Just got WoW and got a question?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got WoW and got a question?

Hi I just got WoW and want to play on the TG server. The thing is I am live in Europe and I think I can only play on Euro servers.

Is there a way to play on the TG one and what is it called?

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Re: Just got WoW and got a question?

We play on the US Thunderhorn server for the Alliance.
    Lub it on!!!

Comment

Hey Maquis, to answer your question to play on the US servers you'll need to have bought a US version of WoW. Apparently if you buy the EU version, it will only allow you to play on the EU servers. However, after a bit more searching I found this:

go into the world of warcraft folder and open the realmlist.wtf file with notepad
      change the first line from
      set realmlist eu.logon.worldofwarcraft.com
      to
      set realmlist us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com
      save
      this should allow you to connect to US servers rather than euro servers

Hopefully this would works, but it was posted in late March of this year, so it *may* not still work this way.

Edit:

Apparently you still need the verification code from a US version of the game to get a US account, which is the last thing you'd need to be able to play with us on T-horn.

Aestryd 80 Prot Pally / Epimetheus 70 Feral Druid / Yuusei 74 Enhancement Shaman
      Camsmule 70 Fury/Prot Warrior / Tamrissa 70 Affliction Warlock / Aegyn 70 Holy Priest
      Shyff 70 Arcane Mage / Indrus 62 Combat Rogue

Comment

Thanks, but I don't know how to get that code.

I'll look for it, until then I guess I will need to stay in europe and not enjoy the TG way, pitty.

Comment

you can get the code by purchasing a US copy of WoW. The code is the CD serial, I believe. So, basically you should be fine once/if you buy a US version of WoW. There are various sights that you can get a US version from, and if you need to find one, lemme know.

Aestryd 80 Prot Pally / Epimetheus 70 Feral Druid / Yuusei 74 Enhancement Shaman
          Camsmule 70 Fury/Prot Warrior / Tamrissa 70 Affliction Warlock / Aegyn 70 Holy Priest

Comment

ok, I'll try that!! Would amazon work?

Comment

It should work, but I think that they don't like/allow shipping to outside the continental US, and European amazon may not be selling a US version of WoW, unless they specifically state it. I'd say it would work, just make sure it *is* in fact the US version, Maquis.

Edit:

Blah, I'm the king of edits. Just to be clear, the core WoW and the expansion(s) all need to be US versions to my knowledge.

Comment

Was reading up on my favorite tankadin site, and came across a curiously pertinent thread: http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...ic.php?t=16174

Comment

You can probably download the US files from a mirror. Then it's a matter of getting the US key.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Mirrors
                  Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

would work for vanilla and BC, but not wrath. I seriously doubt they'd be putting that on DL anytime soon, due to agreements with vendors and whatnot. Yeah, he won't be in wrath right away, but still..

Comment

Thanks for that imput, I am playing with a friend on the euro servers at the moment until I get an american version

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X