Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• /wets himself in exitement

http://wotlkwiki.info/index.php/Paladin

after all the trepidation at seeing what the other classes got: good god, I'm stayin' with my pally as my main. Assuming of course that not much changes (yeah right). Some of the stuff here is extremely promising.

- We are getting a trainable Shield Slam, and one that answers our block value to spell damage pleas at that.
    - We are getting a Strike talent that, beyond already being awesome with it's 3-target sweep and 6 second cooldown, also improves our ability to DPS when not tanking!
    - We are getting a fix for over-gearing encounters, just like warriors got.
    - We are getting a stamina to spell damage co-efficient, further consolidating our stats.
    - We are getting an Improved Thunder Clap built into our Judgements.
    - We are getting the ability to give an entire raid a 30% shield wall every 4 minutes. All you need is a tank switch.
    - We are being given a whole 2 second window to ensure 100% uptime on Holy Shield. This is a good mitigation buff, regardless of what happens to crushing blows in Wrath.

Basically, we are getting our stats consolidated, shield slam and a sweeping strike options added to our rotations, over-gearing fixed, DPS when not tanking improved, healing when not tanking also slightly improved, a target damage debuff.

That's just from a prot point of view. Holy pallies got some really nice looking fixes, and ret paladins are now a needed class in raids (IMO), especially with a pally tank.

mmmmm.....gonna go change my pants now

Aestryd 80 Prot Pally / Epimetheus 70 Feral Druid / Yuusei 74 Enhancement Shaman
    Camsmule 70 Fury/Prot Warrior / Tamrissa 70 Affliction Warlock / Aegyn 70 Holy Priest
    Shyff 70 Arcane Mage / Indrus 62 Combat Rogue

Re: /wets himself in exitement

whoot, the BMs talents look pretty good, the beast mastery could do without.. being able to train exotic pet.. wtf.. but I love the ability reducing the cool down on bw, intimidation and pets special ability by 30% whoot.

FINALLY HUNTERS get camouflage! yes it makes sense too :P we can finally become invis and remove all physical and spell debuffs and we fade into improved invis state.

The Aspect Mastery I would think should be in survival.. would make more sense there than in BM

Bm hunters going to ROCK

Comment

Update from the druid front if that is correct...All are possibilities (some talented that not everyone will have).

Resto:
      • A Circle of Healing type spell where 5 players are healed around the target.
      • Improved Armor via talent.
      • OOC rez...
      • Seed of Life...Acts like a Prayer of mending, but doesn't jump.

Feral:
      • More damage if the target is bleeding...think "Feeding Frenzy"
      • Berserk - Removes all loss of control debuffs on self...that's not the best part. If in Bear, your mangles will hit 3 targets, if in Cat, Energy costs reduced by 50% which means someone is in trouble. Guessing this is only usable once an hour and even then only for a short duration...no note to that effect.
      • Infected Wound - Decreases movement and attack speeds of the target when proc'd
      • Cat Feral Charge

Boomkin:
      • Frenzy increasing dmg when being attacked...bye bye rogues.
      • Typhoon which apparently moves around and knocks others back
      • Starfall - Instant cast AoE available every 3 min with 30 yd range that does more dmg to those within 5 yds

Comment

It looks like they are reworking the paladin blessings too. Are they really going to change the blessing of salvation? Gonna miss that one:)

mmo-champion.com

"Blessing of Salvation renamed Hand of Salvation, now reduces total threat on the target by 2% per second for 10 seconds while also reducing all damage and healing done by 10%. Only one Hand spell can be on the target per paladin at any one time. Now costs 6% of base mana."

Comment

I wonder if they are going to upgrade the rogues?
          Look under your chair!

Comment

Rogue talents have already been out.

Several blessings are getting reformated to the 'hand' system so that they can be used in snap cases without overwriting the current blessing. Its sad that they added Salvation as a 'snap save' ability with Blessing of Protection, Blessing of Sacrifice, and Blessing of Freedom.

Poor shamans. Freedom to use their totems for everyone and they're gonna be relegated to dropping Tranquil Air totems.

