Sajier transferred

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sajier transferred

As some have noticed, Sajier, Sajaman, and Blastcap are no longer on the server. I wanted to stop by and explain the what, why, and how for people as I know there have been some questions.

Early last week I was contacted by one of the top guilds in the country asking if I would be interested in transferring servers and joining them. As of last night, I transferred my characters off of Thunderhorn to Ysera to join Alpha.

First off, this was not an easy decision. I debated pros and cons over and over again. TG has great people, friends of mine, and a fun atmosphere. TG was a home. Those were not things I chose to give up lightly. In the end, I decided that this opportunity allowed me to move forward in a way that better suited my play style and in the end it came down to several factors: stress reduction, fun factor, and similar focus.

First was the stress that leading had put on me. As many know I took my job as raid leader very seriously and put a great deal of effort into making sure I knew everything I could about everything we needed to do, including spending large amounts of time studying other classes/specs to try to help improve other people. Along with this came the expectation by some that I was going to arrange things all the time for them, and that expectation weighed on me. Yes, this is a matter of how I handled it, but I take my responsibilities very seriously and as such, I gave everything I had to it. Eventually this took its toll on me, and I started wearing thin on patience and energy when people expected things but weren’t willing to commit to others. When Kel and I got to talking about this, she said to me “Well, at least you won’t be so stressed over the game anymore”, and that was a major sticking point in my mind for the rest of the time I debated this. Moving to Alpha will give me a chance to just be a regular joe who can focus only on my job and being the best I can without the responsibility or weight that raid leading brings.

This game is what I do to relax after work and have fun. I have been extremely happy to see TG progressing in raiding, but with that progression, my fire has been lit to keeping moving forward as quickly as possible. Frustrations with the inability to add additional raid days and Transferring will provide me with the new and interesting content that I am looking for, while also allowing me to raid at the pace that meets the timeframes I am willing to commit to.

Finally, there was a matter of focus. TG has tremendous people, and I have been privileged to lead them for the last year, but this provides me with a chance to play with people who share a similar focus on progression, theorycrafting, and preparation. I spend a great deal of time studying this game, and playing with people who share a similar focus will be fun.

I know that my decision is going to make some people very angry, hurt, or disappointed. I am sorry if I have hurt you. In the end, I had to make a decision that was best for me, and as tough as it was, I do feel this is the right decision.

Sajier is going as my raider, and Sajaman and Blastcap are going because they each provide a farming source that Sajier doesn’t. Kelilyse is staying, and I hope will be allowed to remain in TG. I am not leaving the TG community, as I love playing games with TG and what TG stands for, and that doesn’t change.

Thank you guys for allowing me to be a part of the guild for time I have been. A part of me will always be here.

Thank you.
    Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Re: Sajier transferred

Sajier,

Congratulations and happy hunting on the new server. The enjoyment we shared playing this game still glows strong. Thank you, with deepest respect, for you leadership, challanges and our crazy runs in Dire Maul.

Dewidkat

Comment

Saj,

Thank you for all your dedication and sacrifice. I had a great time raiding with you. While I do agree that it is best for you, I am still a bit sad. I hope you drop by occasionally via the forums or comms.

Good luck in the new server and have fun in Alpha.

- Elm..

Comment

I leave all the happy feeling posts for others. I hope the forum moderators will leave this up.

I'm pissed. All those things that stressed you out are things you asked for. And the fact that you set yourself up as the guild JC and the platoon tailor and now walk away with all those recipes hangs the rest of us out to dry. Especially when we're actually making progress. This isn't some random raider leaving. You had put yourself into these important roles.

We'll figure it out and move on without you. Maybe the majority of the people at TG will be happy to chat with your alts and listen to all the cool and exciting things you've gotten to do, but I won't be one of them.

I'd also like to say with the upcoming patch and the lack of attunement requirements that I hope Ark finds some other guild to recruit from and leaves us alone.

