LARP Anyone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LARP Anyone?

Question. Does anyone here go to the Solar Shadowmoor LARP in North Carolina?
    I'm planning on going this weekend for the first time and it would be cool to meet some fellow TGers. :row__573:
    Those interested can go to the website at www.solarinc.org
    I can't wait to be dressed up in my medieval gear, jumping out of bushes and backstabbing travelers with my trusty knife! lol
    Now, if those of you who know me can stop laughing, how has everyone been? :row__572:

"REMEMBER! Pillage first THEN Burn!"

Re: LARP Anyone?

Honestly never heard of it.

Comment

Plz post pics of your costum.

Tarma: 80 Enhancement Shaman | Koliana: 70 Balance Druid
      Salelen: 70 Discipline Priest | Jadrek: 70 Arcane Mage
      Kerowhyn: 67 Retribution Paladin | Talenoth: 69 Unholy Death Knight
      Caldac: 60 Beast Master Hunter | Kamina: 58 Protection Warrior
      Celendra: 45 Combat Rogue

I had it all! I had it all and then I lost it. Lost... all gone... like... my mind. My mind is like... cheese. I like cheese.

Comment

I plan on it. It may be low quality cell phone camera pictures, but pictures none the less lol. I can't wait! I really figured Luna, Ricca or Crebis one would've had a smart comment to make, but so far I'm safe

Comment

LARP = Live Action Roleplay

No offense Caldsteven but these fools crack me up!!!

[media]http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m77/fairbanksf/Stuff/larp.jpg[/media]

[media]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/46/LARP_Sternenfeuer_Treffen.JPG/750px-LARP_Sternenfeuer_Treffen.JPG[/media]
          Lub it on!!!

Comment

I'm back! Had a blast! Lost 6 pounds just from all the running, jumping, sprinting, dodging, ducking, diving, rolling, etc. lol
            Here are the pictures, we couldn't get that many:

This is Me

My Girlfriend

Casey and her Husband

Last edited by caldsteven; 08-18-2008, 06:54 PM.

Comment

hell yea! that stuff is cool! me and my friends just got back from the indiana GENCON, where we bought a TON of boffer weapons (foam swords, shields, etc) We have never LARPed with them, just smacked eachother around but none the less, its fun!
              Do or do not, there is no try. . . - Yoda

Comment

I will admit, at first I thought it was gonna be ridiculous, but after about 15-20 minutes I was loving it! There are people there who take the RPing to the extreme, but most are laid back (they still want you to stay in character but won't tear you apart for slipping up).
                One of the best parts was when I make a Star Wars reference without even realizing it. I was fighting a much much stronger opponent and he said "You're too weak to face me" to which I replied "Your over confidence if your weakness" lol! We both busted out laughing, then he kicked my butt lol
                Still one of the best things was that I got so much exercise, lost 6 pounds and HAD A FREAKIN' BLAST DOING IT!

Comment

I've got volumes full of LARPing manuals... from Darkon to Nero to Dagohir, Belegarth, and Amtgard. I've never tried one of them, but I did have aspirations of starting a league of some sort in my local area. I compromised by getting into airsoft.

Game-theory-wise, LARP is the father of the "augmented reality" gaming we'll soon be getting within the next 10 yrs. In Europe and Scandinavia especially... it's a HUGE phenomenon and one that parents takes their kids to regularly. Instead of taking their kids to Karate or Soccer, they go to LARP and pretend to be goblins storming a castle.

Here's a trailer for the Darkon movie: (I know I've shown you guys this before)
                  [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BHWfXd9Ky8[/media]

Darkon is probably the most publicized of all the systems. It tends to be pretty politically oriented though and very top-heavy from the leadership. A LOT of backstabbing and political wrangling. There are many many layers to it and people seem to get pretty lost in its intricacies.

If you just want to pound on people, Belegarth is your best system. Amtgard is good if you want some magic in your system.

All of these systems will be archaic once aug. reality hits the mainstream though. Swords, armor, etc. all will record strikes on a mainframe system that informs players of their character status (from level, to hit points, to your reputation with the ladies). HUDs will display augmented player effects from casting spells, to special knockbacks. RFIDs will track gear, etc. Above all, you can fight virtual bosses in RL.

LARP might be a joke now... but relatively soon instead of fighting Rags at your computer desk you'll be doing it at your gym or park with a physical group of friends.

For now though, it's boffer weapons, strange accents, and a bunch of folk yelling strange rules at eachother.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X