Depending on what is defined as an 'exotic pet' it might be worthwild to go deep BM just to get that pet. I've always wanted to tame a dragon whelp and have it gnaw on the kneecaps of my enemies. The 5 extra 'talent points' might also be interesting to see depending on how the pet trees look like.

Shiro is a dirty BM hunter who doesn't see the charm of Aspect Mastery. It's quite a shame really. The reason why it's in the BM tree is because:
            1) All Aspects are BM skills. That's why early talents focus on them and they're on the BM pages of you skill/spell book
            2) It provides BM hunters a nice RAP boost that rivals that gained from Lightning Reflexes and Trueshot Aura. At 5/5 it will give you an additional 150 RAP when you're using Aspect of the hawk.

2 huge buffs for non-MM hunters would be the moving of Careful Aim from deep in the tree to the upper tiers and buffing it from 45% to 100% of your int as well as the shuffle of mortal shots once again to a higher position.

The change from the individual slaying talents to the tracking mastery talent is also a very nice DPS boost for hunters. 5% extra damage on anything we can track and/or mark (since marking automatically tracks something) is pretty sexy and very versitile since we've move to the new tracking system.

The deep MM ultimate talent looks impressive at first glance, but after poking at it a bit it's a very PvP orientated talent which is saddening for hunters. A Viper/Chimera combination with 5/5 improved stings will drain roughly 5226 mana off the target (4020 from the sting and 1206 for the chimera) but it will only refund the cost of both stings in the process (Viper 610 and Chimera 540 = 1150) which makes it rather useless as a regenerative tool so the only reason you'd want to use it in place of 'killing things faster' would be if you just wanted to piss off another player. The sheer cost in mana is what makes it a vastly weaker DPS tool than just shooting pointy objects at the enemy, however the reverse shield wall ability (damage reduced by 60%/40%/20% on next 3 attacks) does have promise, but its far too pin point to be reliable to save someone.

Wild Quiver and Imp Steady Shot are both proc based and the fact that wild quiver is proc based off autoshot only makes it pretty much an improved version of concussive shots and only an improvement in that it actually does damage. Both Marked for death and Piercing shots are nice talents when taken thinking about a shot rotation (which will probably change when we hear more about 'kill shot' which is mentioned several times).

All in all the MM talents seem...disappointing deep in the tree.

Deep in the Survial tree Point of No Escape is gimmicky and pointless. PoNE seems PvP orientated and completely negates sniper training since you need to be close to trap consistantly and far away to get the sniper benefits. Not only that, but freezing is a one shot break and bear is like entangle so the crit bonus isn't good for much or for long.

Hunting Party, Potent Venom, and Explosive Shot are the really shiney and purty talents in the Survival tree, thought ExpShot is a puzzling addition. Hunters finally get a spamable (well with a short cooldown) AoE shot...and its deep Survival. Boo! The party assistance of getting 2% mana, 10 energy/runic power, and 4 rage every crit and the +3% damage done while affected with Serpent Sting makes survival hunters top dogs for support roles once more.

On the caster side there has been a radical chage:
            All items and effects which grant bonuses to spell damage and spell healing are being consolidated into a single stat, Spellpower. This stat will appear with the same values found on items which grant “increased spell damage and healing” such as on typical Mage and Warlock itemization.
            For classes which do not heal, they should see no change in the character sheet other than new tooltip wording.
            Healing characters will see their bonus healing numbers on the character sheet decrease, however, all healing spells have been modified to receive more benefit from spellpower than they received from bonus healing, with a net effect of no change to the amount healed by their spells. Some talents have had to be rebalanced to accommodate this change, but the amount healed will remain roughly the same. In addition, some talents will provide only healing spell power.
            No more healing gear and damage gear. Now you just have spell power gear and let all your casters fight over it. O.o
            My sanity is not in question...
            It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post
              No more healing gear and damage gear. Now you just have spell power gear and let all your casters fight over it. O.o
              Maybe this will turn out OK in the end, but right now I'm quite annoyed by this change for the exact reason you've pointed out. Perhaps the other stats will be balanced well enough to allow for a relatively clear picture for which class the piece would be optimal.
              70 Priest

Comment

Poor shamans. Freedom to use their totems for everyone and they're gonna be relegated to dropping Tranquil Air totems.
                "Tranquil Air Totem: Removed. (Threat is being addressed by modifications to the base threat of players and/or "baked" into tanking abilities.)"

