Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long will my gear last me?

This is straight from WoW Insider:

Low-end epics will be replaced in most cases by level 71 or 72, but can sometimes last as far as the mid-70's. High-end quality epics will carry you quite a bit farther, to level 78ish, and in many cases, all the way to level 80.

I know that item stats haven't been finalized yet in the beta, and with a few tweaks, all of this could change. But for now, forecasting the future as best I can, this seems to be the pattern. Should you continue, in these final months of the Burning Crusade, to grind out gear upgrades for your Characters? I'd say absolutely, positively "yes."

If your Character is in a progressive raiding guild, continue the push. Sunwell gear will in most cases trump anything you find before the new end-game. Those epics your guild worked so hard to earn will help you gain the next ten levels and only be replaced as you gear up to enter the expansion's first raid.

If PvP is your thing, you won't find much worth ditching that Brutal Gladiator's set for until you get to the level 80 season 5 set. It's possible that you might encounter the odd piece that tempts you to break the set, but we won't see anything similar to what we saw at the beginning of the last expansion. You certainly won't want to drop your high-end purples for anything you'll find in the first few zones of Northrend.

So rest easy. Your epics will have value when Wrath hits. There simply isn't going to be any sort of hard gear reset this time around. Tell any guildies who might be resting on their laurels, waiting for the expansion to hit, that they need to get off their butts and keep pushing. Black Temple gear, Hyjal gear, even Zul'Aman gear, will last you substantially longer than Kara gear, so get moving. Get that raid organized or puff up that Arena rating, so when the expansion comes, you can blow through it like the glass cannons you are.
    Lub it on!!!

Re: How long will my gear last me?

I just snapped up the [item]Dawnsteel Shoulders[/item] pattern for 175g, before realizing they might go prematurely obsolete. Should I go ahead and make them?
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

If the market keeps crashing price wise then it might not be too bad to gather the mats for it.
      Lub it on!!!

Comment

<-- wishes he would have sold all of his excess mats 2 months ago, when prices were insane :-(

Comment

The only mats that will see a dramatic increase in price will be herbs when the patch hits due to inscriptions because of the insane amount you need to get the inks milled. Similar to how metal ores hiked to highs when jewelcrafting came out.

All in all MH/BT gear will probably serve you as well as Naxx gear did in TBC...up to level 76-78 blues. Its the KZ/Badge/Gruul/Mags gear that will get dropped the soonest (MC/ZG type loot) and after that will come SSC/TK/ZA loot (BWL/AQ20/AQ40).
          My sanity is not in question...
          It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

So what sort of mats will be useless to keep?
            "It is a FALSE lie!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Dizzaray View Post
              So what sort of mats will be useless to keep?
              While there'll be a dip initially as a lot of people dump their BC mats to clear bag space, I'm betting most mats that are useful for leveling professions will recover and retain their present-day value (look at vision dust, runecloth, etc) even if they're not the 'current' staple in WotLK. The ones that will drop value permanently will be those that are required for specific craftables that may not be as great for leveling professions but resulted in what for BC is had been fantastic gear (something you'd keep a long time). Examples might be primal nethers, shadow/spell/primal mooncloth, and cobra scales.

Herbs will skyrocket, to be sure - a lot of the 'beginner' herbs like peacebloom, briarthorn, liferoot etc will jump a lot as they're relatively unfarmed now and are required for the earliest levels of inscription.
              sigpic

Comment

is there a place to see what herbs will be needed to level the new profession? because i plan on dropping enchanting for it come the patch, was wondering what i should be stocking up on while prices are low.

Comment

http://wotlkwiki.info/index.php/Insc...n#tab=Reagents

Aestryd 80 Prot Pally / Epimetheus 70 Feral Druid / Yuusei 74 Enhancement Shaman
                  Camsmule 70 Fury/Prot Warrior / Tamrissa 70 Affliction Warlock / Aegyn 70 Holy Priest
                  Shyff 70 Arcane Mage / Indrus 62 Combat Rogue

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X