Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you need another warrior, is this guild the same as the typical wow guild?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Do you need another warrior, is this guild the same as the typical wow guild?

    i ask this because im toying with the idea of coming back to wow... im not sure why but i've been thinking about playing again, its been nine month since i last played.

    I used to play Project reality and I was part of the TG 6th witch i need to remove my tags... but I LOVED the experience that i got playing here on tactical gamer. I was wondering if TG wow is the same?

    when i played wow, i used to play with my roomate, it was actually one of our only forms in interaction because he used to play ALOT. I eventually quit because it was demanding way to much esp from a game, and i needed to focus on schoolwork. Now is Tactical Gamer the same with time requirements? are you guys laid back and realize that sometimes people need to leave during a raid, or might not be able to show up? there may be punishments ( witch i understand, not showing up to one raid means u sit out the next ect...) but hell this is just a game and should be Fun!

    the reason i quit last time was because it felt like a job, i was in a guild that required you to be there and you were constantly fighting for a position. There was much drama and backstabbing ( seemed like some people liked this aspect of the game) there was alot of stupid annoying people who couldnt focus and get stuff done. ( 4hrs to get to freakin mag comon now. )

    If TGwow is anything like TG PR then i would imagine you get things done, people listen and there is good fun all around. There is somthign different about WoW and PR, its gear... people get defensive about not getting gear or feel that they are owed gear ( its understandable alot of the game is based around gear.... i wish it was more based on skill but we can all wish!) Now this where alot of the drama can come from, i personally enjoy getting bosses down, then the loot that they drop. the loot is just the icing, its the act of progressing and getting better and performing the best you can is more fun IMO.

    well i said my spheel and im eager to hear what everyone has to say.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...dhoof&n=Mavrik

    that is my character as he stands 9 months ago, we got into SSC and i was just getting fed up with being in that guild.

    if you guys think that i would make a good addtion to the team, i will seriously think about coming back, i would only think of coming back to A TG guild. what im hoping to find is the same atmosphere here as i did when i played PR.

    thanks alot

    -Mav
    lTG-6thlMavrok

  • #2
    Re: Do you need another warrior, is this guild the same as the typical wow guild?

    Check the recruiting forum for current needs.
    Beep


    Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Do you need another warrior, is this guild the same as the typical wow guild?

      Originally posted by beep View Post
      Check the recruiting forum for current needs.
      i have seen the needs. But should that really matter? what about some of the other things i touched apon above?
      lTG-6thlMavrok

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Do you need another warrior, is this guild the same as the typical wow guild?

        TG-WoW is almost like several guilds inside of a guild with our squad/platoon system. Being on a squad or platoon allows you to mix better with the people around you rather than playing with random people every time you raid. It allows them to understand and acknowledge when you are busy due to real life instead of assuming you're just slacking. It also allows for the guild to have multiple stages of progression.

        I'd say most of our groups are casual with our 25-mans being a hair more structured. I'm sure I can say that we still expect that if you sign up for a raid that you are there for the majority/all of it. It is understandable if something important happens and you need to step away, but don't expect us to not try to replace you if you are going to be missing for awhile...24 other people are waiting on you after all. Gone are the days of 2-5 afk'ers in MC and the raid is unaffected. There are boss/trash fights now that require all to be alive and functioning to ensure the timely kill and survivability of the raid.

        Suggestion: Try WoW out again for a month or 2 with a prepaid card, if you don't find what you like in that time, call it off for good.

        PS: it's 'which' not 'witch'

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Do you need another warrior, is this guild the same as the typical wow guild?

          Originally posted by orion808 View Post
          TG-WoW is almost like several guilds inside of a guild with our squad/platoon system. Being on a squad or platoon allows you to mix better with the people around you rather than playing with random people every time you raid. It allows them to understand and acknowledge when you are busy due to real life instead of assuming you're just slacking. It also allows for the guild to have multiple stages of progression.