Enjoy the epics. I'll take the friendship and frustration that comes with doing something for ourselves.
        Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
        Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
        ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

Pistos has said what I would say. I live in a glass house, so I won't say anything else, except the underhanded comments that were made about me leaving when I did for the same reasons as you have been retroactively fueled by hypocrisy
          Good luck in Alpha. I hope that your victories there don't feel as hollow as my victories did while i was in Reverent.

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

Honestly, feel free to pay back the guild bank for all the patterns that are so graciously paid for to help the guild progress. As I remembered one specific toon was leveled specifically to become the GUILD jewelcrafter. Personally i think that move was crap and is a true description of character with a heavy emphasis on SELFISH!! I understand that I hold an Officer position but I also have a lot of heart for this guild and to see something like this happen, hence the post.

I won't say good luck, sorry!
            Last edited by Hion; 02-25-2008, 11:06 PM. Reason: spelling
            WoW
            Anastacea - 70 Priest
            Hion - 70 Rogue (PVP)
            Caeden - 70 Mage (PVP)

AoC
            Nast - 75 Priest of Mitra
            Hion - 6 Assassin

"10 Mana Pots - 100g, Flask of Mighty Restoration - 25g, repair bill - 23g...coming to a raid with the Dickens in mind...PRICELESS!!!"

"Feel my radiance, you start to glow...you see my smites, let my holy damage go!!!"

Comment

Believe me, I understand why some are upset, but please respect Sajier's decision. Yes, he may have brought a lot of his stress on himself, and taking an extended break (like at the holidays) won't always relieve it when you really want to keep playing. As far as the patterns and recipes go - they will drop again.

Sajier - good luck. May you find what you are looking for.

Level 80 Warrior
              Level 74 Priest

Comment

I, too, am somewhat annoyed by this departure, but I can see where he's coming from when he made this decision. I think a great deal of the hard feelings could've been prevented if this wasn't kept confidential like it was and was made a more gradual change instead of a sudden one.

The confidentiality could be questioned, but the suddenness of the change is definately a point of contention. Sajier went suddenly from a pillar of support within the guild as an officer, raid leader, and squad/platoon commander then just upped and vanished without a word of warning. The pill would've been a lot easier to swallow if he tried to reduce these problems by stepping down (IE Manny in BWL pre-Resurgent jump) and letting things settle down before stepping out.

While I will wish you luck with your future endevors, I can't help but think this might also cripple TG's progress temporarily on the raiding scene. Seriously...our raid leader just upped and jumped ship without a word of warning to the raiders.
                My sanity is not in question...
                It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Fortunately, this guild is far greater than its individual members. We have a fantastic raid leader in the saddle, Gaviin, who has our full support and dedication. I also expect to see a second leader emerge in the near future.

I do not anticipate this causing much of an effect on Resurgent in any significant way. If anything, this will likely solidify our commitment to each other and to our progress as a guild, pushing us that much further. We are a hard working and devoted team who will continue to progress consistently.

I, for one, am proud of this guild and how far we have come, and will continue to put in my best efforts towards its success. So long as we all keep our eye on the ball, this bump in the road will be just like those that preceded it. We will stand up to the challenge and emerge stronger than ever. We're TG- it's what we do.

Comment

Sometimes big changes like this are just what we need to step up in our raiding. I think this will be a positive change. Everyone needs to think of it as a way to move forward and a chance to change how we raid currently.

Sajier - good luck on your new server. I hope you don't end up hating the game because of the shift into content being so easy and missing out on the learning experience. I've always been leary of guilds recruiting off server for their ranks. I have found the experience personally to be very negative.
                    Delectable - 70 Druid
                    Nymphai - 70 Rogue
                    Meepmeep - 70 Warlock

Comment

Originally posted by vee View Post
                      I've always been leary of guilds recruiting off server for their ranks. I have found the experience personally to be very negative.
                      I had a friend join Alpha back in the day. He actually quit that guild because he said that it sucked the fun out of raiding.

He used to Raid with Divinus.

