Arcane Mages Extremely OP in WotLK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arcane Mages Extremely OP in WotLK

I just happened to be browsing the mage talent tree for WotLK and noticed an interesting change to one of the talents. Arcane Potency increases spell crit chance by 30% (rank 2) when mages have the clearcasting effect. In WotLK it's while clearcasting or Presence of Mind is activated. Presence of Mind makes your next spell under 10sec cast time insta cast. PoM stays buffed on you untill you use a spell that has a casting time. Arcane Missiles doesn't trigger the PoM effect....use PoM and spam AM for +30% crit bonus untill you use a spell that consumes PoM. My lvl 68 mage with the crit bonus from Arcane Potency pushes 50%....i'd hate to see what a lvl 80 mage would have for crit...

Tarma: 80 Enhancement Shaman | Koliana: 70 Balance Druid
    Salelen: 70 Discipline Priest | Jadrek: 70 Arcane Mage
    Kerowhyn: 67 Retribution Paladin | Talenoth: 69 Unholy Death Knight
    Caldac: 60 Beast Master Hunter | Kamina: 58 Protection Warrior
    Celendra: 45 Combat Rogue

I had it all! I had it all and then I lost it. Lost... all gone... like... my mind. My mind is like... cheese. I like cheese.

Re: Arcane Mages Extremely OP in WotLK

The talents evolve with each patch, and many of the state effects are "bugged" so difficult to evaluate any one talent.
    Dewi

Comment

Bah, i was hoping you could look into that Dewi :row__536:

Tarma: 80 Enhancement Shaman | Koliana: 70 Balance Druid
      Salelen: 70 Discipline Priest | Jadrek: 70 Arcane Mage
      Kerowhyn: 67 Retribution Paladin | Talenoth: 69 Unholy Death Knight
      Caldac: 60 Beast Master Hunter | Kamina: 58 Protection Warrior
      Celendra: 45 Combat Rogue

I had it all! I had it all and then I lost it. Lost... all gone... like... my mind. My mind is like... cheese. I like cheese.

Comment

Yeah, like the Deathknights summoning 15 ghouls from their spell meant to summon 1 :).

Slight bug! :)
        Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

So far, every day is a new day in the land of ever changing abilities. Testing is a bit precarious, though possible, since some mods are working. I will be grouping up soon, though, as you all know, Dewi is about as engaging as Freddie Krueger.

Comment

Honestly.. after looking through all 3 mage trees, deep frost may be the way to go. Many survival and CC talents available, while offering a plethora of new/enhanced talents that increase spell damage and crit chance. Plus the free, instant cast fireball procured through the frost tree, that just takes the cake imo. ... oh, and the water ele replenishing party mana :-D.

Comment

I've been trying to hold off commenting on mage talents for WotlK. I've already researched every tree deeply and been watching updated WotlK mage movies that people have taken the time to do testing with. Yeah the arcane deep tree is ... lol well... I like the mechanics blizzard is trying to give us with making arcane the instant cast tree, but yeah 3500 consistent crits from arcane barrage is kinda op :P Delicious... but op :P

Though over all it seems blizzard has tried very hard to put the mage tallents as such:

Arcane is the single target nuke
              Fire is the AOE King
              Frost is the best spec all the way around due to the CC, chance to get impact from fire, and the party mana regen from the water elemental being able to be out for 1 minute. Not to mention the chance for insta-free-fireball.

While this may sound extreamly nice for frost I frankly think it's a little retarted. It makes it so that every raiding mage worth thier salt in the group better be frost for that mana arua :(. Granted the arcane tree finaly give a targeted debuff ( the arcane focus: 140 more spell damage to the target for the next 30 seconds or untill 50 charges have been consumed).

I personally will be sticking with arcane because I like the badarse factor arcane gives me (SUPER SHINY MAGE LIGHTNING FTW :D ahh.. shiny... :D). Arcane has finally been transformed enough to raid with (extreamly increased mana efficiency). Not to mention if you go deep enough into fire to get mastery of elements, then clear cast a arcane missile, every wave of arcane missile that crits will give back 30% of the mana cost of Arc missile :P Yummy.

Well thats my rant on mage tallents for now. Of course NOTHING as far as talents is final. Not even when WotlK will be released :P Just remember BC folks. Everyone's talents got changed in significant ways withing the first month rofl ;P

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X