Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What addons do you like?

Title says it all.

There are tons of them out there and I don't know which ones are good. And where is a reliable place to download them?
    I知 not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Re: What addons do you like?

curse.com - wowinterface.com - wowace.com

I have so many addons, but the most important are Grid, Pitbull, Omen, Autobar, Bartender, Item Rack and Auctioneer. So many, many more, but those are the primaries.

You may want to try some of the compilations to save time.
    New to TG?

Comment

You can definitely go overboard (and I do ;)). Is there something specific you are trying to do? If you're not looking to completely overhaul your UI you could start with something like FuBar and then as you get more adventurous add on.

Grid takes some time to get use to but its great. I use Outfitter instead of ItemRack but the pretty much do the same thing. Omen is good to have for when you group/raid. Check out files.wowace.com and you'll see there are just a ton.
      Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
      Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
      ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

At one time, I think I had nearly 200 addons. Don't ask why -- I don't really know.

On the short list:

Healbot
        Pally Power
        Omen
        Deadly Boss Mods
        Perl Classic Unit Frames
        Trinity Bars
        Grid

Comment

Originally posted by Pistos View Post
          You can definitely go overboard (and I do ;)). Is there something specific you are trying to do? If you're not looking to completely overhaul your UI you could start with something like FuBar and then as you get more adventurous add on.

Grid takes some time to get use to but its great. I use Outfitter instead of ItemRack but the pretty much do the same thing. Omen is good to have for when you group/raid. Check out files.wowace.com and you'll see there are just a ton.
          Yes.

My situation is I mostly solo and my play is intermittent at best. I will play for a month or two then not play for a couple of months. I have been playing since the first couple of months and my highest level character is 33. Very casual.

So I often get lost in quests when I come back. I forget where I turn in completed quests and where I go to complete the quests.

Any help for this?

Also, is there anyway to query an online DB like goblinworkshop or thottbot while in game?

And one final thing. My skills (like firstaid and leatherworking). I don't have any idea what items I gather or get from drops are important. I often find myself selling something I need for one of my other characters skill. Is there anything that will tell me what items are used for what skills? Even if the character I am playing with doesn't have a particular skill?

Thanks for the help.
          - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
          - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
          - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
          - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Oh.

One final thing.

I used Gypsy mod in the past. I like how I could move the action bars around and make them small and assign hotkeys to all their items. I also like how i can hide things like the gryphon graphics. I see that it generally gets middle of the road ratings.

What is better?

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
              So I often get lost in quests when I come back. I forget where I turn in completed quests and where I go to complete the quests.
              I use a addon called lightheaded that has notes on the quests (culled from wowhead I believe). For each quest it usually gives coordinates for the quest turn in, as well as where to go to complete the quest. If you also install cartographer you can get a waypoint on your screen.

Lightheaded also has links to the other quests in the same chain, so if you're lost in a quest chain, you can refresh your memory.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by JAMerica View Post
                I use a addon called lightheaded that has notes on the quests (culled from wowhead I believe). For each quest it usually gives coordinates for the quest turn in, as well as where to go to complete the quest. If you also install cartographer you can get a waypoint on your screen.

Lightheaded also has links to the other quests in the same chain, so if you're lost in a quest chain, you can refresh your memory.

HTH
                That is perfect. Thanks!

Comment

I'm not sure of a mod for the tradeskill items. I would recommend Bartender3 for the action bars - though I know quite a few people use Bongos (i think Bongos3 is the latest). I've never used Lightheaded but it sounds like QuestHelper would do quite a bit of the same thing. Either way try them with Cartographer and the various Cartographer_Mining, Cartographer_Treasure, etc. addons. Having the little quest points show up on your map is pretty nice.
                  Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
                  Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
                  ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

I'm an addonaholic and have a load of em. For quests the one I like best is the fubar addon called "QuestsFu" that you can get at http://www.wowace.com/wiki/FuBar_QuestsFu. You need to have the main FuBar addon for it and you should check out some of the other Fubar Addons available, like the ones to keep track of your current location, time, money, bag space as well as easy one click access for a lot of other addons you might be using. The main FuBar download list is at http://www.wowace.com/mediawiki/inde...:Addons&from=F

For information on what items are used for what tradeskill I usually look at the tooltip that will popup from my Auctioneer Advanced Suite addon which can be found at http://auctioneeraddon.com/dl/#preview. At the bottom of an items tooltip it will say whether the item is used for a quest, leatherworking, alchemy, etc.