"Poor Shamans" nothing lol. Windfury for everyone!
                Untesh - 70(*) Unholy Deathknight
                Tesh - 70 Retribution Paladin
                Shetesh - 70 Shadow Priest
                Teshaan - 70 Enhancement Shaman
                Teshana - 70 Beast Mastery Hunter
                Teshpok - 70 Demonology Warlock
                Teshiita - 70 Frost Mage
                Teshon - 70 Combat Rogue
                Teshayla - 53 Feral(Cat) Druid
                Mactesh - 5 Fury Warrior

Comment

Windfury totem at the moment is a haste buff no longer an extra attack. Not sure about the Shaman self buff but if its a haste buff instead of extra attacks they've all but destroyed enhancement shamans. As for the paladin stuff it is all nice and I am looking forward to it, it just annoys me a little at the convention in France the dev's said that paladin talents weren't out yet because they didn't want to just give paladin's warrior and priest talents renamed. Now look at the things we are getting in Prot a "shield slam" and a single target "thunder clap" just renamed. In Ret a "whirlwind" just renamed and in Holy a single target "POM". This makes me sad a little since they did exactly what they said they didn't want to do which to me means they have no idea what to do with paladins. The changes are all nice but just a little discouraging since we didn't really get anything that is unquiely paladin.

Comment

This is the truth Dom, but I'm still stoked at the difference in tanking that this will likely mean. I mean more in terms of rotations and whatnot, and actually being more active in tanking. I said to big, the first day they came out that I wished they hadn't made us warriors and whatnot with the hold shield bash. However, I can't say that I don't appreciate that pally tanking will require more involvement and skill. While *do* love being a tankadin, I also have to say that atm there's a lot of dead time in the rotations

Aestryd 80 Prot Pally / Epimetheus 70 Feral Druid / Yuusei 74 Enhancement Shaman
                    Camsmule 70 Fury/Prot Warrior / Tamrissa 70 Affliction Warlock / Aegyn 70 Holy Priest
                    Shyff 70 Arcane Mage / Indrus 62 Combat Rogue

Comment

I get the feeling that they are intentionally over-lapping roles. Maybe the 25-mans being scaled down to 10-man will require the flexibility/control of a 25-man, so they made it possible with less people that could each do more...

Comment

Camouflage removed. I blame Shiro for seeming excited. -_-;

Heh...Cobra strikes gives you a 60% chance to regain 6% of your mana when your steady shot crits when combined with Invigoration. BM is obscene.

BTW, the Windfury change is a normalization of weapons for Shamans just like it was for rogues and warriors way back when they added the theoretical weapon speed standard to skills. With the change from a proc based on your current attack to a flat haste shamans will no longer have to find slow weapons to make the most of windfury. They can now use all weapons and will gain an equal amount of power with windfury.

The stacking of Windfury and Flurry will now make shamans and warriors attack at a rather impressive speed and if you think about a fury warrior with titan's grip then windfury will negate the speed penalty completely making dual wielded two handed weapons a force to be reckoned with.
                        Last edited by Tarenth; 07-21-2008, 04:30 AM.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Heh...Cobra strikes gives you a 60% chance to regain 6% of your mana when your steady shot crits when combined with Invigoration. BM is obscene.
                          There seem to be a lot of tools for all mana-using classes to regain mana in the xpac... but I wouldn't count on it being what it seems - with the overabundance of haste everywhere from within talent builds and provided to party / group by others, you'll need every ounce of mana you can muster.
                          sigpic

Comment

/bump

Empowers a Minor Glyph to cause your Polymorph: Sheep spell to turn the target into a baby penguin.
                            BEST CRAFTING ITEM EVER!

Comment

/bump
                              Empowers a Minor Glyph to cause your Polymorph: Sheep spell to turn the target into a baby penguin.
                              BEST CRAFTING ITEM EVER!
                              Note that this only works in the Linux client. :p
                              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X