WoW Reference in Batman!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WoW Reference in Batman!

I smiled when I heard it, but don't wanna spoil it for all the guys who havn't seen it!

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Re: WoW Reference in Batman!

Ok I watched it but there was this annoying 6 year old that would not shut up sitting 3 seats from me so all I could do was focus my attention on not picking him up and throwing him out of the movie so i missed the wow reference.
    CRY HAVOC! AND LET SLIP THE DOGS OF WAR![/center]

Comment

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>spoiler<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <<

It was towards the end when Batman and the Joker (Was upside down on Batmans rope thingy) were talking. Batman couldn't kill him, and Joker was cracking some jokes. One of them was, 'So this is what happens when the Unstoppable Force meets the Immovable Object.' I don't know if you guys still remember this, because the reference was quite some time ago. I grinned.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<spoiler>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>
      Last edited by Kulmar; 07-20-2008, 07:54 PM.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

It was subtle but I did grin when I caught it. :)

Level 80 Warrior
        Level 74 Priest

Comment

i dint catch it.
          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
          -Vulcan

Comment

/fail

This is not a WOW reference. As with most things in WOW, Blizz has sampled pop culture, mythology, music, etc.. to formulate the frills of the WOW universe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irresistible_force_paradox
            Uglyduck - Spec varies - Currently Prot
            MMORPG = Many Men Online Role-Playing as Girls

Comment

Originally posted by duck View Post
              /fail

This is not a WOW reference. As with most things in WOW, Blizz has sampled pop culture, mythology, music, etc.. to formulate the frills of the WOW universe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irresistible_force_paradox
              Oh I'm sorry Master Duck. It's just that I saw it in WoW before I saw it elsewhere. Please don't hurt me.

Comment

Originally posted by Kulmar View Post
                Oh I'm sorry Master Duck. It's just that I saw it in WoW before I saw it elsewhere. Please don't hurt me.
                And that, my friend, is when you realize you need to get out more. ;)
                My sanity is not in question...
                It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post
                  Nice answer!
                  And yes!
                  It is 99.99% chance that it is a poster on a Movie theater about Batman.
                  And who walk by a Movie Theater every day?
                  Look under your chair!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post
                    Yep. Thats why I quit WoW a while back! Waste of time/Money. I just remember this from when I used to play a year or two ago.

Comment

Having been exposed to many of those influences, I enjoy WoW more. Every time I read a quest plate or an NPC's spiel, I chuckle from the references therein. I pity all the people who don't have the background to appreciate them.

http://www.wowwiki.com/List_of_pop_c...es_in_Warcraft

http://www.wowwiki.com/In-jokes_and_...op_references)

http://www.wowwiki.com/In-jokes_and_...nces_(Outland)
                      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

That's the brilliance to WoW. There's something for everyone to notice and get a good laugh at in either pop culture or old favorite.

Though some seem to be so obscure you pretty much prove your nerdhood by noticing them.

The cave below Manaforge Ara in the Netherstorm is named Trelleum Mine, from the mineral known as trellium in Star Trek: Enterprise. Overseer Azaloth also walks around inside the Manaforge Ara, a possible reference to Azati Prime, a planet located inside the Delphic Expanse, a region where you can find trellium ore. Additionally, the demons placed in the manaforge and otherwise generally seen manipulating Kael's blood elves are reminiscent of the Sphere Builders manipulating the Xindi in the Delphic Expanse.
                        Innkeeper Remi Dodoso's name in Area 52 spells out the notes 'Re' 'Mi' 'Do' 'Do' 'So' in the solfege scale. This is a reference to the musical theme used in the movie Close Encounters of the Third Kind to communicate with the aliens which have landed on Earth.
                        Though a lot of them are also only noticable if you play both the alliance and the horde. Like the bankers "Ohrly" and "Yarly"
                        My sanity is not in question...
                        It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X