Omen is critical for monitoring your threat level when you are in a instance or raid. It's at http://www.wowace.com/wiki/Omen.

One of my other favorite addons is Cartographer which is an incredible map mod. It's at http://www.wowace.com/wiki/Cartographer.

For keeping track of what's in my bank or organizing my bags I use Bagnon from http://www.wowinterface.com/download...59-Bagnon.html.

I use agUnitFrames for modifying the look of my unit frames and I use trinity bars for a bar mod. Another one I like is simpleminimap which allows me to customize the shape, size and location of my minimap. To manage how my buffs/debuffs are shown I use satrina buff frames. I try to use Ace-2 based mods whenever I can so that by running the WowAceUpdater every time before I play I can be sure to have the most up to date version of my mods.

Comment

Originally posted by Pistos View Post
                      I'm not sure of a mod for the tradeskill items. I would recommend Bartender3 for the action bars - though I know quite a few people use Bongos (i think Bongos3 is the latest). I've never used Lightheaded but it sounds like QuestHelper would do quite a bit of the same thing. Either way try them with Cartographer and the various Cartographer_Mining, Cartographer_Treasure, etc. addons. Having the little quest points show up on your map is pretty nice.
                      I like Bartender3, thanks for the suggestion.

I tried questhelper but I couldn't figure out organize the quests. I think it puts the closest one on the top? Not exactly what I want. If I could put them in the order I want it would use both Lightheaded and questhelper.

Any ideas.

It is amazing what the moders have done. I spent all day today just getting the UI organized. I can see spending hours upon hours tweaking it.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
                        I tried questhelper but I couldn't figure out organize the quests. I think it puts the closest one on the top? Not exactly what I want. If I could put them in the order I want it would use both Lightheaded and questhelper.

Any ideas.
                        I'm sure there are dissenters here but I'm a pretty casual player too so I bought Brian Kopp's Alliance guide and Joana's guide for horde. I print out a section of level 33-36 for example and just cross out the quests as I go. My horde char was 70 at 9 days played so I think it was worth it. Both guides give very specific instructions; accept quest x at coords y and go do it at z then turn in, etc.
                        New to TG?

Comment

For knowing what an item is used for, get Informant. This comes free if you install the full Auctioneer. It also includes Enchantrix, which tells you what things DE into.

If you collect herbs or mine, then get Gatherer, and install the optional database of all known nodes in the game.

At low levels, if you have a hunter or warlock, get Omen to alert you when you'll pull a mob off your pet with too much DPS. As you start to group in instances, it's useful for ensuring that you don't pull off the tank.

Definitely get something that shows coordinates.

You won't be able to reference external data or websites from the game, as a matter of cheat prevention. It's too bad, because it would be a nice feature. The next-best thing is to alt-tab out and have Firefox running.

I'm using Outfitter for managing gear. That includes equipping my swim belt in the water, my fishing gear when fishing, my riding gear when mounted, and my dress when I'm in the city. :p (I had just joined a PUG for Ramparts when someone in the group says "she has less hit points than the priest!" I suddenly realized it was because I had only the Valentine's dress on. I clicked Outfitter to equip my normal tanking togs and my HP shot up back into normal tanking range.)
                          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I like to keep everything as clean as I can:

ArcHud
                            Titan Panel
                            Energy Watch
                            Look under your chair!

Comment

My life is now complete that I've found this one mod.

Altoholic

For a player like me who has lots of characters, I can never remember whether it was my lock or my mage on this quest...or who did I send that primal might to again...my druid or my paladin...

This mod tracks mails, active quests, money, rested experience, factions, bags, currently equipped items, and recipies between characters, and even guild banks...it's amazing. It has a search function...say you type in "Primal Might". It will say that there is a recipe on your druid that uses primal might, and you can mouse over it for the mats. It will say that your alchemist mage has the recipe to make primal might, and here are the mats. Oh, by the way, your druid has five Primal mights on him, the rogue has one, and the Tactical Gamer guild bank has 10.

I had a mod for everything else, that was the last one I needed. I highly recomend it.
                              ALLIANCE ON THUNDERHORN as of 12.1.08:
                              - 78 Combat Rogue | - 70 Discipline Priest | - 70 Affliction/Demonology Warlock
                              - 70 Feral Druid | - 70 Frost Mage | - 70 Beast Mastery Hunter
                              - 70 Retribution Paladin | - 61 Arms Warrior | - 70 Enhancement Shaman

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X