No announcement yet.

Just because I'm surprised I haven't seen it posted yet: WWI panel discussions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just because I'm surprised I haven't seen it posted yet: WWI panel discussions

As much as I hate the site I'm linking to, it does have a good selection of actual notes and Q and A from the wow Dev Panel discussions.

Class notes:
    http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/06/28...wow-dev-panel/

P.S. - good gawd, shamans are gonna be broken in raids!

Q and A:
    http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/06/28...nda-dev-panel/

Aestryd 80 Prot Pally / Epimetheus 70 Feral Druid / Yuusei 74 Enhancement Shaman
    Camsmule 70 Fury/Prot Warrior / Tamrissa 70 Affliction Warlock / Aegyn 70 Holy Priest
    Shyff 70 Arcane Mage / Indrus 62 Combat Rogue

Re: Just because I'm surprised I haven't seen it posted yet: WWI panel discussions

*glee* Pet talent trees. Its about freaken time. They promised better training skills at seems they just gave up on that idea as it would just create a FOTM pet from time to time.

Ugh...I think of the headache of coordinating raid wide totems and I feel for the shamans. At least there will now be a viable flame totem (aside from Frost Resist in some cases) for nonElemental shaman since dropping a Flametongue totem will give all members a flame weapon enchant that will increase spell damage.
    My sanity is not in question...
    It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Re: Just because I'm surprised I haven't seen it posted yet: WWI panel discussions

I think I'd be concerned if we had 3-4 shaman in the raid, but with 1 or 2...well that's still "only" 8 totems and with usually just 2 of each type to select from it's not going to be as complicated as paladins have it. Man that's going to be huge! The entire raid will get a DPS boost. Not to mention with agility/strength tied to 1 totem it'll free up a slot for windfury (which now is a buff so even poison-wielding rogues and druids get the effect).

Comment

Well, on the flip side if you only have 1-2 shamans you'll be compressing the raid to a 20-30 yard circle if everyone wants the buffs. The more shamans you have the more totems you can space out and thus you have more 'play' with rooms which is especially important with fights where you have to spread out.

The headache I was mostly mentioning was trying to juggle the different weapon enchant buffs. If you want the melee to get windfury then that means you need to place the flametongue totem for casters (weapon enchant gives additional +spell damage) 20-30 yards away from the windfury totem and people need to stay out of the air totem so as not to get things too complicated since you can only have 1 weapon enchant. Same goes for healers and the earthmender enchant if with the spell buff they throw in a new earth totem that gives that enchant for others.

In short if you care about the extra weapon enchant totem for yourself then you're going to have 'dead zones' that you can't cross or else that enchant will be overwritten for something else entirely. At least that was my impression of what could happen. Never really seen flametongue and windfury totems dropped at the same time to see what could happen.
        My sanity is not in question...
        It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post
          Well, on the flip side if you only have 1-2 shamans you'll be compressing the raid to a 20-30 yard circle if everyone wants the buffs. The more shamans you have the more totems you can space out and thus you have more 'play' with rooms which is especially important with fights where you have to spread out.

The headache I was mostly mentioning was trying to juggle the different weapon enchant buffs. If you want the melee to get windfury then that means you need to place the flametongue totem for casters (weapon enchant gives additional +spell damage) 20-30 yards away from the windfury totem and people need to stay out of the air totem so as not to get things too complicated since you can only have 1 weapon enchant. Same goes for healers and the earthmender enchant if with the spell buff they throw in a new earth totem that gives that enchant for others.

In short if you care about the extra weapon enchant totem for yourself then you're going to have 'dead zones' that you can't cross or else that enchant will be overwritten for something else entirely. At least that was my impression of what could happen. Never really seen flametongue and windfury totems dropped at the same time to see what could happen.
          From what I remember, they are also changing the way the shaman "weapon enchants" work. Instead of being a weapon enchant they become a buff. That means that they will work for druids who are shape shifted, rogues with poisons, warriors with the BS stones enchanted, casters with oils ect.... One would assume since they changed them to a buff that their wouldn't be an issue with them stacking.

Tarma: 80 Enhancement Shaman | Koliana: 70 Balance Druid
          Salelen: 70 Discipline Priest | Jadrek: 70 Arcane Mage
          Kerowhyn: 67 Retribution Paladin | Talenoth: 69 Unholy Death Knight
          Caldac: 60 Beast Master Hunter | Kamina: 58 Protection Warrior
          Celendra: 45 Combat Rogue

I had it all! I had it all and then I lost it. Lost... all gone... like... my mind. My mind is like... cheese. I like cheese.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X