Attn: Raiding in Lich King

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attn: Raiding in Lich King

Please read this important post concerning end-game raiding with TG in the expansion. You will need to take action if you are interested.
    70 Priest

Re: Attn: Raiding in Lich King

Looks like most folks are unable to post in threads in the Announcements forums. Feel free to post reactions is this thread, or the one in General Discussion.
    70 Priest

Comment

Are the 4 nights going to be a constent even if the nights are/may move around?
      or will there be a reduction to 3 nights a week ?
      Or
      Am I asking a question to which time can only tell how the majority feel?
      Not Here To Make cents, Just Change

Comment

Originally posted by Derria View Post
        Are the 4 nights going to be a constent even if the nights are/may move around?
        or will there be a reduction to 3 nights a week ?
        Or
        Am I asking a question to which time can only tell how the majority feel?
        It's too early to say with any definitiveness what the schedule will look like exactly. However, once everything shakes out I would expect to see these raids scheduled on the same 4 nights week to week. We will continue to shift the schedule or build the roster (e.g recruit externally) to the point that we are able to raid 4 nights per week in 25man content, so a reduction to 3 nights a week would be a last resort. The only fluctuation in the schedule that I could envision might be a rotating 4th night (e.g. Friday one week, Saturday the next) to accommodate interest, although this too would not be ideal in my mind.

Hopefully this answers your question to a reasonable extent at this stage of the game.
        70 Priest

Comment

Would it be possible to first start out with a 3 a week raid at a start and then go to a 4 a week. This will allow people to do what they need to do in WOTK either get badges, get extra loot from heroics.. Play the game.. Way I see it is if there are 4 25 mans right away that leaves 3 days (tuesday, friday, saturday) to do other instances/zones but two of those days friday and saturday are usualy days people go out to drink, socialize or to have a life. This leaves very little time for the other instances. Yes the time frame leaves around 40 days to get to 80, do 10 mans before the 25 mans will allow very little time for people to play their class and learn it. I will do 4 a week if that is what the GUILD picks but I think 3 a week at the start gives ample time to do the 25 mans, get gear and learn the class/changes. THEN once people start finishing off the 5 mans, heroics, badge gear then move to 4 a week. I figure it will prob take a week or 2 to get to lvl 80.. I won't be playing constanly 24 hrs a day to get to 80.. This leaves a week or so before we start doing 10 mans.. I figure once we start doing 10 mans we will be spending at least 3-4 days on these 10 mans to resolve them. I know defiant took a while before they finished off KZ and stopped going there. I personally would like to first start out with 3 a week 25 man raiding then go to 4 a week later on.

Comment

The raid schedule is not currently set in stone, nor will it be for several months. Shiro's comments are valid and things like this will be taken into consideration once we start raiding again at level 80 and are able to evaluate prevailing opinions at that time.
            70 Priest

Comment

I'd just like to say that as a leader of a squad, the plans of Resurgent's raiding are not necessarily the plans of the entire guild. The main post would have been better entitled "Resurgent Raiding in Lich King". My plans for Visions can be found here.

The main overview is this:
              1.) Start Date: Beginning of February.
              2.) All current Visions members will remain Visions members, if they so wish.

If anyone has any questions about Visions, please PM or whisper me in game.
              Last edited by Drewidism; 10-06-2008, 03:52 PM. Reason: Because I can
              ALLIANCE ON THUNDERHORN as of 12.1.08:
              - 78 Combat Rogue | - 70 Discipline Priest | - 70 Affliction/Demonology Warlock
              - 70 Feral Druid | - 70 Frost Mage | - 70 Beast Mastery Hunter
              - 70 Retribution Paladin | - 61 Arms Warrior | - 70 Enhancement Shaman

Comment

Drew I think Wintrow covered that in the second sentence:

"While it should be very clear that I am speaking from a Resurgent standpoint in this post, I would also like to emphasize up-front that there will always be a place in TG for existing and future squads as long as there is interest in such activities."
                Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
                Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
                ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

Reading ftw!
                  Ninja

Comment

Thank you for clarifying that point Pistos.

