Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BG Honor is reset for WotLK

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...43252440&sid=1

As many of you know we will be featuring a new Battleground, a dedicated world PvP zone and all new PvP items in Wrath of the Lich King. In order to make the transition from The Burning Crusade to Wrath of the Lich King flow as smoothly as possible, all accrued honor points will be reset at the launch of the expansion. We do this to ensure select players do not have an unfair advantage at level 80 from stockpiling honor to instantly purchase the newest Wrath of the Lich King PvP rewards. For those with unspent honor points prior to the release of the expansion, we will be offering a few upgrades and special rewards in next content patch solely for purchase via the honor system.
    sigpic

Re: BG Honor is reset for WotLK

WEAK SAUCE! guess i'm done doing BG's... do we still keep our marks?

Comment

Originally posted by Amalie View Post
      WEAK SAUCE! guess i'm done doing BG's... do we still keep our marks?
      They just posted that marks will be wiped as well.
      sigpic

Comment

wow.. that's r-tarded, oh well.. lol.. guess i'll only play tuesdays for raid night then. maybe some arena here and there for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlick View Post
          They just posted that marks will be wiped as well.
          Yay more bag space ;).
          Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
          Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
          ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Pistos View Post
            Yay more bag space ;).
            Actually they have a separate 'storage' for marks, tokens, etc in the xpac, so you don't have to cut down from your current 20 hours/day, P.
            sigpic

Comment

Marks will, of course, be wiped on the advent of the patch and not WotLK.

Remember, all currently held 'token' items are getting nuked in favor of the currency tab system so all marks , badges of honor, and spirit shards will be transfered to a nontangible token. Yay! More bag space and no more annoying mark cap.
              My sanity is not in question...
              It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post
                Marks will, of course, be wiped on the advent of the patch and not WotLK.
                I think you've misread this one. They said in the blue post that honor would be wiped at launch of the xpac, not the patch, and in a followup blue post that marks would be wiped as well. To wipe marks before wiping honor would prevent you from spending the honor, as marks are required for almost all purchases.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlick View Post
                  I think you've misread this one. They said in the blue post that honor would be wiped at launch of the xpac, not the patch, and in a followup blue post that marks would be wiped as well. To wipe marks before wiping honor would prevent you from spending the honor, as marks are required for almost all purchases.
                  Well I was wrong, but you misunderstood anyways.

I was assuming that marks are going to be converted to the currency token system at patch 3.0.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Before you go blowing your honor, points, and marks there was mention of new items that will be made available before WOTLK. Anyone seen the gear/items they are proposing?
                    "Uhhhh.... Try this HOT and let me know how it goes."

Comment

Taken from Wow Insider:

There are no prices or timelines on when these items will be released, either -- we'd imagine that they'll come out with patch 3.0.2 (Vaneras says "the next content patch") and that the actual wipe will come with the Wrath release patch.

Cloak of Certain Reprieve
                      Binds when picked up
                      Back
                      130 Armor
                      +42 Stamina
                      +18 Intellect
                      Requires Level 70
                      Equip: Improves your resilience rating by 28 (0.71% @ L70).
                      Equip: Restores 8 mana per 5 sec.
                      Equip: Increases spell power by 33.

Sergeant's Reinforced Cape
                      Binds when picked up
                      Back
                      130 Armor
                      +42 Stamina
                      +26 Intellect
                      Requires Level 70
                      Equip: Improves your resilience rating by 30 (0.76% @ L70).
                      Equip: Increases spell power by 33.

The Gladiator's Resolution
                      Binds when picked up
                      Back
                      130 Armor
                      +42 Stamina
                      Requires Level 70
                      Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 26 (1.18% @ L70).
                      Equip: Improves your resilience rating by 20 (0.51% @ L70).
                      Equip: Increases attack power by 56.
                      Equip: Increases your armor penetration rating by 18

Volanthius Shroud
                      Binds when picked up
                      Back
                      130 Armor
                      +42 Stamina
                      Requires Level 70
                      Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 19 (0.86% @ L70).
                      Equip: Improves your resilience rating by 28 (0.71% @ L70).
                      Equip: Improves haste rating by 18 (1.14% @ L70).
                      Equip: Increases spell power by 33

Battlemaster's Resolve
                      Binds when picked up
                      Trinket
                      Requires Level 70
                      Equip: Increases attack power by 120.
                      Use: Increases maximum health by 1750 for 15 sec. Shares cooldown with other Battlemaster's trinkets. (3 Min Cooldown)

Battlemaster's Courage
                      Binds when picked up
                      Trinket
                      Requires Level 70
                      Equip: Increases spell power by 70.
                      Use: Increases maximum health by 1750 for 15 sec. Shares cooldown with other Battlemaster's trinkets. (3 Min Cooldown)

Battlemaster's Celerity
                      Binds when picked up
                      Trinket
                      Requires Level 70
                      Equip: Improves haste rating by 60 (3.8% @ L70).

Battlemaster's Aggression
                      Binds when picked up
                      Trinket
                      Requires Level 70
                      Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 60 (2.72% @ L70).

Please note that Gems that have been acquired through Honor will no longer be unique-equipped after the release of Patch 3.0.2. Also, they will no longer Bind on Pickup.
                      Lub it on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post
                        Remember, all currently held 'token' items are getting nuked in favor of the currency tab system so all marks , badges of honor, and spirit shards will be transfered to a nontangible token. Yay! More bag space and no more annoying mark cap.
                        That is very good news. I remember reading someone propose a "wallet" that would do for tokens what the keyring did for keys, and now it looks like they're implementing it.

Between this and the freeing up of slots that hold mounts and vanity pets, it seems we'll get a nice bonus of bag space with the expansion.

I wonder if all the collectible stuff in Un'goro will go in the wallet, like soil, morrowgrain, and the power crystals?
                        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I highly doubt it since those are actual usable and sellable items.

Everything I've seen mentioned as turning into currency are bind on pickup token items that are used with vendors.

Things like Apexis Shards probably won't get changed since they're used to power gear and buy flasks as well as vendor currency.

Its also not a wallet similar to key rings either because then you'd still have to follow item stack limits. It'll be something similar to how gold is tracked with characters except for different types of currency.

Comment

We had hoped that the introduction of some new Honor rewards in the upcoming patch would give players a great opportunity to spend any of their remaining Honor. However, many players would still be surprised by an Honor and token reset as it isn’t something we’ve done in the past. As such, we've decided to not reset Honor or tokens upon the release of Wrath of the Lich King. Players who save their Honor will be able to spend it on level 80 rewards, although those rewards will be significantly more expensive than their level 70 counterparts.
                            Found this on MMO Champion, Reference
                            Uglyduck - Spec varies - Currently Prot
                            MMORPG = Many Men Online Role-Playing as Girls

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse