Attn! 3.0 Locks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attn! 3.0 Locks

So we know Destro locks got hit with the [Legendary Titanium Bat of Nerfing]. And it looks like Affliction locks.. albeit a little more powerful.. still aren't stacking up (and they never will on trash) to other dps.

Not to mention raid support got nerfed
    - Only 1 healthstone per person no matter what the rank
    - COE is useless with a boomkin
    - Blood pact is practically useless with raid wide buffs (CS overwrites it)

-Soulshards are still the pain in the ass they've always been... although you can have a chance at making 2 with a glyph (big friggin woppeedee doooo).
    -They still take an metric ass ton of bag space.
    - And lastly 2 of our normal spells shadowburn & soulfire still use shards (and there's nothing special about these spells.)

The way it looks I don't see why any guild would want more than 1 lock (2 at MAX) for raiding in WotLK. So come the expansion, my lock is getting shelved in favor of my drood (Boomkin's looking sexeh with brez, innervate, the damage debuff, +5% crit to raid, and way more armor than most casters, you can't go wrong with a boomkin) and I probably won't look back.

So on that note, what do the other locks plan on doing for the expansion?

-edit- fixed a few typos
    Last edited by HhAaZzEeYy; 10-16-2008, 11:15 AM.

Re: Attn! 3.0 Locks

Originally posted by HhAaZzEeYy View Post
    So we know Destro locks got hit with the [Legendary Titanium Bat of Nerfing]. And it looks like Affliction locks.. albeit a little more powerful.. still aren't stacking up (and they never will on trash) to other dps.

Not to mention raid support got nerfed
    - Only 1 healthstone per person no matter what the rank
    - COE is useless with a boomkin
    - Blood pact is practically uselss with raid wide buffs (CS overwrites it)
    Blizzard isn't finished yet. Locks are still pushing out more dps than shadow priests - but since spriests are bottom of the barrel they got the attention first, and new boosts to them have been announced and will be implemented for LK launch to level things out. Locks will follow in time, though may not be as balanced at 70 as Blizzard's goal is more focused on dps balance at 80.

As to raid support, well yeah... They nerfed raid support of everyone so that for the most part no class / spec brings invaluable raid synergy that demands multiple of that class / spec being included in the raid, the idea being that no class / spec is an absolute requirement for any encounter to be designed in the future. SPriest 'replenishment' does the same thing as a ret paladin or a survival hunter, except that it results in a net loss in mana for the spriest (our personal mana and dps are lower as a result of keeping it up), so I feel your pain there, but it's just part of the new order. At least you still carry the utility in that where encounters offer multiple main targets, you can maintain your debuff on one while a moonkin does on another.

Boomkin are definitely very evil right now and are very attractive for it but, in the same way that ret paladins are being adjusted, it's likely a matter of time till they get similar treatment. So while you should by all means enjoy the class if you like the playstyle, I would recommend against using relative dps and raid utility as basis for a class change decision.
    sigpic

Comment

They already nerfed ret pallies btw. Unannounced changes with the patch changed SoC to doing even less damage, and divine storm to doing physical (which is the larger kick in the jimmy).

Aestryd 80 Prot Pally / Epimetheus 70 Feral Druid / Yuusei 74 Enhancement Shaman
      Camsmule 70 Fury/Prot Warrior / Tamrissa 70 Affliction Warlock / Aegyn 70 Holy Priest
      Shyff 70 Arcane Mage / Indrus 62 Combat Rogue

Comment

I'm sure they'll balance everything in the end so warlocks are very competitive for dps, but now that a druid is actually viable dps and the fact that they bring way more to the table now (their off healing will actually have some power as a Boomkin. They can battle rez, help raid rez, toss an innervate to a healer in need, 5% crit to all, etc) I just don't see any reason to play my lock over my druid. Not to mention shards are just really annoying

Comment

CoE is still not completely useless compaired to Boomkin damage increase. CoE has that "minor" resistance decrease to mobs. Every little bit helps.

But yeah, warlock pet buffs are useless because another class has better. Commanding Shout almost doubles what the imp gives, and the Fel Int from the Fel Guard is a down-ranked version of AI and Divine Spirit.

I'm ticked about the healthstone nerf though, although the way the BT raid went last night i never had to use mine...

I can live with soulshards, the only time they become an issue is when we are grinding out on a boss and there are no mobs to replenish on. I don't get the point of Soulfire....it does a bit more damage then Shadow Bolt, but has a 6 sec cast (4 through talents) and uses a shard....that is it. Shadowburn is useful though as it is an insta DD that does a decent amount of damage, kinda like priest SWD.

I've gotten use to my damage being gimp, and my computer doesn't help that any but i plan on sticking out on my lock because he is still fun to play =)

Tarma: 80 Enhancement Shaman | Koliana: 70 Balance Druid
          Salelen: 70 Discipline Priest | Jadrek: 70 Arcane Mage
          Kerowhyn: 67 Retribution Paladin | Talenoth: 69 Unholy Death Knight
          Caldac: 60 Beast Master Hunter | Kamina: 58 Protection Warrior
          Celendra: 45 Combat Rogue

I had it all! I had it all and then I lost it. Lost... all gone... like... my mind. My mind is like... cheese. I like cheese.

Comment

Changing mains is obviously a personal choice based on a wide variety of reasons. I think its a bad idea to base the decision on which class is where on the dps charts atm. Especially knowing that by the time everyone hits 80 we're going to see quite a few more changes (more nerfs than buffs I would bet). That being said I know you've been considering this for some time and when you talk about your druid you seem to really like it.
            Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
            Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
            ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

I think im going to switch to my pali. . . and not because of damage or anything like that. I just really want to tank >:D

and im also tired of being the tallest warlock in the raids. . . everyone hates the human. .. :D
              Do or do not, there is no try. . . - Yoda

Comment

HUMAN WARLOCK! GET HIM!!! Bite his ankles until he is as short as the rest of us respectable locks!

Tarma: 80 Enhancement Shaman | Koliana: 70 Balance Druid
                Salelen: 70 Discipline Priest | Jadrek: 70 Arcane Mage
                Kerowhyn: 67 Retribution Paladin | Talenoth: 69 Unholy Death Knight
                Caldac: 60 Beast Master Hunter | Kamina: 58 Protection Warrior
                Celendra: 45 Combat Rogue

I had it all! I had it all and then I lost it. Lost... all gone... like... my mind. My mind is like... cheese. I like cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Gollaen View Post
                  HUMAN WARLOCK! GET HIM!!! Bite his ankles until he is as short as the rest of us respectable locks!
                  "Respectable locks"? Ain't no such thing shorty! Jan (the coldhearted, flaming @#$% that she is), has always been and will probably always be destro. She is way to much fun to play to put on a shelf permanently.

Level 80 Warrior
                  Level 74 Priest

Comment

lol when I saw what wrath was doing in alpha i decided to shelf my rogue and roll a HUMAN lock. 68 and...*counts* 7 bars in. And from what I've seen, warlock dps isn't gonna be spam shadowbolt anymore. WOOT!
                    This is where I write words.

Comment

There's one thing I really liked about shadowbolt spam... It lets you pay attention to EVERYTHING else... Including your television :-p
                      I think my problem is that my druid was my original main and my favorite toon to play, and now that boomkin is viable dps with decent raid support I'm stoked to play him.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X