          I'd say most of our groups are casual with our 25-mans being a hair more structured. I'm sure I can say that we still expect that if you sign up for a raid that you are there for the majority/all of it. It is understandable if something important happens and you need to step away, but don't expect us to not try to replace you if you are going to be missing for awhile...24 other people are waiting on you after all. Gone are the days of 2-5 afk'ers in MC and the raid is unaffected. There are boss/trash fights now that require all to be alive and functioning to ensure the timely kill and survivability of the raid.

          Suggestion: Try WoW out again for a month or 2 with a prepaid card, if you don't find what you like in that time, call it off for good.

          PS: it's 'which' not 'witch'
          i understand the raiding system and it seems fair. i have played wow before (check armory above).

          ive played PR with you before havnt i orion?

          and which witch is which? always has escaped me!
          lTG-6thlMavrok

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Do you need another warrior, is this guild the same as the typical wow guild?

            i can send you a 10 day account ressurection trial... its your old account.. free for ten days, if u PM me your account's email, you can just accept the offer and BAM.. 10 free days of wow
            powered by Windows 7

            . . . .

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Do you need another warrior, is this guild the same as the typical wow guild?

              Originally posted by Tonk View Post
              i can send you a 10 day account ressurection trial... its your old account.. free for ten days, if u PM me your account's email, you can just accept the offer and BAM.. 10 free days of wow
              wow! that is awesome, i would have the do a character transfer to the server, although
              lTG-6thlMavrok

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Do you need another warrior, is this guild the same as the typical wow guild?

                And yes, I used to play BF2-PR prior to the patch that changed the PR I loved...think it was 0.6 or something.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Do you need another warrior, is this guild the same as the typical wow guild?

                  well it doesnt seem like the community is opening its arms up in the same way the PR group did, cept for tonk, thanks for the opportunity but im thinking that there wouldnt be any reason for me to come back to wow
                  lTG-6thlMavrok

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Do you need another warrior, is this guild the same as the typical wow guild?

                    Originally posted by Mavrok View Post
                    well it doesnt seem like the community is opening its arms up in the same way the PR group did, cept for tonk, thanks for the opportunity but im thinking that there wouldnt be any reason for me to come back to wow
                    Hmm. Well, you would certainly be welcomed to TG's guild. What is not clear is whether you would get the raiding opportunities you would like.

                    The game effectively imposes its own "logic" that in order to progress to the more advanced content, you have to have a group of raiders who have worked their way into that content together...both for experience/knowledge and for the needed gear. We can get along on occasion by substituting another player with similar knowledge and gear (e.g. coming from another guild), but someone who is not geared up to the same standard or who lacks knowledge of the encounters can wipe the raid.

                    We try to address this by having different 10 and 25 man groups who are at different stages of progression. The class/spec "needs" for these groups are posted in our recruiting forum and change as our membership evolves.

                    Over time as we grow, there will likely be new groups being formed. I understand that we may not be a good fit for your WoW-gaming goals right now, but I differ with your assessment that we are not "opening" our arms in welcome. We have wrestled with this idea of accommodating all who want to join since the beginning of the guild. We have generally followed that practice, but we have learned to be open with newcomers about the environment they will encounter, an environment that is largely dictated by the game itself. FWIW, some of our newcomers (and old-timers) have dramatically changed to work with the game. My main was a protection warrior until just a few months ago. We have numerous examples of guildies who have respecced or leveled new characters to fill a needed class/spec position in our raiding groups. I can wish it were different but that won't change the game. My experience is that to get the most from the game requires 25+ hours a week, a time commitment that is difficult to manage for many.

                    In any event, I wish you good luck and good hunting in whatever gaming experience you pursue. If you want to try out the WoW world again, Tonk's suggestion is a good one that would minimize your risk. We'll be happy to extend an invitation to the guild.
                    Beep


                    Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

                    Comment

                    Connect

                    Collapse

                    TeamSpeak 3 Server

                    Collapse

                    Advertisement

                    Collapse

                    Twitter Feed

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X