wow is it worth it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow is it worth it?

ok i just downloaded a free trial of wow now i want to no what is it about this game that would keep someone coming back for more?

Re: wow is it worth it?

The question you should ask yourself is "Why do I play BF if the map just resets and my opponent just respawns?". The answer you give may be something similar to what you might have to play WoW or any other MMORPG.

If you don't get it you're not going to get it regardless of how many different answers you get. If you don't want to get it then nothing will sway you from that point of view either.

Just try it and if you like it you like it. If you don't like it, oh well it was free anyhow.
    My sanity is not in question...
    It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

My realization that I needed to purchase WoW was after about level 14 or so. I had just made my way to the Darkshore after exploring a starter island for days and loving it. I zoomed out my map and realized I had only scouted maybe 5% of the land and was hooked.

There is a ton to do. For a new person, most of that will be solo, thankfully, they decreased the xp needed to level, so it should be fast.

Play it, find your niche. If you don't like it, cancel.

Comment

I'd also mention that a lot of the game is locked out to free trial accounts, making it frustrating to help someone with such an account. In particular, you can't trade or easily upgrade your bags with a friend's help, and trade is a big part of the game. Alas, to be able to do that, you have to buy the basic game and pay for a month's service.

MMO's differ from FPS also in how you manage your time. With a FPS, you can usually jump in and out of a game on a whim. With an MMO, you tend to be "caught" in the game once you commit to playing, until you achieve some goal or get to safe harbor. If you party up with someone (which makes the game easier to play), it can be hard to disengage, leaving the other person alone again.
        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X