Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WotLK: Changes to racial abilities

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...03&sid=2000#97

Changes that should be in the next beta push. Bear in mind that some of these may change somewhat or entirely, and there may also be other changes coming in subsequent pushes:

Orc
    - Hardiness now reduces the duration of stun effects by 15%

Troll
    - Racial Passive "The Voodoo Shuffle": Reduces the duration of all movement impairing effects by 15%. Trolls be flippin' out mon!

- Berserking: no longer has an activation cost of energy/rage/etc

Draenei
    - Gift of the Naaru: now scales based on the higher of either the caster's Attack Power or Spell Power

Dwarf
    - Frost Resistance: reduces the chance to be hit by Frost spells by 2%

Undead
    - Shadow Resistance: reduces the chance to be hit by Shadow spells by 1% (yes, this is lower than the other resistance racials)

Night Elf
    - Quickness: reduces the chance to be hit by melee or ranged attacks by 2%

- Nature Resistance: reduces the chance to be hit by Nature spells by 3%

Tauren
    - Endurance: now scales based on base health, to be tuned to approximately a 5% heath increase if the player were wearing green quality gear

- Nature Resistance: reduces the chance to be hit by Nature spells by 2%

Gnome
    - Escape Artist: the freeing effect can no longer be resisted

- Arcane Resistance: reduces the chance to be hit by Arcane spells by 2%

Blood Elf
    - Mana Tap: ability removed (partially integrated into Arcane Torrent)

- Arcane Torrent: restores 15 energy, 15 runic power, or 6% of mana to the Blood Elf (along with the current 2s silence effect)

Human
    - Perception: changed to a passive, now grants one character level of passive stealth detection

- Racial "The Fall of Humanity": Feign death which may trick enemies into ignoring you. Any threat is restored versus enemies still in combat upon cancellation of this effect. 5min cooldown

- Racial Passive "Human Supremacy": The dominance of Humanity is evidenced by having one more racial bonus than normal. Actually, make that two counting this one. (just a tooltip, no actual functionality)
    sigpic

Re: WotLK: Changes to racial abilities

Cheers to a buff to Quickness! Everything else seems like a change from static Resistance numbers (a pathetic amount for that matter) to percent chance to full resist.

Humans also get a feign death as if they weren't overpowered enough with two weapon specs, improved stealth detection (now passive), and diplomacy.
    My sanity is not in question...
    It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

The improved stealth detection is actually a pretty severe (and needed) nerf, not a buff. The on-use perception was much more powerful and gave a substantial advantage in arenas.
      sigpic

Comment

with what I read with the FD.. it does not clear agro.. I may be wrong with that one though.

Comment

Originally posted by shirokuma View Post
          with what I read with the FD.. it does not clear agro.. I may be wrong with that one though.
          It doesn't clear aggro, so isn't a full dump. Basically an oh $#!% ability to use (and stop attacking) till the tank overtakes your position on threat.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlick View Post
            It doesn't clear aggro, so isn't a full dump. Basically an oh $#!% ability to use (and stop attacking) till the tank overtakes your position on threat.
            So its slightly better than Fade ;).
            Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
            Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
            ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

yup, and it can be resisted...woot

Aestryd 80 Prot Pally / Epimetheus 70 Feral Druid / Yuusei 74 Enhancement Shaman
              Camsmule 70 Fury/Prot Warrior / Tamrissa 70 Affliction Warlock / Aegyn 70 Holy Priest
              Shyff 70 Arcane Mage / Indrus 62 Combat Rogue

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X