While I had noticed that sentence, the base post in announcements was labeled "Tactical Gamer raiding in Lich King." While I understand that a specific core group of the Resurgent raid platoon often uses "Tactical Gamer Raiding" and "Resurgent Raiding" interchangeably, this is not in actuality the case.

Simply put, I was informing the guild on a whole that the Visions squad specifically would be continuing in Lich King, since other groups were not mentioned by name. That could have led to confusion about thinking that other groups would have been disbanded and thrown back into the general pool of members, and that groups would be re-established at a later date.

We need to remember that what makes us great as a guild is not just the top-end raiding. What makes us great as a guild is that we have different groups at various levels of raiding progression and speed. This means that whether you're a freshly minted top-level, or a transfer in to the server with mid-range raiding epics, or a heavy raider with higher end epics...there will always be a place for you to fit in at your current progression. Therefore, it is important that every individual group have a plan.

I feel that certain people need to be reminded of these points every now and then, so there it is.
                    ALLIANCE ON THUNDERHORN as of 12.1.08:
                    - 78 Combat Rogue | - 70 Discipline Priest | - 70 Affliction/Demonology Warlock
                    - 70 Feral Druid | - 70 Frost Mage | - 70 Beast Mastery Hunter
                    - 70 Retribution Paladin | - 61 Arms Warrior | - 70 Enhancement Shaman

Comment

Originally posted by Drewidism View Post
                      We need to remember that what makes us great as a guild is not just the top-end raiding. What makes us great as a guild is that we have different groups at various levels of raiding progression and speed. This means that whether you're a freshly minted top-level, or a transfer in to the server with mid-range raiding epics, or a heavy raider with higher end epics...there will always be a place for you to fit in at your current progression. Therefore, it is important that every individual group have a plan.

I feel that certain people need to be reminded of these points every now and then, so there it is.
                      Now that's an interesting point that oddly makes your gesture meaningless. WotLK comes out 11/13/08 and Visions will start operations 02/01/09 from what you indicated in your earlier post. That means you're giving your current members roughly a tad less than 4 months to get to 80 and geared up. Everyone will progress a different speeds and it is inevitiable that some will out pace others as they can invest more time/effort in their characters. In that case it may be more beneficial to rejoin the 'member pool' as you put it and then re-enter the raiding scene when they deem themselves fit. If that means they'll do so in less than a month like the date Trow has set or in over 3 months at the day you have set is entirely up to them.

Our squads and platoons are not set in stone. They can be broken down and reformed as the need dictates. Personally if I find my time is cut short due to real life issues I'd perfer it if I wasn't wasting a position in a squad only to be entered later as an extra because I caught up at a later date. If 9/10 people are ready and roaring to go, then it seems better for the squad, and the guild as a whole, for those 9 people to get a new 10th person and start raiding. On the flip side I'd feel really poorly if I was that 10th person and suddenly got dropped because a legacy member (squadie from TBC) finally caught up and room needed to be made for them.

There WILL be a squad for you regardless of where or when you end up at end game in TG. If that means current squads will be reborn in the ashes of the end or completely new squads get cobbled together from the remains of the current squads has yet to be seen.

In essence Wintrow's post could be seen as saying "Resurgent is disbanding for WotLK! If you want to join the new Resurgent then you must be level 80 by December so we can take the raiding scene by force! All applicants welcome, but preference will be given to proven dedicated raiders"
                      My sanity is not in question...
                      It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Bump as a reminder to all guildies. I am still accepting names of those interested in pushing through raid content with Resurgent.
                        70 Priest

Comment

By the way, preliminary figures indicate an abundance of DPS and tank classes. Healing numbers aren't where I want them to be, though.
                          70 Priest

Comment

I know I lack the endgame healing experience, but I could probably be convinced to roll my Druid as my main since we have so many damn mages.
                            "Uhhhh.... Try this HOT and let me know how it goes."

Comment

Originally posted by Gaze View Post
                              I know I lack the endgame healing experience, but I could probably be convinced to roll my Druid as my main since we have so many damn mages.
                              intriguing development....
                              70 Priest

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...