Thursday Raid is still a go

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday Raid is still a go

We'll be heading into Gruul/Mags on the 28th. We are lacking only a few DPS which shouldn't be hard to find. I'll be watching the raid sign-up site...so please sign up and get your spot.

Re: Thursday Raid is still a go

Hey y'all,

On the road with no time to log the past few days, but will be home tonight and love to run if there's a dps spot open (can't access the signup from my phone so can't update).

I've committed to running Gruul's Monday w/ Delirium so can't be able to go in for that, but if there's a spot I could sneak in for Mags to get this albatross of a Naaru quest out of my log I'd be a very happy spriest!

At a minimum I'll look forward to listening in to the pwnage of old foes :-)

See y'all tonight!
    sigpic

Comment

Are we still keeping to our gear standards for Resurgant?

Undergeared DPS just means the burden gets shifted to the healers and I do not find that very fun. I hope that this was just an oversight or mistake on approving people for the raid because trying to heal with Gruul hitting 15+ growths is not enjoyable.

PvP gear =/= good PvE gear
      Happychick 70 Holy Priest
      Asminn 70 Rogue

Comment

I found the reason behind not being able to steal the Spell Shield. From the logs, Shadowreign's Arcane Shot was removing the shield, so I had nothing to steal!

21:46:03 Your Fireball hits Krosh Firehand for 1687 Fire damage. (562 resisted)
        21:46:04 You gain Combustion (2).
        21:46:05 Krosh Firehand suffers 6 Fire damage from your Fireball.
        21:46:06 You cast Spellsteal on Krosh Firehand.
        21:46:06 Krosh Firehand 's Spell Shield is removed by Shadowreign 's Arcane Shot.
        21:46:06 Your Fireball hits Krosh Firehand for 567 Fire damage.
        21:46:06 Lunatg 's Holy Light heals you for 4735.
        21:46:07 You gain Combustion (3).
        21:46:08 Krosh Firehand suffers 24 Fire damage from your Fireball.

From WoWWiki: Hunters should be reminded NOT to use arcane shot while attacking Krosh as this will dispel his shield, preventing the mage from stealing it.

Not being able to steal the shield killed me at least 3 times, including the one we made it further into the fight. I was wondering where the hell the shield went... because I did not have it on me and it disappeared from Krosh. I was hitting the Spellsteal key to the point of breaking it, all while being puzzled at the "Nothing to steal" message scrolling up my screen.

I am sorry the raid got cancelled mostly because I was not able to perform my task. I really dislike tanking Krosh, as it usually means 2 to 4 wipes while I get it right. I have tanked him successfully in the past, probably 3 to 4 times. While I had my fair share of mistakes this time around, some of the wipes were out of my control. Once the Spell Shield is dispelled from Krosh, it is game over, as it has a 30 second cooldown.

Comment

Ah! Even I forgot that little tidbit since we haven't been back into Gruul's since the purge affect was added. Wow...that explains a lot.
          My sanity is not in question...
          It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Wow.. good find, Elm! I could see you were having trouble with the shield as I was dropping huge heals on you and you were going from full health to nothing at all in one hit.

There you have it, guys. No worries, Elm!

Comment

Yeah, I didn't realize this, and I'm sure Shadow didn't even know you needed to steal the shield...

Comment

You know what I find the most ironic? The one time its alright to blame a hunter Aestryd said he couldn't blame us for these hijinks. Heh
                My sanity is not in question...
                It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

That's awesome, Tarenth. Aestryd, now we see how reliable your judgment is! :)

Comment

I don't think many of us realized this. I sure did not know. I do not remember this being an issue before, so it really caught me by surprise.

And Aestryd, how could you *not* blame the hunters? :-P They kill me in the arenas and now they kill me in PvE. >.> OP I say!

Comment

I blame the hunters for my bad judgement here! They were misleading! ...besides, I've been getting kickbacks from the IFH (International Federation of Hunters), but I won't take it anymore! I'm here to take a stand once again, stand with me my brothers! Rally against them! Don't go gently into that good night!

...ahem, I've learned my lesson...gnomes are a great Evil, but only second to hunters, and never again will I let me judgement be clouded by promises of large fangs, or thick furry manes!

Aestryd 80 Prot Pally / Epimetheus 70 Feral Druid / Yuusei 74 Enhancement Shaman
                      Camsmule 70 Fury/Prot Warrior / Tamrissa 70 Affliction Warlock / Aegyn 70 Holy Priest
                      Shyff 70 Arcane Mage / Indrus 62 Combat Rogue

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X