• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Shiro, other hunters

/cast !Auto shot
    /cast [target=pettarget, exists] Kill command
    /cast Steady shot
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

Make a macro of that and watch your DPS go up by 200.

Alpha hunters are currently testing it and noticing increases of at least 200 DPS, unbuffed, right now.

Re: For Shiro, other hunters

Wow, that would increase Shiro's DPS by 400%!!
    Ninja

Comment

But that macro has been around for a while. It was first brought up in elitistjerks.

Why would it change now? They need to lrn2shotrotation.
      "Remember that all things are only opinions and that it is in your power to think as you please."

Comment

Except it hasn't.

The recent patch changed the behavior of autoshot. It now works similar to a melee auto-attack, in that events that take place during the .5 second hidden cast time no longer clip the autoshot.

Trust me, bind that macro, exactly as it appears, to a key, and spam the s*** out of it. Your damage will be through the roof.

Comment

Have it and I'll give it a try on the next raid. Thanks Ark.
          "Remember that all things are only opinions and that it is in your power to think as you please."

Comment

I understand what the last 3 lines do (still have to turn off verbal error reports though), but what exactly does the first line do?

/cast !auto shot
            My sanity is not in question...
            It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Aw, you guys missed the fun. They hotfixed this out.

Basically, what this was doing was making it so your Auto Shots weren't clippable.

It was like... machine-gun hunter style. It was AWESOME.

Comment

Originally posted by Arkamis View Post
                Aw, you guys missed the fun. They hotfixed this out.
                So this macro no longer works? Are any of you using any good shot rotation macros that do work?

Comment

I never used the /cast !autoshot part of the macro so I don't know.

It is handy to automatically cast kill comand when you get a crit, but there is a bit of a lag between when you crit and when the command in the macro goes active. Its also not as good as having an actually kill command macro on your hotbar for when you can't/don't want to use the skill(s) linked that way.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

It may not work as Ark originally intended for us to see but I tried it out and still think spamming seems to bring down mobs faster for me when soloing.
                    "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

It's still a decent macro as it incorporates Kill Command into your rotation easily.

BTW, is there a similar macro that can incorporate multi-shot/arcane shot into it?

Delirium Platoon Leader
                      Fate Squad Leader
                      All round fantastic dude

Comment

You can do a cast sequence macro for certain. Something like

/castsequence [reset=3] !Auto Shot, Steady Shot, Multi Shot

should work. Not certain though, I haven't really looked into MM or SV optimal rotations.

Comment

Yeah, the original macro actually glitched auto shot...causing it to "double" fire. Usually they would hit within .3 seconds of each other when tested on Dr. Doom.

the exclamation point before a spell name is a way of re-telling auto shot to fire. It keeps auto shot from toggling off.

These macros are intended to be spammed though. Many have attached them to a keyboard that spams the key when you hold it down...it fires off like 15 clicks a min or something.

I'd rather get Quartz and adjust for lag and use my own shot rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by Arkamis View Post
                            You can do a cast sequence macro for certain. Something like

/castsequence [reset=3] !Auto Shot, Steady Shot, Multi Shot

should work. Not certain though, I haven't really looked into MM or SV optimal rotations.
                            I was under the impression that BM hunters shouldn't use any specials (Arcane/Multi) in their rotations due to fast attack speeds and being able to get a perfect 1:1 with Auto:Steady.

I know MM/SV go for a 1:1.5 with a 2.8+ weapon speed. I've seen an easier time firing off this rotation after going to a 2.8 from a 2.6. My rotation is:

Auto-Steady-Arcane-/-Auto-Steady-Multi-/-Auto-Steady-Arcane-/-Auto-Steady-Steady-/-Repeat

Notice the last group doesn't have a special. Nothing is on cooldown at that point. (With my new Season 1 set bonus, Multi's CD is lessened. I might be able to sneak it in.

Also, when I go low mana, I use Viper, flip to a faster bow speed, use a BM rotation of 1:1, and can shoot almost forever when at lower mana levels (no potions).

Comment

That is correct. BM hunters should stick with SS/AS because of their faster attack speeded. In their case its putting out more ammo in the air than better ammo.

MM hunters 'should' use Arcane and Multishot, but mana restrictions make that prohibitive unless you're running viper and that causes you to lose a great deal of RAP from not using AoTH.

I've let my DPS slide a bit in order to play with mana efficency and I'm now using a SS/AS rotation as well with MS thrown in if their are multiple targets because the cost isn't offset by benefits on single targets. Of course that's further limited by the fact in instances where you should want to use can't from time to time due to sensitive targets such as sheeps.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X