Star Wars verus Star Trek

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars verus Star Trek

For those who don't get outside this forum much....

I'm always amused/mystified by those dedicated fans who tell us that Captain Kirk would kick Luke Skywalker's butt. Or that Lord Vader would pwn the Borg.

We now have a silly thread with a similar silly challenge: WoW versus PR

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...aft-vs-pr.html
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: Star Wars verus Star Trek

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
    For those who don't get outside this forum much....

I'm always amused/mystified by those dedicated fans who tell us that Captain Kirk would kick Luke Skywalker's butt. Or that Lord Vader would pwn the Borg.

We now have a silly thread with a similar silly challenge: WoW versus PR

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...aft-vs-pr.html
    That's why I ran away from those forums (to here) like my shirt was on fire.

Comment

I think I'm going to hell. I actually responded. -.-

Fat sweaty nerds indeed. Harumph. I'm tempted to -rep some of those peeps for disrespect to their fellow TGers.
      My sanity is not in question...
      It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Nah. I thought it was more fun to quote it back at them. I recall how addicted I was to other games like TFC and Tribes 2, and then the Battlefield series. WoW addiction isn't anything new, but the FPS'ers like to think it is.

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Bigslick gets owned on page 4...details inside. (Look for a screenshot)

Comment

Originally posted by orion808 View Post
            Linkie

Comment

QQ more scratch don't you think your taking this a bit too far :P.

Wow is addictive plain and simple because the goal that blizzard have at your disposal are almost unattainable. I don't think all players in wow are like that , but quite a few of them strife for a goal that is far beyond their reach putting in many hours for the slakers. It was like getting futher the twins when i was still playing i guess, clearing blackwing was possible for a casual guild , but aq was mostly impossible when you got to the twins so was naxx.

There are game for every type of players , if you frustrated and you feel you need to defend the whole wow community don't you think you have become addicted yourself, i'm pretty happy that i sold my account personnally and quite amazed that someone paid 500$ for it.

Comment

Originally posted by thebonecollector View Post
                QQ more scratch don't you think your taking this a bit too far :P.

Wow is addictive plain and simple because the goal that blizzard have at your disposal are almost unattainable. I don't think all players in wow are like that , but quite a few of them strife for a goal that is far beyond their reach putting in many hours for the slakers. It was like getting futher the twins when i was still playing i guess, clearing blackwing was possible for a casual guild , but aq was mostly impossible when you got to the twins so was naxx.

There are game for every type of players , if you frustrated and you feel you need to defend the whole wow community don't you think you have become addicted yourself, i'm pretty happy that i sold my account personnally and quite amazed that someone paid 500$ for it.
                !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How long had you spent on the account before you sold it?
                |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by orion808 View Post
                  Wow, thanks Talara and to the OP for the honor!

I have no idea where the OP fit into the other forum's discussion, but if someone's looking for an example to prove their mettle by showing how a WOW TG'er can be defeated in BG's and had to choose a screenshot where they managed to kill me (in my off-spec at that) and I'm still there kickin' out heals post-mortem to spite them, I guess I can deal with that :P
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by westyfield View Post
                    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How long had you spent on the account before you sold it?
                    I played for 2 and half years, I started on a pvp horde server took me like a year to get to 60 then we rerolled alliance on malfurion , we were a casual raiding (2-3 evening a week) guild but we were quite effective so we started the guild in november, we were rolling in mc in march then we go trough it maybe in june , then blackwing lair came around we got trough it pretty fast , maybe 1 month or so. Then we started aq got stuck around the tiwns , then the expension came out, i stopped playing. I had a mage with full tier 1 and 2 and a 60 rogue. I came back with less time the guild kersploded because of the expension :P.

I went with a part of them did a bit of pvp and kara , so i guess when i sold it it was mostly in pvp gear and kara stuff. that was 6 month ago

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X