low level areas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• low level areas

I'm trying to put together a little guide for a friend of mine whos considering playing wow and I need to know what all of the areas are one would be playing in while under level 20, for both horde and alliance. Can anyone help me out?

Re: low level areas

you want just names of the zones, or quest/walkthroughs?

Aestryd 80 Prot Pally / Epimetheus 70 Feral Druid / Yuusei 74 Enhancement Shaman
    Camsmule 70 Fury/Prot Warrior / Tamrissa 70 Affliction Warlock / Aegyn 70 Holy Priest
    Shyff 70 Arcane Mage / Indrus 62 Combat Rogue

Comment

Blizz has a getting started guide on their website that has pretty much everything you may need to know about....getting started.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/#gettingstarted

HTH

Comment

Race - Zones up to 30 - Main City
        ---------------------------------
        Alliance
        Human - Elwynn Forest (1-10), Westfall (10-20), Redridge (15-25), Duskwood (18-30) - Stormwind
        Nigh Elf - Teldrasill (1-10), Darkshore (10-20), Ashenvale (18-30) - Darnassus
        Gnomes and Dwarfs - Dun Morogh (1-10), Loch Modan (10-20), Wetlands (20-30) - Ironforge
        Draenei (BC) - Azuremyst Isle (1-10), Bloodmyst Isle (10-20), Wherever - Exodar

*Note: Some night elfs, gnomes, and dwarfs choose to buy a port from their capital to stormwind and continue their leveling in the human zones due to the faster leveling. Draenei typically go there as well after bloodmyst.

Horde
        Tauren - Mulgore (1-10), The Barrens (10-25), Stonetalon Mountains (15-27) - Thunderbluff
        Orc and Trolls - Durator (1-10), The Barrens (10-25), Stonetalon Mountains (15-27) - Orgrimmar
        Undead - Tirisfal Glades (1-10), Silverpine Forest (10-20), Hillsbrad Foothills (20-30) - Undercity
        Blood Elf (BC) - Eversong Woods (1-10), Ghostlands (10-20), Wherever - Silvermoon
        ---------------------------------

Teach your friend how to uses wowhead or thottbot and they'll be good. Oh yeah and all the other basics. For example, I didn't know what pvp flagged meant until I was in stv and found out the hard way.

Comment

I recommend http://WoWWiki.com. Look stuff up there, then use their links to Thottbott/Wowhead/Allakhazam/Armory for more details and commentary.

And the best thing about a wiki is that if you see something you think needs changing, you can!

http://www.wowwiki.com/Special:Contr.../ScratchMonkey
          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

oh scratch...14/41/0? really? That makes me a bit sad.. :(
            Last edited by Aestryd; 09-25-2008, 05:18 PM. Reason: spec numbers wrong

Aestryd 80 Prot Pally / Epimetheus 70 Feral Druid / Yuusei 74 Enhancement Shaman
            Camsmule 70 Fury/Prot Warrior / Tamrissa 70 Affliction Warlock / Aegyn 70 Holy Priest

Comment

Originally posted by Aegyn View Post
              oh scratch...14/41/0? really? That makes me a bit sad.. :(
              Why? It's been working for me pretty well.

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

<shrug> It works, it's just not optimal for tanking is all. I can understand the niche that the spec fulfills, and more power to ya if you enjoy it. It's just that from a tanking point of view, it feels woefully inefficient to me. Efficiency has different mileage (fun>efficiency), so just disregard my comment:)

Mostly just wanted to actually *talk* to you on the boards, as I can't remember ever directly replying to anything you said, or vice versa. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Aegyn View Post
                  <shrug> It works, it's just not optimal for tanking is all. I can understand the niche that the spec fulfills, and more power to ya if you enjoy it. It's just that from a tanking point of view, it feels woefully inefficient to me. Efficiency has different mileage (fun>efficiency), so just disregard my comment:)

Mostly just wanted to actually *talk* to you on the boards, as I can't remember ever directly replying to anything you said, or vice versa. :P
                  No ego to wound here about my spec. I'm always open to suggestions and criticism. Tell me why it's not efficient. We're about to get a talent wipe for the new system so I'm going to have to rethink it all anyway. From what I've heard we'll get multiple "presets" so I'd set up a tank and healer preset, and perhaps a DPS preset.

In going with that spec, I initially went for the prot/aoe build for ease of leveling, and then pushed to the 41 point talent. After that, I find I like healing, so I often off-heal when I'm not tanking. Some of the holy talents are to avoid interrupts and fears.

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
                    No ego to wound here about my spec. I'm always open to suggestions and criticism. Tell me why it's not efficient. We're about to get a talent wipe for the new system so I'm going to have to rethink it all anyway. From what I've heard we'll get multiple "presets" so I'd set up a tank and healer preset, and perhaps a DPS preset.
                    Would you be available to talk on TS? Both about spec before 3.0 patch, and after? I'd prefer a back and forth type thing, without completely hijacking this thread (more than already). Send me a PM on the forums here, either way..

Comment

wow, totally not a thread hyjack x2 =P