Craft site malfunction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craft site malfunction

:icon41: The craft site is incorrectly saving information. Please do not use it until I fix it.

For those that already have their info saved to the site, it will need to be re-entered/updated once fixed as the data has been corrupted.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Re: Craft site malfunction

I'd like to try to gather some info to help me fix this site. If you have interfaced with the "character edit" page, please answer a few questions below. I believe that is the page that is giving us grief.

What error, if any, did the site give you?
    Do you use Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox for internet browsing?
    What platform do you use? (Windows XP, Vista, Mac, etc)

What professions do your characters know? (limit to those that you've updated on the site)
    Did you possibly hit the Submit button in a crafting section when all the check boxes in that section were empty?
    Do you have other guild members that also tried to update on the crafting site using your computer? (This is concerning a cookie that is passed)

Feel free to use the site in order to copy/paste any errors if you know how to replicate them.

Comment

What error, if any, did the site give you?
      I don't recall getting any errors.

Do you use Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox for internet browsing?
      I initially put in my items on IE (on my laptop). I use both at work but haven't updated anything with Firefox as of yet.

What platform do you use? (Windows XP, Vista, Mac, etc)
      Laptop has XP (which is where I did the initial input). Vista on the main machine from which I probably updated an item recently. XP on both of my work machines that I have viewed on but not updated.

What professions do your characters know? (limit to those that you've updated on the site)
      Enchanting / Tailoring

Did you possibly hit the Submit button in a crafting section when all the check boxes in that section were empty?
      Unlikely but possible

Do you have other guild members that also tried to update on the crafting site using your computer? (This is concerning a cookie that is passed)
      Nope
      Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
      Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
      ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

Found one flaw in my coding. Uploading the new version. For those of you that are in for the long haul, feel free to update your characters.
        The flaw would only happen when an object was selected that your character didn't know and you tried to delete it. It would actually save the names of the people that know the previous item into the deleted field. Example at bottom of the page.

On my todo list is providing a handy print out version so you can keep a hardcopy in case this happens again.

Example:
        Item A - Gaviin, Talara
        Item B - Gaviin, Talara, Wintrow
        Item C - (Empty)
        Item D - (Empty)

If I checked items A, B, and C above and selected "Delete", it would result the below:

Item A - Gaviin
        Item B - Gaviin, Wintrow
        Item C - Gaviin, Wintrow
        Item D - Gaviin, Wintrow

Obviously an issue. Issue fixed. This might be the issue thaty screwed up the Jewelcrafting recipes.

Edit...definitely was the issue. Still fixing.
        Last edited by orion808; 08-29-2008, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Alright, I took down the edit.php page and am testing a newer version. If any would be interested in helping me test it and try to make it fail, please PM me and I'll give you the info to get to the page.

Comment

As far as I can tell, this newer version is good to go.

Please update/fix your character lists as some have been messed up. This means that some items were accidentally added/deleted.

I'm only concerned with IE users atm due to some early tests that Bigslick and I ran. IE wouldn't load the page on the first try, but would if refreshed.

Comment

***Warning. Sarcasm exists in this thread.***

Thank you P...the rest of you suck. Next time I need help, I'll be sure to ask...

***Sarcasm is done.***

Comment

Any reason not to use WoWRoster to track crafting? Then you just upload data collected by the CharacterProfiler addon to update your skills list. I'm also using the Missing Recipes plugin to determine what crafting recipes I don't have yet.

http://matureasskickers.net/wowroster/MA/
                Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Wowroster is bloated and requires an in-game addon. Some of our people don't use many addons. What I have made in the crafting site is something slim and user-friendly. We are only listing recipes that are unique (require faction/farming to acquire).

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X