Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.4 chat window issues - temporary fix

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...xPatch2.4.html

This fixes issues with chat windows that were introduced in 2.4. Basically, it forces WoW to actually pay attention to the settings that you've chosen, and it makes sure those settings are properly saved when you log out.
    Ninja

Re: 2.4 chat window issues - temporary fix

I haven't noticed a problem, but I don't know if one of my addons is fixing it. (I use Cosmos.) What's the actual bug?

I normally run with a bunch of chat tabs, separating out Trade and Guild/Party chat to separate tabs. I also made a separate tab for Auctioneer to spam to. It makes the General tab a lot quieter and easier to follow.
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Basically, chat settings would not get saved, particularly in your General tab (the default chat window). So if you turned off, say, whispers in General, they would still show up. Or if you modified the combat log to not show certain things, those settings would stay. This addon fixed the problem for me perfectly, though I've heard from one other person saying it did not fix theirs. So /shrug.
      Ninja

Comment

It ended up working for me too eventually...
        70 Priest

Comment

I ended up creating a "default" tab that mimics what my general should be. I only click on the general tab to see /roll numbers and online/offline activity as I need to look at it.

Comment

Talara, try downloading this addon and ditching your extra tab. It's a lot more convenient.
            Ninja

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X