In-game calendar addon?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In-game calendar addon?

Has anyone used in-game calendar addons such as GroupCalendar? I am looking for a way to schedule arena matches within a team. Is GroupCalendar a good option? Are there other options?

Re: In-game calendar addon?

I've used GroupCalendar for a bit on another character. It's not to hard to use, but the one thing that I did notice is that it produces a lot of lag when trying to sync up all the info.

Tarma: 80 Enhancement Shaman | Koliana: 70 Balance Druid
    Salelen: 70 Discipline Priest | Jadrek: 70 Arcane Mage
    Kerowhyn: 67 Retribution Paladin | Talenoth: 69 Unholy Death Knight
    Caldac: 60 Beast Master Hunter | Kamina: 58 Protection Warrior
    Celendra: 45 Combat Rogue

I had it all! I had it all and then I lost it. Lost... all gone... like... my mind. My mind is like... cheese. I like cheese.

Comment

Does ACE have such an addon? ACE has the virtue of a large shared library, so less memory footprint and hence faster loading when zoning.
      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I was hoping for an Ace addon as well... I did a quick find using "calendar" and "schedule" through all the addons listed in wowace.com and did not find anything related to calendar tools.

Comment

There's a titan calendar add-on that gives you the dates and days to every in game event Blizzard has scheduled (not including instance resets).

I like Group Calendar as well but the problem is more or less getting other people to use it as well. Stand alone without any sync you can use it as a personal planner and there is no resources devoted to sync if you have no one to sync to. If you do sync it there will be that noticable hang up as it gathers the information, but that happens only once if a substantial amount of information is being transfered.

If you keep periodically updating it instead of dumping a month's worth of information all at once then the size up the sync updates gets pared down and the time delay is reduced significantly.
          My sanity is not in question...
          It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

I used it for a while and saw serious issues with it as far as lag generation and spamming of crap to channels. I haven't used it in a while, but during a raid, lag can cost the group, so anything I can do to minimize that, I will.

I am very hesitant to use this mod again.
            Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

I am not sold on the idea of using an in-game calendar addon at this point.

Sajier, any chance we could schedule arena teams on a guild-wide calendar? I am not thinking of the raid calendar because it might not be good to clutter it with these events, especially when they are not raid-related.

If there are enough arena teams interested, maybe we can have another web-based calendar for it.

Comment

I have no desire to have the addon in my game. It didn't just cause problems when I was in a raid, anytime it synced it caused lag and hitches in the game for me. I am not going to risk that in raids or groups personally.

As far as arenas on the guild raiding calender, I think that it will make things more crowded than they already are, but I will let the other officers put in their thoughts. If you want another one, then that is a request that has to be made to Apo, not the officers. He would need to give us webspace to do it, and set up the calender.
                Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

I like the idea of a seperate pvp-calendar, similar to the raid calendar. Would make co-ordination a lot easier

Delirium Platoon Leader
                  Fate Squad Leader
                  All round fantastic dude

Comment

Is it really that hard to get 5 people (out of 10) to agree that they can raid on X day?

I can pvp on X, Y, and Z
                    I can pvp on Y
                    I can PvP on Y and Z

ok...we pvp on Y.

Putting up an arena match time and then waiting to see who can make it is reverse thinking imo...

Comment

That is what we were doing before. It was not hard. However, we have lost a few members and others have lost interest in arena.

Based on that, I think we need to reassess who is still interested in arena matches and see if we have enough on a certain day to line it up.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X