Yes. Somebody who raided under Poi... said that a guild managed to suck the fun out of raiding.

I think they send people over to your house to actually nail you to your chair with the built in toilet.

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

I think this was a big mistake, and I have a feeling you'll come to that realization soon enough. Not only have you damaged a number of the relationships you have here given the fact and the way in which this went down, you've ultimately made the choice which goes against all that you've been very vocal about since TBC came out.

You are not moving to a guild for better progression, you are moving to a guild that will run you through end-game that they already basically have on farm. TG-Resurgent was progressing, albeit not at the pace that you (or I) would like. Alpha already finished progressing and is now simply looting T6 at will. You'll get your quick tour of Hyjal and Black Temple and will see Sunwell within the first few weeks of 2.4, but you will not have earned that privilege. TG-Resurgent may not see Illidan for many months, but every boss that we take down along the way will give these 25 dedicated raiders a sense of accomplishment that can't be diminished because we earned those victories together. Will you be able to say the same over the next few months?

You want to be a "regular joe" in this new guild? OK, but that's not who you are. I've been stewing over what to write here for a few days now and in looking for ideas on a tactful way to approach this I did a quick search on the forums of all the posts you've made in the past. I was quickly reminded of the very prominent and visible role you put yourself into in TG and how much you thrived on that. You were somebody here; in Alpha, you will simply be the next body to be plugged in to replace the last guy who got burned out. It might be a nice change of pace for you, but you're going to be itching to have a captive audience on comms again in no time; that's just who you are.

You say that this is "just a game", one that you play to have fun. I believe that this is more than "just a game" in many respects except when it comes to those challenging life issues and events. People are attracted to and stay with TG because of the understanding and compassion that we all have for one another and the life challenges that we all face. We get married, we have family vacations, we have to put kids to bed, we have sick parents, we have financial troubles. But through it all, we have the support of our guildmates and know that a few weeks absence from our raids won't jeopardize our standing within the squad. I can't pretend to know for certain, but I seriously doubt that you'll find the same level of compassion with your new guild. How would they respond to your 2 week hiatus for your marriage and honeymoon?

Finally, you've attempted to justify this decision on the basis of the stress you were under as a raid leader. While I will not debate your feeling stressed, there have always been plenty of ways to manage this that didn't involve you bailing on the squad and transferring servers. You often seem to forget that not only did you share leadership with Gaviin, but that also there were any number of very capable 'lieutenants' waiting in the wings to be asked to help organize. At any time, you could very well have stepped back (without stepping down) and still been a part of our progression. You felt the need to learn other classes in order to provide guidance and coaching to those raid members? Why? Our guild is loaded with individuals who have logged days playing their particular class; if properly motivated, I'm certain that some of these folks could share their expertise with their fellow classmates. Pushing down some responsibilities not only reduces the burden that you were feeling but also gives more individual raiders accountability and ownership over our squad's progress. These options have always been staring you in the face and wouldn't have involved you abandoning your responsibilities to the 24 other raiders who depended on you.

All this said, it is not too late to repair the damage you've caused. Server transfers are not permanent. So after a few weeks of being guided through Hyjal and BT with people you don't know and are not friends you've played with for over 3 years now, you can come back. Some people may not want you to, but I do. We'll continue on just fine while you're away, but once you come to the realization that this was a bad move I'd accept you back. For what it's worth, I'm disappointed in you but I am also more than happy to forgive and forget.

After all, that sort of compassion is what has and always will make TG a great place to raid.
                        70 Priest

Comment

Sajier,

I've always respected you as a leader but to leave the way you did was very cowardly. If you wanted us to respect your decision then you should have given us a chance to and not pull out the way you did. I understand it takes a lot to deal with 25 different individuals on any given night but that in no means excuses you from transferring on a drop of a dime. You were more than aware of the responsibllities it takes to organize such a big group. You could have taken a step back from leadership or delegated some of the responsibility. Your role was very prominent within TG and should have been handled with a little more respect.

