Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Opinion: Vault Gold

To all:

What do you think would be the best use for the gold in our guild vault? We have a few contests coming up that are in the pipeline, but that will barely dent the wealth we have accumulated.

Let's hear your thoughts!

Re: Your Opinion: Vault Gold

Save for epic mounts for members? Of course I don't play enough to generate income to buy an epic mount in the first year of an expansion so that would benefit me greatly... Still an idea though
    BF2142 - ACM/TG Centurien

WoW - Centurion, 77 Priest, Tactical Gamer, Thunderhorn
    Centurien, 52 Warrior
    Cessna, 30 Druid

Comment

Buy mats to make things everyone or the platoons need. (IE: armor kits, drums, LPS, primals, khorium)
      Buy more hearts of darkness
      Buy mats to be bale to use some of the mountain of dust in the bank, like for oils and whatnot
      Pay for respecs of members of platoons that respec for progression fights for whatever reason
      Subsidize extra raiding costs over and above the cost of regular member, whether this is tank repair bills, hunter bullets/arrows, or reagents
      Buy epic/rare gems for general use or to make up deficits for more popular gems (thinking the living red/orange gems in particular)
      Buy consumables, like food (IE: healing food, or w/e we're always out of), or sharpening stones or something

Aestryd 80 Prot Pally / Epimetheus 70 Feral Druid / Yuusei 74 Enhancement Shaman
      Camsmule 70 Fury/Prot Warrior / Tamrissa 70 Affliction Warlock / Aegyn 70 Holy Priest
      Shyff 70 Arcane Mage / Indrus 62 Combat Rogue

Comment

I agree pretty much with all that aegyn said but the following points

Subsidize extra raiding costs over and above the cost of regular member, whether this is tank repair bills, hunter bullets/arrows, or reagents
        Buy epic/rare gems for general use or to make up deficits for more popular gems (thinking the living red/orange gems in particular)
        Buy consumables, like food (IE: healing food, or w/e we're always out of), or sharpening stones or something

These the people should be able to pay for! like reagents, bullets, repair.. but the other stuff well that is different. If people need to respec because the raid needs it then that should be paid for. If someone needs to use special potions for a certain boss fight, like pallies in MH.. then that should be paid for. Gems for certain people, or gems that are short no, should be paid by guild. Food, no, that should be farmed by the people that need to use them.

Comment

I'd say less 'buy' per say, as more create an incentive program for what we need.

Lets say, just like the give outs for Resurgent, we post up a 'wanted' list of X goods over X number of days with a yayout of Y per good every once in a while.

Example:
          We need 80 (4 stacks) of Healing Food (cooked) or Fish (uncooked).
          We'll pay 20g per stack of cooked food and 10g per stack of uncooked and half that after the amount is reached.

So that comes out to 1g per piece of food and 50s per fish donated of that particular item and then 50/25s after the quota has been met. Its true that you COULD sell it for possibly more on the AH, but its an incentive for making those gbank donations that are severly lacking.

Another idea, and one I'm quite in favor of, would be raid reward periods. If a raid is doing well or trying hard to learn a new boss then if the gbank was to be opened up for 3-4 minutes after the raid so that repairs could be made with guild funds that's something that could be left to the raid leaders to rewards the members who stuck it through to the end and did their best. Just have the raid leaders flag down an officer with the power to make it so and get the approval.

Ways to keep funds going into the gbank?

1) Donations. If people donate, good for them
          2) Green weapon drops on raids. Instead of DEing these items for probably dust (which we have an overabundance of) they could be vendored for 7-15g and revenue tossed into the gbank. A few always drop every raid and every little bit counts.
          3) Selling excess. If we have 46 uncut epic green gems then the odds of them being used up any time soon (considering we still get an influx) is pretty slim. If you were to sell 1-2 of those you could make 700-1000g easy. Careful trimming of items we have a serious overstock of (Arcane Dust comes quickly to mind) can generate a generous income.

Paying for respecs asked for by raidleaders to fit a spot.
          Making up shortages or fulfilling requests by buying Hearts of Darkness and/or Nether Vortexs are also a good use.

Personally I think we should try to keep business, and ultimately cash, for raw and relatively easy to acquire goods in the guild. Instead of buying herbs or potions from the AH it might be better to just buy them from guildies.

Why buy Netherbloom off the AH when the guild has a number of herbalists?
          Why buy food off the AH when the guild has plenty of fishers and cooks around?
          Why buy potions off the AH when we have plenty of alchemists?
          My sanity is not in question...
          It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

In agreement w/ the above, just adding my 2 cents.

The value of gold in BC will plummet in WotLK due to the increased ease of earning it at higher levels, so saving it for then will definitely diminish the impact it can have. Lots of great ideas above.

Selling the epic quality gems that we are throwing in the bank that nobody is likely to have a 'need' to use makes great sense - even if we don't get the 300-400g price that some of the more desirable gems command, clearing most of these out will still net several K. Also, as our progression is limited to no small degree by lack of the primary resource (HoD) to craft upgrade pieces, and about to be blocked substantially at the Mother fight if we're not sufficiently stocked to craft all the SR pieces, buying them just makes sense for Resurgent. The same can be said for Nether Vortexes, the primary resource for craftables to aid Delirium's progression.

Regarding using guild funds for repairs... Is it possible to set it up where any guild 'member' rank (mains, not alts) can pay for repairs using guild funds, setting a limit to either 'X' times / week or 'Y' total funds / week? Opening it up to all for a few minutes after a raid is great, but often the big repair is mid-raid, and those who don't raid should still be able to avail themselves of this resource in a similar manner.
            sigpic

Comment

I agree with everything of the above, respecc's are really what I'd like to see it used for as well as gem swap outs for G and other better more viable gems. HoD's we could use as well...just my 1.5 cents
              Doomkin...Tree...or Bear. If your not the above, your not cool! *Note* Alts don't count....

Comment

One way to use capital is as capital: For people who demonstrate reliability, establish some kind of investment system. Not gifts of money, but interest-bearing loans, or even interest-free loans. The lower the risk, the lower the interest.
                Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X