Gem selection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gem selection

Feel free to piggyback your own query to this, the idea is to get expertise for any equipment for any class/build.

I've got a BM hunter engineer wearing the [item]SureStrike Goggles v2.0[/item]. What gems should I put in it?

I'll also need some gems for my brand new [item]Gloves of Dexterous Manipulation[/item] from my very first visit to Kara.

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/ch...halas&n=Sonata
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: Gem selection

for the meta in mine I have the gem from the vendor in Alerian Stronghold you buy it with spirit shards. I am at work and don't have all the info and don't remember the exact name but I think it has +20 AP and some other stuff. Fairly cheap meta with good hunter stats costs nothing but shards 14 I think but am not positive. as for the others depends and what you want if you want to maximize your and pets stamina then solids for blues. I tend to use a lot of hybrids especially talasite for blues and yellows cause it's cheep. However i am probably not maximizing my potential. Tarenth is probably the man tell you exactly how much whatever you get from each each gem and how best to maximize the stats if your trying to hit.

you could also look here

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/world-w...l-website.html
    "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

Using your hints, I tracked down these options:

[item]Swift Windfire Diamond[/item]
      [item]Relentless Earthstorm Diamond[/item]
      [item]Swift Skyfire Diamond[/item]

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Since this is a BM hunter, I'm thinking I mostly want DPS. I've not really done much endgame nor Outland instances (once in each of Ramparts, UB, and Kara) so I have no idea what to do with a hunter there beyond DPS and trapping. My biggest intent for her is mote farming and mining, and for instances her biggest feature is the (not yes possessed) repair bot deployment.

Comment

[item]Swift Windfire Diamond[/item] - See Skyfire Diamond below
          [item]Relentless Earthstorm Diamond[/item] - Excellent Survival Gem due to their already high crit%
          [item]Swift Skyfire Diamond[/item] - Generally a Marks/BM gem with the added benefit or run speed (think kiting mobs around)

Comment

Ok, so it sounds like the SSD is what I should be targeting.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X