Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oct. 14: S4 end confirmed, patch likely

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...35470483&sid=1
    We’re currently planning to end the fourth Arena season on October 14, 2008, and as always -- this date could easily change. This Arena Season is only ending in respect to the ladder, meaning we'll be taking a snapshot of the season's ladder and then go through our normal process to determine who is eligible for the end-of-season rewards. This process should take approximately one week. It's very important for players who feel that they may be eligible for the arena-specific title and/or Armored Nether Drake to refrain from transferring their character to another realm between the date outlined above, and when the end-of-season rewards are physically awarded.

Upon the end of this Arena Season, teams and ratings will not be wiped, and will carry forward allowing players to earn points each week and purchase gear until the launch of the expansion (November 13, 2008).
    In an earlier blue post, they'd indicated they would be ending S4 at release of the patch, so it's a pretty safe bet that we'll see the patch on 10/14 as well.
    sigpic

Re: Oct. 14: S4 end confirmed, patch likely

Kewl... That should make raids interesting on that day...
    BF2142 - ACM/TG Centurien

WoW - Centurion, 77 Priest, Tactical Gamer, Thunderhorn
    Centurien, 52 Warrior
    Cessna, 30 Druid

Comment

Raiding will be dead on that day and for a few days after due to people redoing their UI and fiddling with mods.

The 30% decrease in all TBC raiding mobs will be very interesting though. Nice way for blizzard to keep people raiding by making success and progress go that much faster.
      My sanity is not in question...
      It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Pretty sure the nerf in Hp is to help make up for the fact that buffs no longer stack (lower dps) and no more chain potting. Hopefully it will work out for the best but we shall see.

Comment

Dom,

At least from the Rogue perspective, DPS is actually expected to be a good deal *higher* in 3.0, and testing so far has confirmed that. Obviously things can still change but I doubt so much as to bring DPS below its current level. I would imagine that other classes are in the same boat, which would mean that our raiding after 3.0 *should be* a bit of a joke. Of course we still have to concentrate, execute, and not make stupid mistakes, which has proven to be difficult for us from time to time.
          Ninja

Comment

Well come the patch I'm not sure if we will have kings in the raid and battle shout/ might no longer stack. I'm hoping overall Dps does go up along with Hp going down might make healers happy I know there has been a few times people say they are using pots whenever they come up but you cant do that anymore. Also gav if raiding is a joke come the patch are we going to try and down vashj/kael before the expansion so everyone can get their rings?

Comment

Slick and Cab both do more dps in beta unbuffed than they do fully raid-buffed in live. DPS overall will be substantially higher after raid buffs are applied, irregardless of the fact that they don't all apply or stack the same as before. That coupled with the fact that healers put out much stronger heals and have new healing tools available to them, raid mobs/bosses have a 30% health nerf, and that they deal less physical damage will make them..... easy.

And oh yeah, I want that ring!
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, as Slick mentioned, the DPS that people are seeing (at least for Rogues) is significantly higher just soloing. So with raid buffs, regardless of how they've been changed, things will be nuts.

And yeah, we'll try to get as much done as possible in the weeks until the expansion hits.
                Ninja

Comment

DPS has went up in all factors, I've played all druid forms--mages are up tons--warriors, pallies are now demi gods, hunters, locks...all of it. DPS has it seems nearly doubled, we took down akama in 23 seconds last night on the PTR...that has got to tell you something. BT will likely be cleared in one night to Resurgents current Farm status progression point, most certainly the same with hyjal and the rest. I think people should be thinking about archi too. I would rather see all T5/T6(Pre-Sunwell) cleared 100% before the expansion than hitting it off in Sunwell, as I know I can't be there other than sundays on the occasion, which i noticed have now been suspended, as mine were just opened up lol, i now won't be there for sure...like normal really lol. I would have loved to have seen some of this stuff though, and especially seen some gear upgrades before expansion, i really wanted T6 heh. Just don't think its gonna be hard guys, even our worst nights should be better than the pugs i've seen, and we still did good in those, 1 pug(last nights) we got to Council, in about 2 hours, so...ya.

I just hope you guys got the strats cleared out and ready to get them down.
                  Doomkin...Tree...or Bear. If your not the above, your not cool! *Note* Alts don't count....

Comment

DPS across the board will be going up regardless of the buffs stacking or what not. We're also getting a whole slew of new toys to play around with and make that even better. Where people are seeing a DPS decreases is from the retweeks or abilities and spells we wish we were having due to retooling over time.

A DPS increase that's not as big as what we wanted is still a DPS increase.

The problem will stem from the loss of aggro reduction tools like tranquil air (which we never used anyways) and blessing of Salv (salv is a crutch!). At long last Lilly and Folgers will finally stop pestering for Salvation buffs. Then again threat generation was also ramped up across the board and we can trust Gav and Aeryck to have their rogueish misdirections up every cooldown as well as the hunters. ^_^

Saddly hunters lost their high burst damage component since we now have no high cast/high damage spell in our arsenal. Kill shot could count, but we don't get that till WotLK and its only under 35%.
                    My sanity is not in question...
                    It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Rogue misdirect? I know only of a DPS-increasing ability that we will use on each other...
                      Ninja

Comment

Threat generation for tanks has been beefed up to where salv is pretty much 'included.' It will be interesting to see how mana flow runs with the new system in a 25-man. The only fight that we do now that I can see possibly giving us almost more trouble would be phase two of RoS, where with increased dps the healers will have to work extra hard to keep us from killing ourselves that much more quickly.
                        sigpic

Comment

Even that won't be hard, mana regen got beefed, theres new spells that will handle it all, and its gonna play out just fine, especially since now we can treat RoS isn't a dps race, it will be a survival race, like archi...endurance--dps isnt the key, lack of dps will be so we can live through it...well you get the point :P
                          Doomkin...Tree...or Bear. If your not the above, your not cool! *Note* Alts don't count....

Comment

I actually am far more concerned about mana regeneration.

Slick mentioned bigger heals because of no more down ranking, this is true, but down ranking also added significant mana efficiency which has been lost by these changes. For example, Resto shaman are noticing significant mana regeneration issues now because of the extra 200 mana cost on CH along with the high costs/low coefficients on HW/LHW, along with our mana regeneration not scaling as well as any other healing class (no half mana restored on certain heals like Pali's/Priests, 5SR meaning nothing for a shaman). The potion nerf makes this even harder. Even the "mana fix" of making our crits use a charge of water shield actually creates problems because we now need to use a GCD every 10 seconds to refresh water shield after the 3 charges are gone.

Oh and we have to completely re-gem our gear out of +healing to survive using replenishment so +int and +int/mp5 becomes king.

Overall, I am fairly concerned about the state of Resto Shaman. While the versatility they are adding (HW and LHW not sucking as much, Riptide), the fact we won't be able to spam a heal like other healing classes because of mana regeneration considerations is not a fun situation.

Oh yeah, and while they are adding functionality for HW/LHW, they still believe that CH is our primary heal, but they won't don't do anything that will actually improve it because it is overpowered (which i don't disagree with).

Not a fun state to be in.
                            Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

That part is true a bit sajier, but you guys have to factor in--fights are gonna last a lot less time--HP nerfs--DPS output increased AMAZINGLY--there are new heals all together, off spec's are allowing more regen but JUST as good +healing and healing capabilities as the full resto spec's--pallies can be full ret or full prot and heal with unlimited mana--it will scale at 80, until then, that's totally a possibly to just go and blow on mana and use the off spec to regen it....
                              Last edited by Gaiaghost07; 10-06-2008, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X