007/11/21...unter-changes/

The following changes are planned for Hunters in the next patch, 2.3.2, which we hope will go up on the PTR quite soon:

* Aspect of the Viper effect increased.

* It will once again be possible for two freezing traps to be in place at the same time.

* Pet levelling speed has been substantially increased.
    "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

Re: Yay! Hunters

AotV is going from 50% to 55% intel into mana/5 at 10% or less mana with diminishing returns as you have more mana. Kinda difficult to get happy over that.

Undoing the nerf to Freezing trap from last patch. Yay

Pet leveling speed increased w00t!!

Now they just need to fix our mana efficency.
    My sanity is not in question...
    It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

... and bring back the dead zone
      "Uhhhh.... Try this HOT and let me know how it goes."

Comment

Originally posted by Gaze View Post
        Give spell casters a minimum range of 10 yards and then we'll talk.

To be honest, if you're carping about the 2 yard dead zone then you have no idea just what exactly you're talking about. GG Bandwagon.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Maybe hunters should get a long range healing effect debuff shot.

Or a long range short cooldown dispel...

Nah, that would be overpowered. =)

When my gimp hunter mows through BGs, it's a broken class. Though, the recent buffs are somewhat of a nerf, since i now get focused like... I don't even know what.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaze View Post
            /agreed

Gaze - keep killing those hunter pets in BGs!
            Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
            Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
            ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

Tarenth--your complaining that we are complaining about the dead zone? You guys have soo many ways to get BACK out of that dead zone its unreal--wing clip--scatter shot--Freezing trap--ice trap--depending on your target and how stupid your opponent is, scare beast--BM Pet taunt ability can get ya out sometimes too--the dead zone needs re-instated. As far as spellcasting gets it--read the book and use common sense based on this games lore--a spell takes but a second to cast, and they mentally pick their targets--a gun takes time to aim and shoot, and im smacking you in the face with a paw--i doubt your gonna keep a steady aim. A spellcaster may simply use a different spell to rid themselves of you being so close...

So I think we all have a great idea of what we are talking about with the hunter problems now...but hey don't listen to us--listen to everyone else who ISN'T a hunter tell you the same thing :)
              Doomkin...Tree...or Bear. If your not the above, your not cool! *Note* Alts don't count....

Comment

My problem with hunters is that Blizzard has made it so that even the suckiest huntard is good right now with just spamming arcane shot. I swear the new shot rotation in the BG's is arcane shot-auto shot- multi shot (repeat).

And I know every BM hunter will have a fit when they get around to normalizing Beastial Wrath for the arena to bring it on par with the rest of the CC.
                Happychick 70 Holy Priest
                Asminn 70 Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Arkamis View Post
                  Maybe hunters should get a long range healing effect debuff shot.

Or a long range short cooldown dispel...

Nah, that would be overpowered. =)

When my gimp hunter mows through BGs, it's a broken class. Though, the recent buffs are somewhat of a nerf, since i now get focused like... I don't even know what.
                  What? Intercept(charge)/Mortal Strike?

Purge? Dispell?

The recent buffs were for ARENA hunters who suffer from close quarters combat and LoS issues with opponents.

In BGs hunters will always be up there with warlocks because there are lines, there are grunts, and there we are in the back laying death from afar.

Originally posted by Gaiaghost07
                  Tarenth--your complaining that we are complaining about the dead zone? You guys have soo many ways to get BACK out of that dead zone its unreal--wing clip--scatter shot--Freezing trap--ice trap--depending on your target and how stupid your opponent is, scare beast--BM Pet taunt ability can get ya out sometimes too--the dead zone needs re-instated. As far as spellcasting gets it--read the book and use common sense based on this games lore--a spell takes but a second to cast, and they mentally pick their targets--a gun takes time to aim and shoot, and im smacking you in the face with a paw--i doubt your gonna keep a steady aim. A spellcaster may simply use a different spell to rid themselves of you being so close...
                  See...THIS is what I'm talking about. People who think the dead zone needs to be reinstated have no idea what the deadzone really is and just hop on the bandwagon. The deadzone was when you stood 6-7 yards away from the hunter. That's it. 0-5 is melee range and 8-35(42) is ranged. 6-7 is where you simply cannot act if you are CCed in place. This includes mages using Frost nova and Druids using entagle ONLY. If you aren't a balance druid or mage then you've never seen or used the dead zone before. However, the dead zone is crippling in close quarter arena matches and a good deal of instances. Tanks in instances have an annoying habit of tanking things in stairways and narrow hallways resulting in the hunter having to go to mount doom and back to get range. In arenas everyone and anyone with more than a 5 IQ uses the pillars and obstructions to LoS hunters. If hunters want to get LOS again they have to go the long way around because following close around the obstruction puts us out of ranged combat (and at times in the dead zone).

The closing between ranged and melee to 1-5 melee and 6-35 (42) ranged means hunters can stand closer to the action and have to manuver less to get into our DPS zone. If you have a problem with 2 yards then you need to learn2play.

As for arcane shot? Mass dispell, stock dispell, and purge are spamable and a lot more effective for debuffing. Mages can also spellsteal and yoink your buff. Hunter dispell adds a nice counter to healers who use HoTs and LoS hunters to heal to full which was a problem, again, in arenas.

