Old World Raiding: 11/21

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old World Raiding: 11/21

This is a raid invitation open to all! A night for scheduled old world raids to complete achievements, old quests, whatever. Invites start at 7, and we will go for as long as we have people. If we have more people than are required for any given instance, we'll attempt to make two (or more) balanced groups. PLEASE TAKE NOTE: Attunement Runs for MC or BWL will not be made as a prerequisite to get you into the raid if you do not have them done before the event. Two weeks should be plenty of time.

In order to do Molten Core, we will need people that can put out the flames. Please post here if you're able.

The Poll is to ask which instance we should start with. I would say Molten Core, but the vote will determine it. Now, I'm sure that some people do not know exactally which instances are old world, so here they are:

Molten Core: 40 people; Reputation Group: Hydraxian Waterlords
    While technically there are no prerequisites to enter Molten Core through its entrance at the bottom of Blackrock Depths, every Core raider will want to complete the Attunement to the Core quest to enable the shortcut at the bottom of Blackrock Mountain. This quest is given at level 55 by Lothos Riftwaker who is located just outside The Quarry, on the way to Blackrock Depths. Once attuned you can access Molten Core by talking to Lothos again. What this quest involves is getting to the enterance of MC that is actually inside BRD. Near the enterance is the core fragment you need to be attuned.

The only significant quest chain is the Hydraxian Waterlords chain, which can be started by a visit to Duke Hydraxis off the coast of Azshara. Completing this quest chain will require killing one of each of the trash mobs in the Core, and then defeating the four "naga bosses" in Molten Core (Lucifron, Gehennas, Shazzrah, and Sulfuron Harbinger).

Zul'Gurub: 20 people; Reputation Group: Zandalar Tribe
    No significant quests are necessary to complete the instance, but there are a few avaliable at Yojamba Isle in Northwest STV. Also, the quest [60R] The Perfect Poison Given by Dirk Thunderwood at Cenarion Hold in Silithus has a quest item drop from the second boss.

Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj (AQ20): 20 people; Reputation Group: Cenarion Circle (Boss Kills also Brood of Nozdormu)
    No significant quests are necessary to complete the instance, although the first boss drops a quest item necessary for [60R] The Perfect Poison Given by Dirk Thunderwood at Cenarion Hold in Silithus.

Blackwing Lair 40 people; No Reputation Group
    There are only two quests involving this instance that I know of. First, the attunement:
    In order to enter Blackwing Lair you must be at least level 55 and be attuned. To become attuned, you must first kill the Scarshield Quartermaster who is found near the Orb of Command (see location above for directions to the orb. Note: The Quartermaster is no longer located in the room where the Orb of Command is. He is in the first hallway you encounter as you're heading to the Orb room, turn left and you will see him with two guards. It is no longer possible to stealth and just fight him. Due to his relocation, any attack on him will also pull the two guards). Once you kill the quartermaster, loot an item from him called [Blackhand's Command] which begins a quest. This quest requires that you go to the end of Upper Blackrock Spire and touch a brand (found behind General Drakkisath). This will brand you with the Mark of Drakkisath and allow you to use the Orb of Command to enter Blackwing Lair.
    Second, a quest involving Brood of Nozdormu to kill Broodlord Lashslayer.

Temple of Ahn'Qiraj (AQ40): 40 people; Reputation Group: Brood of Nozdormu (Boss Kills also Cenarion Circle)
    The only quest involving this instance comes from a drop item off of trash.
    Molten Core
    26.32%
    Zul'Gurub
    10.53%
    Ruins of AQ-20
    0.00%
    Blackwing Lair
    15.79%
    Temple of AQ-40
    5.26%
    Any of them!
    42.11%
    Last edited by Drewidism; 11-10-2008, 11:24 AM. Reason: Because I can
    ALLIANCE ON THUNDERHORN as of 12.1.08:
    - 78 Combat Rogue | - 70 Discipline Priest | - 70 Affliction/Demonology Warlock
    - 70 Feral Druid | - 70 Frost Mage | - 70 Beast Mastery Hunter
    - 70 Retribution Paladin | - 61 Arms Warrior | - 70 Enhancement Shaman

Re: Old World Raiding: 11/21

Bump. Please vote and sign up!

Comment

Another bump, is anyone at all interested in this? Only four signups as of last time I looked.

Comment

Are DK's Allowed? =D
        I'll sign up and should be there. We won't need full raids for most of those lol

We should smack Ony around too!

EDIT:
        I can only signup as Unavailable. What am I doing wrong?
        Last edited by caldsteven; 11-18-2008, 04:34 PM.

"REMEMBER! Pillage first THEN Burn!"

Comment

DK's are fine, they would probably be fun to see. No idea about the unavaliable...and yes, I forgot Onyxia because that does not take long. That being the case, then yes, we can slap her around too.

Comment

Ohh Drew this sounds like so much fun. I will try to make this have to look at my schedule and see if I can. Will have to get a couple attunements out of the way.
            The definition of insanity:
            Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Comment

Whisp, I need to do the Attunements on my DK. So if you're wanting to get a group together let me know and let's organize a time.
              I'm pretty much free tonight

"REMEMBER! Pillage first THEN Burn!"

Comment

i would gladly take one of my characters, i think it would be fun, been missing the old stuff
                Sesshomaruu- Mage

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X