Okinawa Bound!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okinawa Bound!!!

This is a question to all those who've been to Oki. I need insight from someone who'll give it to me straight (coz Lord knows my detailer will never give me an honest answer....they need to meet their quota!), from someone who's been there, done that!

Need to know about housing, schools, what do I have to look forward to!

So....hit me!
    Just call me Princess

Re: Okinawa Bound!!!

I havent' been to okinawa per se, but I did live in Japan. Are you moving there to teach or something? For some reason, I remember that you're part of the marines? (correct me if I'm wrong) If so, will whomever is moving you there (company, military, etc.) help with placement or are you having to go directly through a Japanese real estate agent? Either way, I'd read up on BBC, reuters, and your American news agency of choice (all three) about anything involving military (or eikaiwa [private english schools]) and whatever city you're heading to. Main reason for this is to know what the general temperament is of the area, as it can change radically from area to area.

Other than that, what exactly do you mean by schools? English courses? University? Eikaiwa?

Aestryd 80 Prot Pally / Epimetheus 70 Feral Druid / Yuusei 74 Enhancement Shaman
    Camsmule 70 Fury/Prot Warrior / Tamrissa 70 Affliction Warlock / Aegyn 70 Holy Priest
    Shyff 70 Arcane Mage / Indrus 62 Combat Rogue

Comment

NAVY!!! lol! But yeah I'll be playing with the Marines :) School is mainly for my kids, but I guess they'll be going to the DoD school system. Not sure exactly which part of Oki they'll be sending us, we'll find out in hopefully a week or so, but we're projecting to be in country in less than 12wks. Military housing wait list is greater than 6 months, so I have to seek housing off base. Won't be able to pick a location until I get hard copy orders, but I'd like to keep my options open. Not much prep time but I guess it's good enough for the government.
      Just call me Princess

Comment

my brother is in the navy on Okinawa...Has been there almost two years now. He likes it. Lives off base with his filipina wife. Says he enjoys the people here as much as he did in sicily. That sounds good.
        sigpic
        |TG-1st|Grunt
        ARMA Admin (retired)
        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Alright, I don't know how much time you have to try get yourself squared away, but when I went to Japan and found out that they wouldn't let me get an apartment without a job first, I used leopalace. it's a company that basicalyl makes its money off of renting out (fully furnished) apartments and condos and whatnot at slightly inflated prices for the long or short-term. The places tend to be new(ish), and hygenic. I found their webpage, but didn't bother looking around very much.

http://www.eg.leopalace21.com/index.html

Aestryd 80 Prot Pally / Epimetheus 70 Feral Druid / Yuusei 74 Enhancement Shaman
          Camsmule 70 Fury/Prot Warrior / Tamrissa 70 Affliction Warlock / Aegyn 70 Holy Priest
          Shyff 70 Arcane Mage / Indrus 62 Combat Rogue

Comment

Good luck on your move, Carm! You still gonna be able to raid?
            BF2142 - ACM/TG Centurien

WoW - Centurion, 77 Priest, Tactical Gamer, Thunderhorn
            Centurien, 52 Warrior
            Cessna, 30 Druid

Comment

I have to 2 months to pack my stuff, get all my proper docs in order and report in January. I will be on and off and yeah I will be raiding lol.
              Just call me Princess

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X