Ark,

I'm with Pistos on this one Ark. That was done in very poor taste. We've respected you leaving and even taking some of your friends with you. Hell, your alt is even in the guild but to recruit one of the raid leaders that's pretty low.
                          "Remember that all things are only opinions and that it is in your power to think as you please."

Comment

Most of my feelings on this have been spoken perfectly by some of the above posters. I am pissed about your decision, so I won't beat a dead horse to make my point, but I would like to add a couple things.

Point 1. Like in the Matrix, (yes I am a movie geek.) "This has all happened before and will happen again." We (including Sajier) gave Manny a bunch of crap for doing pretty much the same thing. Manny came back and we still love him, even if we look at him as a worn out used... Sorry I got side tracked... Anyway as Wintrow nicely put it, once you see that the grass is not greener on the other side of the fence, IMO, you are welcome back.

Point 2. If your intentions are to look down at us from your new lofty perch and chime in on our progress about what we should be doing and correcting things that you think are the right thing to do, Please don't. Those comments are not needed nor wanted, post in your own forums. *points at Arkamis*

Point 3. I lost all respect for Arkamis a long time ago, and for him to recruit from TG pisses me off, but doesn't really surprise me.

I'm done.. Lets move forward.
                            Maxarilius70Human Retribution Paladin
                            Subterfuge 70 Night Elf Combat Rogue
                            Jandahar 70 Dwarf Holy Priest
                            Meatnormous 70 Draenei Enhancement Shaman

Comment

Originally posted by Maxarilius View Post
                              Most of my feelings on this have been spoken perfectly by some of the above posters. I am pissed about your decision, so I won't beat a dead horse to make my point, but I would like to add a couple things.

Point 1. Like in the Matrix, (yes I am a movie geek.) "This has all happened before and will happen again." We (including Sajier) gave Manny a bunch of crap for doing pretty much the same thing. Manny came back and we still love him, even if we look at him as a worn out used... Sorry I got side tracked... Anyway as Wintrow nicely put it, once you see that the grass is not greener on the other side of the fence, IMO, you are welcome back.

Point 2. If your intentions are to look down at us from your new lofty perch and chime in on our progress about what we should be doing and correcting things that you think are the right thing to do, Please don't. Those comments are not needed nor wanted, post in your own forums. *points at Arkamis*

Point 3. I lost all respect for Arkamis a long time ago, and for him to recruit from TG pisses me off, but doesn't really surprise me.

I'm done.. Lets move forward.
                              /nod
                              /bump

Originally posted by luna View Post
                              Fortunately, this guild is far greater than its individual members. We have a fantastic raid leader in the saddle, Gaviin, who has our full support and dedication. I also expect to see a second leader emerge in the near future.

I do not anticipate this causing much of an effect on Resurgent in any significant way. If anything, this will likely solidify our commitment to each other and to our progress as a guild, pushing us that much further. We are a hard working and devoted team who will continue to progress consistently.

I, for one, am proud of this guild and how far we have come, and will continue to put in my best efforts towards its success. So long as we all keep our eye on the ball, this bump in the road will be just like those that preceded it. We will stand up to the challenge and emerge stronger than ever. We're TG- it's what we do.

And here I was thinking I was going to have to make this big ole's speech. Fortunately TG rox the hell outa any guild or group of people I've ever seen or met in my life. Something I've had the pleasure of learning in life:

When you meet wonderful people willing to make anything work and actually make progress to whatever extent, why look for anything else? If your looking for a great experience, look around you.

When I get this new job here and get my schooling going smoothly here I would more than gladly step up to the plate of trying to help lead some of these runs. I may not go to the extent that sajier has in the past, but I believe I've been enough of a geek looking up information on random things and events in the game to help give my 2 cents in there. Stand strong guys :) We always have.

<3 U guys, I'll be back soon.

[EDIT] Damn! I made a speech >.< ........... Please excuse my french <3 [Edit]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X