Aimed shot will never be more powerful than Mortal strike. Seriously. If you think Aimed shot is overpowered then Warriors need to be beaten to death with the nerf stick. Instant cast melee attack that can hit for 5k with heroic strike queued against mail and a crit which is spamable every 6 seconds (if you can't get 30 rage in 6 seconds with an arms/fury spec as you take damage you're having problems in PvP). Follow that up with hamstring and you'll have a warrior stuck to you until you die. Aimed shot that crits for 2-3k on a good day against cloth with a 3 second cast, 6 second cooldown and can be LoS avoided with arena combat is hardly even close. We'll just ignore rogues who can shiv wound poison on you for something similar as well.
                  Last edited by Tarenth; 12-21-2007, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post
                    If you aren't a balance druid or mage then you've never seen or used the dead zone before.
                    Nope never seen it before at all--I don't have 2 hunters, one being a 65, and the other a 70...

Nope and I also don't have a 58 balance druid(let alone being specc'd balance many time in the past, its just not my cup 'o tea for a main)---nope hmm mm...

I know what the dead zone is lol
                    Doomkin...Tree...or Bear. If your not the above, your not cool! *Note* Alts don't count....

Comment

Every class has a counter. No class should be able to easily beat every other class. Warriors vs. hunters suck. I hate warriors on my hunter.

However, in a group situation, having a hunter severely tips the scales in your favor. I've seen a thousand WSG scenarios where having a hunter there was the make or break factor in a cap or cap stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post
                        Instant cast melee attack that can hit for 5k with heroic strike queued against mail and a crit which is spamable every 6 seconds
                        I don't think you can use the term spam with something that has a 6 second cooldown, especially bringing in to effect the GCD. But dont forget they need to be in your face.. if you are at max range they can't charge you .. infact you can probably get off one or two special shots plus a few auto-shots before they get into range to charge/intercept as they need to be within minimum 25 yards. checks and balances are everywhere. but i have to say as a mage.. i loved the dead zone.. it was pretty much the only way to take down a hunter. now that is gone.. now you have to hope you can blow through thier HP before they shoot you twice and kill you. POM Pyro FTW.
                        FOR THE DICKENS!!!

Comment

My only issue it seems after playing Crebis (66) in the BGs is that we are almost forced to used Arcane shot in our rotation. It's not the fact that it removes a debuff, it's the fact that it can be used so often and has to. I say "has to" because I can't use steady shot due to needing to move or taking damage from a 3rd party, thus making Steady shot take longer to cast. So instead, I'm forced to run around, hit Arcane/Multi and let an Auto shot follow. If the debuff portion of Arcane was placed on a new spell, instead of an old favorite, I think it would flow nicely and not be so OP that all claim. Make the hunter have to choose to insta-cast Arcance or time-cast a Buff-removing spell.

Comment

That was always the case Crebis, but in Battlegrounds you can also pick a nice spot behind the wall of rogues and warriors and just snipe people. Then you can use aimed shot and steady shot to your hearts content until a warlock decides to dot you to death from afar as well.

In Arenas with close quarters and the LoS problem it was crucial for hunters to have an instant cast ability that would actually do something in combat. If people are playing ring around the rosie with the pillars for LoS defense you can't sit still and depend on autoshot or even multishot with its 0.5 second cast time. The second they see you, they run for cover and you're lucky if you can get off arcane shot. But that's all gripes from the upper tiers of arenas on forums. If you are still below 1800 you won't see much intelligence in arena matches which is why people in the upper levels laugh at BM hunters and their squishy pets and everyone below cries "overpowered" because they don't want to deal with the furry dot doing 70% of the hunter's damage. Obviously if you ignore a crucial aspect of a class and get killed by it then it's their fault and not yours, right?

I've thought about that Delg. Its a very interesting fact that a hunter can kill a warrior 1v1 100% of the time after the warrior has waded through 3 of the hunter's teammates and is at 40% health. My aimed shot crits against warriors for 800 damage. AIMED SHOT. CRIT. If my hourglass procs and I weave up hunter's mark for more RAP then I 'might' get a 1400 aimed shot crit. This is the shot waved around as the highest single target burst damage for hunters. Now my arcane shot (because it ignores armor) hits for 700 and can crit for 1300, but that's arcane shot from a RAP geared MM hunter and basically our only anti-armor shot without counting volley. Now in battlegrounds I can freely run around and laugh at warriors while whittling their massive health in plate armor with the tactic 'scream and run away'. In arenas its a different kettle of fish. Arenas are relatively close quarters and there it no where to run. Hunters also have poor escape mechanics from melee because ice trap is easily broken and cannot be spammed (with the shot duration in arenas to boot), frost trap and wingclip are beaten hands down by hamstring which lasts longer, intercept and charge can be used to close distance quickly if you do get away, and you can always approach out of LoS by going from pilar to pilar.

Again. Hunters were always a good class in world PvP and battlegrounds due to the fact that there are precieved lines of combat and a lot of room. Hunters, however, have been crippled in arenas with LoS defenses and enforced close quarters combat. Its hard to kite someone when the arena itself is 50 yards across max. The buffs were given to hunters to give them some chance in arenas.

Comment

Yeah nerf LoS all hunter shots should be able turn 90 degrees around corners...lol

I don't even use Ice trap anymore in PVP better to use Frost and run back and forth through it if I have melee on me I wing clip if i can and play run around the white stuff. Now I still die a lot but Frost seems way more effective for the team if well placed. I have doen no areana though this is just regular BG. Good for slowing down the teh enemies charge. if you have several hunters and they spread out the traps well you can blanket the entire battlefield around your flag or spread out along a path way so as soon as they leave one field of white they enter another.

Do many Hunters even use Aimed shot that much anymore. My most man efficient rotation BM is auto steady auto steady auto steady auto steady. If I'm not worried about mana then I will throw in some arcane multi and serpent stings in place of every other steady. I am trying to get out of the habit of leading with aimed shot which was the old me. I don't have anything to track my DPS really but things seem to die faster without aimed shot.
                              "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X